• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Played first match on BTB, lots of fun.

Really like the "Power Cells" mode, it's a fun take on CTF. Rather than just bringing a flag back to the base you're taking battery cells and you need like five or six to power up and score a point. Regular CTF often ends in a stale mate since it's easy to gang up on the flag carrier, but here there's multiple power cells in play so it's easier to score.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First game and I slaughtered, ha. Halo instincts intact.

Not a great Halo player, but why I keep shooting and can't kill the other player while a couple of hits finish me
Tried to play MCC last week and this one seems closer to COD than classic Halo
Body shots vs headshots, maybe getting team shot too. Halo 1on1 encounters are like a dance, learning to strafe and weave is just as important as shot placement. You can beat a person who is a better shot by being sneaky, like ducking behind a rock then popping out right away to melee, running behind a corner and dropping a grenade, etc... getting a feel for your shield regen timing is crucial, too.

It takes a while to get a feel for it, keep at it!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yeah I still can't stand strongholds lol. Can't carry no matter how hard I try lol. I never get another mode

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm in! The achievements really rolled in as I customized my stuff lol, time to start playing!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
There is a free HCS skin btw. Go to the store and HCS offering and one is free. Kinda a welcome skin

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Why can't I play? :(

FEQoKhAWQAEyBMH
"Content required to play this experiance is not yet installed"

WTF?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Takes approximately thirteen years to kill people in this game. I can't believe people find this ttk fun
It's amazing. Makes encounters feel like mini battles, gives you a chance even if someone gets a drop on you, means if you're smart yo ucan take on multiple players coming at you.

Headshots will strip much faster, btw, gotta place those shots!

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Runs great on Series S, can't believe this $300 little machine can do this much without a slight fan noise

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Game is really fun so far. But its made me realize my PC is not good for medium settings anymore

Edit: looking at the performance thread, maybe its not my PC.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played first match on BTB, lots of fun.

Really like the "Power Cells" mode, it's a fun take on CTF. Rather than just bringing a flag back to the base you're taking battery cells and you need like five or six to power up and score a point. Regular CTF often ends in a stale mate since it's easy to gang up on the flag carrier, but here there's multiple power cells in play so it's easier to score.
That sounds like a fun mode...well more fun than CTF anyway

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing. Makes encounters feel like mini battles, gives you a chance even if someone gets a drop on you, means if you're smart yo ucan take on multiple players coming at you.

Headshots will strip much faster, btw, gotta place those shots!
It was my first game of Halo MP since uhh Halo 3 on MCC years ago, so yea I'm sure I'm just cheeks and rusty, but this same feeling out the gate is why I've never been able to stick with Halo. Hopefully having a posse to play with can help me stick with it

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gunplay is so fucking good, feel like I'm home
No chance I'm getting any work done today

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
pretty huge disappointment that there's no way to simply play a game mode you want to play

wonder how long itll take for them to patch that in. wonder if there will be a lot of people simply quitting match types they dont want to play
kinda dumb

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else also have this problem and know a solution? This happened to me in literally every flight too.

It's like I'm not fully connected to the Halo services or something. I can't get into any customization or progression screens, I just get stuck at a pitch black screen with the UNSC loading menu. Achievements won't pop either, etc.

This only happens on PC. If I boot up my Series S everything loads.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
pretty huge disappointment that there's no way to simply play a game mode you want to play

wonder how long itll take for them to patch that in. wonder if there will be a lot of people simply quitting match types they dont want to play
kinda dumb

Be open minded, aside from Total Control, they're all really good game types. Objective fans always have to suffer in Halo because people want nothing but Slayer, lol.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great Halo player, but why I keep shooting and can't kill the other player while a couple of hits finish me
Tried to play MCC last week and this one seems closer to COD than classic Halo

you gotta get a feel for the health system.

you must deplete someone's shields before you can deplete their health and kill them. Some weapons deplete shields faster than others. Some weapons are better after shields are depleted.

my guess is the people that seem to be killing you quickly already have an understanding of this system.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
More people have the campaign thumnail on the xbox dashboard but when i go into games and app i see the MP thumbnail haha

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone was curious, this was the emblem and stuff I got from matching with 343 during the BTB playdate stream:

x9VGcmZ.png

Ice Unicorn!!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

kinda dumb

previous games eventually added custom games browsers and customized matchmaking.

I imagine these features will come, but weren't ready for launch

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have HDR on from within my monitor OSD (how I get 4K downsampled on PS5) but disabled from Windows 11. For some reason, despite HDR being disabled from Windows 11 settings, Halo always forces HDR regardless.

Is there a toggle or something I can turn off to stop this from happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.