• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Is it better to fire the AR in bursts, or to always go full auto? I find myself losing a lot of 1v1 duals even though we both seem to be hitting each other at the same rate. I'm assuming it comes down to the reticle bloom and random headshots.

I'm on mouse and keyboard btw. Do controller users get bullet magnetism in addition to auto aim?

Depending on range, do a full auto on the chest/neck area, then do a final three shot burst to the head

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you the killing spree challenge. :D

FFIDEL9X0AIMZ4v
Wait what… level 62? Shieeeeeeeeeee—

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The play next time for me is to use XP boosts during the Fracture event double XP for fracture challenges levels you up so quickly.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
there are thing mouse players can do that controller users can't… like play outside of the intended range with precision weapons, and turn instantly etc.

the sum of these imbalances is that your are able to contend with the caliber of player you are contending with.
The issue I have is how controller players are contending with MnK players. The advantage controller has with aim assist is way more applicable and constant than the advantages you're saying MnK has over controller.

The benefits of being able to instantly turn are almost completely diminished in a game where fights on average last longer than two seconds, flat out. As for shooting outside of a weapon's intended range, this (in my experience and I'd find it hard to believe otherwise) again isn't an issue 99% of the time because most engagements are within aim-assist ranges anyways.

To be clear, I can acknowledge that most of my gripes are centered around Ranked play and 4v4 modes in general due to map size. I am sympathetic to the edge-cases where MnK can be more dominant than controller but they are very much just that; edge cases.

I dunno how controversial this would be but I'd advocate for a single shot, 5sk weapon like the H5 magnum or DMR to be the starter weapon in Ranked instead of the BR. One of the biggest issues right now with mouse is how often you miss bullets within a burst due to the insane strafe speed, and missing even one bullet can massively increase the TTK of the BR. Only having to hit a single shot center mass would help a lot in leveling the playing field and tbh I just find single shot weapons to be more skillful anyways. I doubt it would happen but it at least would be an easy change.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The issue I have is how controller players are contending with MnK players. The advantage controller has with aim assist is way more applicable and constant than the advantages you're saying MnK has over controller.

The benefits of being able to instantly turn are almost completely diminished in a game where fights on average last longer than two seconds, flat out. As for shooting outside of a weapon's intended range, this (in my experience and I'd find it hard to believe otherwise) again isn't an issue 99% of the time because most engagements are within aim-assist ranges anyways.

To be clear, I can acknowledge that most of my gripes are centered around Ranked play and 4v4 modes in general due to map size. I am sympathetic to the edge-cases where MnK can be more dominant than controller but they are very much just that; edge cases.

I dunno how controversial this would be but I'd advocate for a single shot, 5sk weapon like the H5 magnum or DMR to be the starter weapon in Ranked instead of the BR. One of the biggest issues right now with mouse is how often you miss bullets within a burst due to the insane strafe speed, and missing even one bullet can massively increase the TTK of the BR. Only having to hit a single shot center mass would help a lot in leveling the playing field and tbh I just find single shot weapons to be more skillful anyways. I doubt it would happen but it at least would be an easy change.

I agree with most of this but I would say turn speed is beneficial when ttk is so high, especially when it comes to being engaged immediately after a duel.

Also, in quick play 4v4 with the sidekick, and with precision map pickups, engagements with the sidekick, mangler and shock rifle, are routinely outside of intended range. Managing recoil with the sentinel beam is also easier in mkb

as far as single shot starter weapons, I think you'd find that most players at higher levels would agree, even those that play on controller. IMO The H5mag should have returned

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Do exp boosts need to last until you've finished a match or can i still get the bonus if I enter a game with 20 seconds on the timer?

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's lame. There's absolutely nothing satisfying about grinding through these BP levels as is. Challenges suck. EXP rewards suck. Currency is too expensive. No idea what 343i were thinking with all of it. Hopefully adjustments are soon because I can very well see it killing my interest in the game, long term.

Final question: I'm level 7 in the event. Is there a way to go higher with no more challenges?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
That's lame. There's absolutely nothing satisfying about grinding through these BP levels as is. Challenges suck. EXP rewards suck. Currency is too expensive. No idea what 343i were thinking with all of it. Hopefully adjustments are soon because I can very well see it killing my interest in the game, long term.

Final question: I'm level 7 in the event. Is there a way to go higher with no more challenges?
Level 7 is the cap in this week.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

no you can only do 7 levels each time the fracture event occurs

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Do exp boosts need to last until you've finished a match or can i still get the bonus if I enter a game with 20 seconds on the timer?
I got one to register but I had done the actual challenge before the end of the match. It was to kill a certain number of Spartans. I got that done and then the time ran out and the match ended. It credited me that.

I do think they give them to you because I believe the daily gave me double XP even tho the game hadn't ended. I might be misremembering.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone unsure about getting the campaign? If the MP wasn't free I think I'd get it for sure but since it is I'm wondering if I should just wait for a sale or something first.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Does anyone else feel like the ranks raise too fast? there is little punishment for losses and one victory fills a good chunk of the bar. I'm "almost" Platinum 2 and I don't feel like I'm playing that well.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Anyone unsure about getting the campaign? If the MP wasn't free I think I'd get it for sure but since it is I'm wondering if I should just wait for a sale or something first.
Still debating, I have 4 months of gamepass but I like owning my games, I'll likely just base it off review scores

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
It's one of my biggest issues with the game right now, alongside playlists, Ranked quitting and general progression. Playing on a playlist that doesn't have cross play feels fundamentally different to those that do, particularly with regards to precision weapons at range. There seems to be pro-tier snipers in every Big Team Battle match I play...

Truth. I have been good with the sniper in every Halo and I can't get used to this one, meanwhile pc players..

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The MP has only made more hyped for the campaign, along with the great campaign preview impressions of course. I have Game Pass so I don't have to worry about that, but I 100% would be buying it if I didn't.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I am genuinely perplexed at all of the controller players asking for crossplay to be turned off as if controller isn't insanely dominant against MnK in all but the most extreme edge cases like cross-map BtB.

I'm half joking with this but I wish controller players could play on MnK for even just a few matches to understand the the teeth-grinding frustration that is playing against legal aimbot. Zero strafe inertia + really fast strafe speed + high TTK = the need to be essentially perfect with mouse tracking. Just because mouse has the capacity to be pixel accurate does not mean it is feasible to do so in this game unless you're an absolute god gamer at every moment you're playing.

I don't mean to come off as inflammatory but I genuinely think there is an imbalance between the two control methods and it becomes harder to have that conversation when 99% of the discourse surrounding it is about how "overpowered" MnK is when it's apparent the people complaining have never used it in this game.

The precision weapons such as skewer and snipers are way easier to use for pc. There is virtually no aim assist on console, maybe the AR is an exception but for every other weapon it's non-existent. Try using the Sentinel beam on console and see what happens. I can have fun and even games in ranked (diamond) but it's horrid in BTB. Getting shot by the AR or pistol from BR range, console aim going haywire in CQB (it's horrible on console) while the pc players 360 jump over you when you can't even turn a quarter in the same time span.

In BTB I can tell you blindfolded who is on pc, it's actually a fun minigame.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
The precision weapons such as skewer and snipers are way easier to use for pc. There is virtually no aim assist on console, maybe the AR is an exception but for every other weapon it's non-existent. Try using the Sentinel beam on console and see what happens. I can have fun and even games in ranked (diamond) but it's horrid in BTB. Getting shot by the AR or pistol from BR range, console aim going haywire in CQB (it's horrible on console) while the pc players 360 jump over you when you can't even turn a quarter in the same time span.

In BTB I can tell you blindfolded who is on pc, it's actually a fun minigame.
The bolded is kind of what I mean about the discourse surrounding this topic. It's incredibly difficult to engage with commentary like this because of how far removed from reality it is. You don't honestly believe that, right?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Nothing is better than popping your double xp only to get stuck in a shitty CTF match that never ends and is not gonna earn you any challenge xp. The whole system promotes quitting matches

Jul 10, 2018
So weird that Opencritic already has 7 reviews. 2 of which are from IGN and Gamespot, will they include the campaign reviews too when they come out? Wonder how that works.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Every time I pop a double XP boost I seem to suddenly have to watch the 'other players loading' bar for about five mins.

R.13f0094d34843973843683988d8eaeef

My challenges are for winning slayer games, I literally cannot pick to just play a slayer game. I am leaving quick play games that will be backfilled on launch and to be honest don't give a shit. Fix the game options 343, shits ridiculous!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i think the easiest solution is to just turn off aim assist in cross play queues. mouse and keyboard players then have nothing to complain about. controller users finally get the feeling of zero aim assist. everyone then self segregates into their own pools and if they don't they know what they're in for.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
i think the easiest solution is to just turn off aim assist in cross play queues. mouse and keyboard players then have nothing to complain about. controller users finally get the feeling of zero aim assist. everyone then self segregates into their own pools and if they don't they know what they're in for.
There's already zero aim assist battles with this stupid pistol at long range.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
obgQ5bF.png

we did it. finished the killing spree challenge.

a nice way to end up with a grapple double kill with hammer

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
The bolded is kind of what I mean about the discourse surrounding this topic. It's incredibly difficult to engage with commentary like this because of how far removed from reality it is. You don't honestly believe that, right?

I believe it because I've been playing console fps' for decades and it's very easy to tell that halo infinite has aim assist, but it's definitely near the lowest of any fps game that already doesn't have it disabled (R6S, PUBG). The bullet magnetism on the BR works for every input so saying controller gets more help there is also false.

Status
Not open for further replies.