• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
The ultimate challenge for the 5 streaks is the same for everyone but technically everyone could have different ones before that.

My friend had one to get killjoys plus a 5 streak (before the ultimate), while mine were all getting double kills and playing matches.

Why 343 is giving varying difficulty levels at random to people is one of the many great mysteries of this game to me.

It's to get people to use/buy challenge swaps. I now need to get 3 kills as the ball carrier, which means I need to get into oddball first and then be able to actually get kills with a 2 hit melee while being slow. Think I am going to swap that one.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Pretty sure the shop one just gives you a unique color skin for the Yorai armor and not the actual armor, but it does also give you a unique helmet, visor and some additional attachments for the chest/arms/legs along with that legendary pose.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
They are certainly going to lose a massive amount of momentum. It's all very well and good to extend the season to prevent crunch but they've rushed out a bare bones product that doesn't remotely sun to what you'd expect from six years development..

The last thing this game needed was an early launch.
I really doubt the game was in development for 6 years straight. It was obviously rebooted several times.

edit: Joe Staten also said the extra year was not used to add content.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to get this SINGLE Ravager kill for a challenge and it seems like you get booted out of fiesta slayer if you kill yourself too many times lol. And it's ironically the least damaging thing to do if you really want to try and get a specific weapon, because it doesn't give points to the enemy team (or take away points from my team). Throwing yourself at the enemy would be worse.

I absolutely understand why it's in place, though. Nobody likes griefers.

I really doubt the game was in development for 6 years straight. It was obviously rebooted several times.

Yeah, not how (game) development works at all.

Constant momentum isn't the end all be all either, if the game is fun to play, people tend to return when events are on, new seasons start, etc. Halo Infinite is extremely unique in the current online FPS market and a genuine ton of fun to actually play--which is of course the most important thing to actually nail at launch because it's much harder to "fix" after release--so I don't think there's any reason to be afraid for its future or whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
Constant momentum isn't the end all be all either, if the game is fun to play, people tend to return when events are on, new seasons start, etc. Halo Infinite is extremely unique in the current online FPS market and a genuine ton of fun to actually play--which is of course the most important thing to actually nail at launch because it's much harder to "fix" after release--so I don't think there's any reason to be afraid for its future or whatever.

You're right, *but* it's pretty important in this particular case. I mean, everyone knows Halo Infinite has experienced development hell. It's 2020 showing was so poor for so many it was all but written off until the beta showed signs of real life. Halo in general has found it rough to fit in a world where Call of Duty and Battlefield games come out yearly, but here we find ourselves in a unique situation: both Vanguard and Battlefield are experiencing woes uncharacteristic of their usual outings. Halo has an in where one really wouldn't normally be with a lot of players right now. Not being able to respond in the way other companies typically do is going to hurt. It's going to hurt to not have an anti-cheat. It's going to hurt to have busted challenges. And it's going to hurt to not see relief from that until May of next year. Sure, some people will come back, but reputation matters.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Dude some of these event challenges are just not fun. My last one is end 5 killing sprees. If im on a good team that never happens. Hell if im on a bad team if rarely happens. Also fiesta will shows some weapons need better balancing since they are just bad.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Holy crap, I just tried a ranked matched with mouse and keyboard in solo/duo just to test it out. It is IMPOSSIBLE to aim, at least for me. Never using MnK for this game ever again. lol

nath999

May 7, 2018
Damn man the menus are so bad, I didn't even realize that there are attachments for helmuts and armor pieces.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Thread would have me mistakenly thinking I'm suddenly a good Halo player with all the complaining about the sprees challenge. IMO it was a nice ultimate challenge that is always available to do in every match at every moment and a good middleground between tough and piss easy, it was straightforward to get for me over the course of 5 or 6 matches (maybe less don't really remember). At this rate they are going to overcompensate turn all of these challenges into no challenge at all.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
So stupid having a challenge to get killing sprees in a playlist with SBMM and random weapons.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thread would have me mistakenly thinking I'm suddenly a good Halo player with all the complaining about the sprees challenge. IMO it was a nice ultimate challenge that is always available to do in every match at every moment and a good middleground between tough and piss easy, it was straightforward to get for me over the course of 5 or 6 matches (maybe less don't really remember). At this rate they are going to overcompensate turn all of these challenges into no challenge at all.

I got through the sprees quickly but it's tying too much to a mode that is a literal goof off RNG fest. Forcing people to go on killing sprees is just going to add to toxicity when players keep getting killing by one shot weapons. Getting personally invested like that is like the opposite of what fiesta should be.

Most of the otherwise hard challenges just promote playing stupidly. To some extent even this one does, as it is making people hard camp areas with sword/hammer so they can blindside people and not risk getting rocketed or something.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
And it's going to hurt to not see relief from that until May of next year. Sure, some people will come back, but reputation matters.
I really doubt progression won't be adressed till may. It's probably a priority for them now which means co-op and/or forge will be further delayed (speculating here).

Apr 25, 2020

raw

I'm so happy the crazy shit that Halo physics can deliver is back

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Didn't they straight up say "You'll be able to earn that armor in the free event" after the multiplayer reveal trailer at E3?

343 lying, what else is new. You get Yoroi, technically.

The damage in this game makes 0 sense, moreso in BTB. I need so many shots while I get instakilled by the AR/Pistol. My grenades don't do jack even if they stand on top of them, meanwhile I get vaporized if I am remotely near. People ninja'ing from the front or having ridiculous melee lunge.

STOP PUTTING ME ON 100MS+

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Gotta be honest, weekly challenges definitely change the way I play the game. I hover over certain guns and wait for them to spawn, don't play the objective, etc. the assist one is awful. It totally changes the game in a negative way.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone blind firing the skewer into the boost port last night. Either they're the same person or they saw this video :)👍

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
It randomly hangs like that. You have to close then restart the game. Theres a bunch of bugs related to starting a match. Quick resume also doesnt work.
Didn't see quick resume mentioned anywhere else so I thought I was the only one. Every time the game quick resumes, I can't connect to the multiplayer lobby. Guess it's a known things?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Had the same challenge, took 4 matches 🤷‍♂️
I had the same challenge and got 5 matches in a row where the other team were significantly better.

I was following team mates, picking up weapons I know how to use...couldn't string two kills together let alone getting near 5 in a row.

Fiesta is probably the worst mode to try and do it on AND a load of people are all going to be on the same challenge.

343 is gonna make this a weekly ultimate.

Nah...they will add "while jumping" on the end :)👍

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta be honest, weekly challenges definitely change the way I play the game. I hover over certain guns and wait for them to spawn, don't play the objective, etc. the assist one is awful. It totally changes the game in a negative way.
Same. I'm having fun but also there are most certainly games where I couldn't give two shits about the objectives/winning since my primary concern is clearing these dumb challenges.

Oct 31, 2017
I swear sometimes it feels like there is straight up fuckery going on with the challenges. Like kills not registering to progress them.

Need 1 more back smack. Have had multiple hits on guys with their backs turned to me today, all that have fully connected have been base melee kills. On the last one, I was fully dead center behind this guy. Throw the melee, hear the sound, the guy physically bumps forward but I do no damage. Feels very good!

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I'm bad at Halo and was able to get the killing spree challenge. Some games are good and in others you will suck. Just have patience.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 'Grand Slam' medal for killing two enemies with one Gravity Hammer swing.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
The screen shake for sprinting is really rough, it's not the usual sway but it feels like you are skipping frames somehow.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of challenges I'm 1 challenge away from this week's ultimate. I have to win 3 total control matches and of course I never get total control matches in BTB. Also I agree about the challenges making you play stupid and go into business for yourself. When I got a get kills with a sidekick I focused on just using the sidekick. Ignored trying to grab an advantage with power weapons cuz I needed kills with the pistol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Trying to get this SINGLE Ravager kill for a challenge and it seems like you get booted out of fiesta slayer if you kill yourself too many times lol. And it's ironically the least damaging thing to do if you really want to try and get a specific weapon, because it doesn't give points to the enemy team (or take away points from my team). Throwing yourself at the enemy would be worse.

I absolutely understand why it's in place, though. Nobody likes griefers.

The same thing happened to me. You can cheat it if you do a death or two, play normally, then do it again.
But yeah, was surprised when I got banned for 15 minutes (Even though it doesn't tell you it's 15 minutes, it just says "USER BANNED" lol).

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, some people will come back, but reputation matters.

Of course it matters, everything matters, but again all I'm saying is that it's definitely not the end all be all and there's no need to be all doom and gloom about the game's future right now. Some players return, some don't, new players pick the game up, old players uninstall it forever. That's just how it goes with live service games like this. Right now, I highly doubt the game is going to be "dying" anytime soon.

I really doubt progression won't be adressed till may. It's probably a priority for them now which means co-op and/or forge will be further delayed (speculating here).

And yeah, this too. They're clearly hard at work fixing the challenge and progression systems, I don't think there's any reason to think these won't get minor or even major overhauls before May.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the bulldog doesn't register your input sometimes. Pulling on the trigger 2-3 times and yet no shell fires out.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
STOP PUTTING ME ON 100MS+

Keeps happening to me too and it feels far worse than 100ms latency should. No reason to put me on US servers at 8pm UK time when there are so many people playing.

Playing on 25-30ms servers is great though.

Edit: tried ranked for the first time yesterday and it was weird. Had a match of solo queue/controller only where the enemy team was platinum/diamond players while all of my team was unranked 😅 then the next match was crossplay/all inputs and my team was stacked against a team of gold players. Suppose it'll settle down when I complete my 10 matches.

Ranked really shows up the bad netcode too, almost impossible to win a 1v1 BR duel when the latency is so bad.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone trying to get killing sprees in Fiesta, I'd recommend trying to get into Launch Site. A Wasp spawns on the offense side sometimes and that can absolutely shred.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really baffled at why there are static poses instead of animated ones. They look so lame and terrible lol

You don't like Spartan Holding Gun Pensively? That shit is so hype, even better than Spartan with Hands Behind Back /s

They could have at least made them running, or kneeling, or throwing a grenade, or... posing in some way that's not just holding an object lamely.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
No. There aren't playlists you can choose from. Only in the Tenrai Fiesta Event.
That's a bummer. I know it is a beta, but something tells me that it would stay like this on december 8th. I love this game, but i really don't like 343's lackluster launches at all. Man, it even took 5 months in Halo 4 to get ranked playlists.

Sorry for my negative vibe, but I just expected more variety, since they said they learned from MCC's online structure.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bummer. I know it is a beta, but something tells me that it would stay like this on december 8th. I love this game, but i really don't like 343's lackluster launches at all. Man, it even took 5 months in Halo 4 to get ranked playlists.

Sorry for my negative vibe, but I just expected more variety, since they said they learned from MCC's online structure.

I'm still holding out hope something changes by december 8th. There's an achievement to revive players in an elimination mode that isn't possible yet and I'd be surprised if that stays impossible by the real launch.

But yeah for now it's a pain.

V23

Oct 27, 2017

This isn't a 'lazy devs' post but I don't know how Bungie was able to consistently launch their games pretty much feature-complete (split-screen co-op, forge, theatre, playlists, etc.), whereas 343 has struggled for three games now. Is the development of modern games so much more labour-intensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.