• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great but bummed it's holiday. Was hoping for late September at worst. Considering FH is 11/9, this will either be very late October or mid to late November.

also, and I know it will be on game pass, but are they going to charge $60 for just the campaign with multiplayer F2P?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
You mean the armour which was clearly calling back to Hayabusa?

What game was that in again? Oh yeah - Halo 3.

Interesting.
Well, Hayabusa is a ninja. The new armor is a samurai. Completely different :p

Halo 5 has the Shinobi armor as well.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, a 40-player 60fps multiplayer game on the Xbox One

star-wars-battlefront-ii-kashyyyk.jpg

A 16 player multiplayer game on 10x the hardware:

haloinfinite_mp05_1120x630-a29a3e1101a64fd5aed2f895481ed9b9.jpg

I'm sure they've worked hard from the initial showing, but it's still nowhere near competitive with even last-gen games, let alone current gen.

Halo isn't a generic twitch shooter.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Between this and Battlefield I think if there was a year that COD will be an afterthought, it is this year. The Halo multiplayer looks like a lot of fun!

Oct 27, 2017
Between this and Battlefield I think if there was a year that COD will be an afterthought, it is this year. The Halo multiplayer looks like a lot of fun!

Let's be real, COD will not be an afterthought after it brings in more revenue than Battlefield and Halo. It may be an afterthought on Era, but the Warzone tie-in with COD is just too strong.

Oct 25, 2017
Even the Samurai armor looks clean, which tells me they have a much better handle on armor design this time around.

I can't wait to use the grapple. Lots of utility, and seems like the perfect balance to counter aircrafts.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Looked so good. I'm ready for some Haloes. Looking forward to the in-depth showcase tomorrow!

Oct 27, 2017
And by "afterthought" you mean the best-selling title of 2021.

Let's be real, COD will not be an afterthought after it brings in more revenue than Battlefield and Halo. It may be an afterthought on Era, but the Warzone tie-in with COD is just too strong.

You are both right, but so is the poster you quoted.

Nobody needs to worry about COD's sales, which I'm sure will continue to be amazing regardless, but there's been months of rumours about this years game being in a bit of trouble, as well as the fact that WW2 will just be instantly less appealing to many.

Not to speak for them, but I think the poster is just suggesting that folk do have options if they want to pass on what sounds like it could be an off year for COD. Halo and BF 2042 certainly look like one hell of a double whammy.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Need to see this footage in direct feed HD, but it was looking particularly nice in the first person segments

I love how much texture and detail really pulls through, and the art seems to pull a lot from Halo 2 & Reach in some nice ways.

But where the fuck was a SP demo?? I definitely expected more from Halo in terms of an e3 showing

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Need to see this footage in direct feed HD, but it was looking particularly nice in the first person segments

I love how much texture and detail really pulls through, and the art seems to pull a lot from Halo 2 & Reach in some nice ways.

But where the fuck was a SP demo?? I definitely expected more from Halo in terms of an e3 showing

yeah the brevity of the halo showing was weird.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched this in 4K. Man, this looks worlds better then the last showing.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront 2 isn't either. And he has a point. Battlefront 2 looks way better than Halo Infinite (multiplayer) at almost triple the player count. Let's see how the campaign looks now, but multiplayer looks really bland graphically.
Well BTB is now 24 players, but this is a stupid thing to complain about.

They're both good looking games

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That training stuff for MP Arena is really smart indeed. Arena can be a scary place as new player

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
I can spot influence from a few h2 and h3 maps in most scenes and we see a lot of what is clearly this games Valhalla(Blood Gultch is actually not good fyi). Don't know where you get your warehouse hyperbole.
Neither was Valhalla. There have been better large scale maps in the series, one being Containment. Similar design except one doesn't devolve into a middle of the map slopfest. Halo 3 had a lot of bad maps, like Construct and Narrows and their broken spawns/sightlines.

On the trailer, I dug it. At the same time, I can see the marketing ploy with the grapple hook. Looks cool, but it doesn't seem natural in the Halo world like it does in Battlefield. There were several issues with Halo 3's equipment implementation and I'm curious what they plan on doing these new introductions. For example, the bubble shield in Halo 3 it not only slowed down gameplay, it was used on a short respawn time. I'm not sure how these will be timed or integrated, but if they're used sporadically then it might not be as annoying or a common hindrance during gameplay.

The new weapons and vehicles look interesting enough, though we don't know too much about them. Halo Reach's Plasma Launcher was a terrific anti-vehicle design in the sandbox. Not only fitting against land and air vehicles, it wasn't an overpowered mess like the Spartan Laser turned out to be. Shame we never truly got it back.

Visually it looked much more appealing than Halo 4 or Halo 5 ever did. Spartans being shaders strikes me as a Destiny move; gonna be shitty if I can't pick my usual emblem or color choices when it's restricted behind unlocks.

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Looks amazing, living the customisation options between this and BF2042 multiplayer this year is going to be amazing

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefront 2 isn't either. And he has a point. Battlefront 2 looks way better than Halo Infinite (multiplayer) at almost triple the player count. Let's see how the campaign looks now, but multiplayer looks really bland graphically.
He doesn't have a point. Battlefront lacks all the sandbox and physics elements that define the Halo experience.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do we know if the thruster-dash is still in or gone?
It's gone in the sense that you don't have it as a normal ability.

There may or may not be an equipment pick up that gives you it.
There's tons of reasons for different engines having different looks. BF2 looks pretty but it doesn't have nearly as much physics interactions as the Halo sandbox does. Halo fans also generally like clean looking art. Busy jungle levels wouldn't fare too well.
I don't know… is it just me that feels the game looks kind of outdated? :/
Why?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if crosshairs are customizable, weird seeing the BR with a + shaped crosshair lol.

Forest map lookin good

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
It's gone in the sense that you don't have it as a normal ability.

There may or may not be an equipment pick up that gives you it.

There's tons of reasons for different engines having different looks. BF2 looks pretty but it doesn't have nearly as much physics interactions as the Halo sandbox does. Halo fans also generally like clean looking art. Busy jungle levels wouldn't fare too well.

Why?

Pretty surre Battlefront 2 has better physics.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Definitely look like a cross-gen game to me. It just simply look like all of the others Halo out there. Not sure what to get excited about. I will definetely play it since its f2p but as a casual Halo fan I expected more.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Considering this still needs to run competently on a base Xbox One, it looks good.

Multiplayer seems more chaotic than Halo 5 which I liked but the arena mode in that game was a bit more buttoned up. I think F2P is a good choice too, really eager to try the beta.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my rollout party (group of friends who played tons of Halo 3 big team slayer during the pandemic) will be there day one.

The "epic campaign" premise doesn't seem interesting to me. They haven't really been for a long time.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks *fine* enough for Halo. Would maybe like the environments shown to have a bit more color but don't really see a problem with them otherwise.

Excited for things like BTB to actually fucking ship with the game, bots, and skins that actually look nice.

And then Halo will compare to something like Battlefield 2042 in fall ...

On the other hand, Battlefield has just as much and probably more going on physics-wise than Halo and still manages to look better on any grounds other than art style.

Either way, I dO prefer a cleaner look in Halo MP and don't play it for a "cinematic experience".

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty surre Battlefront 2 has better physics.
From what I recall its largely character ragdolls that are probably not physical objects anymore. When you blow up a vehicle it turns into nothing as well.

Stuff you can do (at least in the past) in Halo.
-Use grenade explosion to propel weapons to you
-Splatter players
-Have a wreck of a vehicle splatter players
-stick a dead body that can ragdoll to a player
-use fusion coils to propel vehicles
-explosions have a force, will move vehicles and players.

Halo 3 was the king at this, but all Halo's had elements of it.