• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It looks a lot stronger than the vanilla needler. I wouldn't be surprised if people dropped the vanilla AR for it.
Yeah totally. I originally thought variants were meant to be alternates to the base weapons, with some pros and some cons... but this one seems like a straight upgrade. Curious to see how they implement it!

cluk

May 22, 2018
The Commando needs a slight buff, it just feels like it's always one bullet away or so from scoring a kill or if you miss just a tiny bit your mag is gonna run out. Just feels like the AR is more of a better choice in a direct fight as you got to slow down and control the Commando more. Just a slight buff to it, make it need like one less bullet to kill or something.
Funny because the flight had the commando at one less bullet needed to kill. It felt great at that level.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Also, what's the effective range on the repulsor? Yesterday I managed to send a dude to the moon with it (in the middle of a sword charge on the powerplant map.. it was hilarious) and sometimes I just stand there looking silly. Is there any kind of indicator that shows something is within range?

The bot called '343 Free Money' is hilarious considering the current state.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an old-guard Halo close combat player. I was an absolute murder machine with the actually good shotguns and the Energy Sword. The close combat options in this game being markedly less effective has not been an easy transition, and I've always struggled with precision weapons when I'm not playing with a mouse.

Edit: To be fair, the Energy Sword is fine, but it's so rare that it's almost not worth considering as a factor anymore.
Running around with the sword in this game feels like i'm begging to die, I was never great with being sneaky with it though in other games. I came around to the bulldog though, that thing is a beast. Also if you haven't messed around with the mangler, that's a 1 shot+1 melee kill too, pretty good close range option

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I'm an old-guard Halo close combat player. I was an absolute murder machine with the actually good shotguns and the Energy Sword. The close combat options in this game being markedly less effective has not been an easy transition, and I've always struggled with precision weapons when I'm not playing with a mouse.

Edit: To be fair, the Energy Sword is fine, but it's so rare that it's almost not worth considering as a factor anymore.

The Bulldog is one of if not the best shotguns this franchise has ever had.

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
I have been playing since flight 1 and I have found my controls. It did take some time in the training mode though.

But now the controls feel great.
See I'll think the same thing and then a day or two later it feels wack and I'll go back and change some more.

Anyone got the settings pros use? Maybe I could work out something from that

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The Bulldog is one of if not the best shotguns this franchise has ever had.

I can kill with it sometimes but I miss my close combat instakill shotgun. Bulldog is really only relevant if you use it full auto, and it doesn't really have the ammo reserves for that.

Running around with the sword in this game feels like i'm begging to die, I was never great with being sneaky with it though in other games. I came around to the bulldog though, that thing is a beast. Also if you haven't messed around with the mangler, that's a 1 shot+1 melee kill too, pretty good close range option

As with every Halo game, the sword is a "play smart" weapon, you really have to take advantage of enemies' distraction to take them down, otherwise you're going to die after likely killing one person with a lunge. But yes, it is 100% harder to use in Infinite than it was in 3 or Reach. Absolutely. The time to kill being much faster than H3 means it's much more of a risk than it used to be.

Oct 27, 2017
I have been since flight 1 🙃 It never feels right
lol i feel you i had to play with the controls for 20 hours really just changed them again..last night because the fucking equipment button is one too many for me because i dont use my triggers for aim and shoot...i use lb for aim (now L3 because aiming with scopes in this game isnt really needed) so no LB is equipment so i can be spider-man around the map now with the G hook lol i really should just get a xbox pad a go back to bumper jumper...

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
not like its not been all over my YouTube... :/

just release it.

Shit.. and that dude is dutch (meaning some store in my country has it). Sadly I got it through my Series X + Gamepass.. so I don't need to triple dip. That's what I hate about digital copies, no chance of getting it early. Unless MS (which they won't) decides to release it early.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
last gen consoles were a mistake.
This has nothing to do with last gen consoles. Halo 5 had proper matched animation framerates to overall framerates, and most other games don't have this issue either, including cross gen releases. The animations aren't even properly matched to 30 fps on Xbox One, so it's not like they locked them to 30fps for last gen, they are just a bugged they need to resolve it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Asked people to cap the points in BTB TC, politely I'll add, and I got:

"go play ranked if you care about that"
"we don't get anything for winning anyway"
"I don't play to sweat"

Like... people don't actually have fun trying to win in a game designed to be that? You don't need to sweat to try to cap.

It's a bit alien to me.
TC to me is like if Halo and Battlefield had a baby and it grew up in Halo's house. People not playing the objective, ironically, is present in both games. For whatever reason, some people just want to stay away from the capture points and just stay safe & hidden with battle rifles in Halo. It's the same reason people want to just stay away from the objectives with a DMR / Sniper in Battlefield to stay safe & hidden.

It's maddening in both haha

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
The Commando needs a slight buff, it just feels like it's always one bullet away or so from scoring a kill or if you miss just a tiny bit your mag is gonna run out. Just feels like the AR is more of a better choice in a direct fight as you got to slow down and control the Commando more. Just a slight buff to it, make it need like one less bullet to kill or something.
That's how it was in the last flight then they nerfed it to take one more bullet. It also feels like the bloom is worse from the last flight. It's just overall not a solid option imo.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, certain animations are locked at suboptimal framerates, including clambering and skewer reloads. Really hope they manage to fix it
This has been so jarring. I constantly think I'm getting frame dips on PC when doing certain actions, makes the game feel juttery even when the framerate is completely butter smooth. This was an issue in H5 as well, I wonder why...

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
This has been so jarring. I constantly think I'm getting frame dips on PC when doing certain actions, makes the game feel juttery even when the framerate is completely butter smooth. This was an issue in H5 as well, I wonder why...
This is slightly different than Halo 5 I think. There, the animations a certain distance from the camera were at lower framerates for performance reasons. Here, the animations are actually rendering at 60 fps (or higher), but the animation data itself is not at a correct framerate which makes it look off. Pretty sure it's a bug and not a performance saving measure like Halo 5.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
This is slightly different than Halo 5 I think. There, the animations a certain distance from the camera were at lower framerates for performance reasons. Here, the animations are actually rendering at 60 fps (or higher), but the animation data itself is not at a correct framerate which makes it look off. Pretty sure it's a bug and not a performance saving measure like Halo 5.

Agreed. How it wasn't noticed in testing is weird though. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I can kill with it sometimes but I miss my close combat instakill shotgun. Bulldog is really only relevant if you use it full auto, and it doesn't really have the ammo reserves for that.

I never use full auto, one shot + melee or take time to line up my shots. It's really great, I don't miss the inconsistent POS shotguns from the Bungie era at all.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The variant pulse carbine should just replace the OG one. It fires faster.

I never use full auto, one shot + melee or take time to line up my shots. It's really great, I don't miss the inconsistent POS shotguns from the Bungie era at all.

I think it feels way better full auto. I get strange RoF viarancy when I try to time the trigger pulls and it makes it feel bad, like it wont shoot when I want.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I find the bulldog inconsistent, the fire rate specifically. I know you can hold the trigger down but I like tapping my shots and sometimes the gun doesn't fire. It's not my controller either, because weapons shoot just fine with any other gun.

The classic shotty was great for me.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhg... there's a final weekly challenge that doesn't appear until after you complete all the others!?

I was trying to get them all done and just finished the last on the list and got all excited. And then one more appears. No way I can finish it in the last 30 minutes before the weekly reset. Fuck off with this shit.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
That is sad. Makes it become boring very quickly.

10 maps isnt bad for launch. They usually release more maps over time.

The biggest issue is the lack of game modes and forge.

The massive variety of gamemodes typically give the existing maps longer legs while we wait for more dev content.

Like fragmentation seems like it would be great for race types. And Launch Site would be well suited for Infection. Behemoth is just asking for some Grapple hook start custom gametypes. If forge were here we'd be drowning in all sorts of grapple hook and/or repulsor parkour maps already. There's a ton of untapped potential within the maps we already have.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Uhhg... there's a final weekly challenge that doesn't appear until after you complete all the others!?

I was trying to get them all done and just finished the last on the list and got all excited. And then one more appears. No way I can finish it in the last 30 minutes before the weekly reset. Fuck off with this shit.

Challenges reset Tuesday, I thought?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks we essentially have to rely on the devs for a more maps/modes.

Forge sounds like its gonna be crazy delayed. I wish they could just release it in increments. I understand they want to make it good but no harm in releasing a Halo 3 tier forge just to let us make basic infection maps.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I play on a 144hz monitor. FPS set to 72 min, 144fps max. I can't set my FPS higher than that at all (I've heard others can, I have no idea how to... it won't let me type in anything higher in Custom).

No matter what I put it on, BTB feels a little laggy, like it isn't running at 144HZ.

Anyone have insight on that?

Not had a single crash or anything like that so far.

The only thing like it was today when I queued for a BTB game and it was stuck on 0% loading map, and flashed up a "cannot connect to dedicated server message" over and over no matter how many times I dismissed it. Had to restart to clear it.

Set both your min and max framerate to 120fps.

I went from ~90fps with stuttering to a smooth consistent 120fps. Visually I can't really see any difference.

Make sure vsync is off or it'll stop you from entering custom values.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Set both your min and max framerate to 120fps.

I went from ~90fps with stuttering to a smooth consistent 120fps. Visually I can't really see any difference.
I can't do that for some reason... my min will only allow me to type 72 as the max in the custom field. If I try to type 73 or more, it won't input the second digit.

Anyone know why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.