• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This. I hope they forego ranked seasons and just do Halo 2/Halo 3 1-50 where you can go up and down.

I'm not a fan of resetting rank. Though it'll probably be reset per season. I hope not though.

Yep, Halo 2's simple 1-50 where you could rank up and down was always the best. I could never hit 50. But I was always comfortably in the 40s.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So is there no dash and ground pound? That stuff turned me off 5.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Game looks really good and a lot of fun! Doesn't look like it will do much to sway people who already are not fans of the MP, but it looks like good ol' Halo fun. I will miss spartan abilities though. I kind of want 343i to make a non-halo MP arena shooter so they can have modes like Breakout with Spartan abilities and not have Halo fans in a tizzy.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
UI looks clean, gunplay looks nice and the way it shows the kill + the sound is also excellent

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
  • No loot crates or unknown loot boxes. Battle pass system.
    • Battle Pass DOESN'T EXPIRE, and you can purchase old battle passes and unlock the content you missed at ANY TIME.
That`s a freaking revelation. I like unlocking Battle Pass stuff in games but I hardly manage to finish Battle Passes because I just don`t have the time and even if I try, I get frustrated because of the time pressure.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the non-FOMO Battle Pass is only just a consumer friendly move, it's definitely a savy "new f2p game entering the market" move. They realize for sure that people can't do em all.

HOWEVER

I expect this means that the Battle Passes won't have buyback currency built in like Fortnite or Apex.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Looks sooooo good.
I hope MS gives Game Pass Ultimate subscribers an allowance of premium currency every 1-3 months.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
  • Battle Pass DOESN'T EXPIRE, and you can purchase old battle passes and unlock the content you missed at ANY TIME.

Yes!

q41JFw.gif

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
MP is looking great. Battle pass doesn't expire. You have to earn every cosmetic in-game. No loot boxes. Wish this was the standard when it comes to monetization for mp games.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a person who drifts between games, the idea that you "own" the battlepass and can pick and choose WHEN to put progress towards them is pretty much an epiphany compared to how a lot of other games do it... honestly, the lack of something like that is probably the main reason I don't mess with Battlepasses on most games.
I have been saying this for a while. Fortnite being a seriously bad offender of exploiting FOMO. Let me purchase the character packs when I want and if I want to grind them out a year from now let me. Sometimes I dont want to play YOUR game right now.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yep, Halo 2's simple 1-50 where you could rank up and down was always the best. I could never hit 50. But I was always comfortably in the 40s.

1-50 is an atrocious level system because there is nowhere near the granularity needed for good skill matchmaking. It's also way too simple. Theres no way 1-50 will return

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
im kind of hoping the armor hall and what not is kind of a halo version of forzavista

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really good and a lot of fun! Doesn't look like it will do much to sway people who already are not fans of the MP, but it looks like good ol' Halo fun. I will miss spartan abilities though. I kind of want 343i to make a non-halo MP arena shooter so they can have modes like Breakout with Spartan abilities and not have Halo fans in a tizzy.
Breakout was the best thing to come to Halo in a long time, I hope it returns. Loved the aesthetic of those maps!

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Looks phenomenal, the perfect reboot for the franchise in terms of multiplayer.

Free to play! I'm sure it's going to be a hit. Could be back at the top for competitive fps

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy about the Battle Pass news. Wish more games would let you get old Battle Passes and that they wouldn't expire but I guess the hope is that more people will buy all stuff on it immediately or they will panic buy the last few levels.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Breakout was the best thing to come to Halo in a long time, I hope it returns. Loved the aesthetic of those maps!

Yeah, Counter-Strike + Halo + Paintball was kind of something I never knew I wanted but absolutely loved. Very tactical, and imperative to work together with your team. I spend hours and hours with friends in that mode, and often found solo players using their mics like the good old days.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot put into words how impactful the anti-FOMO battle pass system will be to get me to play multiplayer games again.

I imagine Game Pass helps Microsoft be able to create more ethical (than exploitative) gaming experiences that don't have to nickel and dime everyone to justify their existence.

I had all but sworn off multiplayer games because I couldn't keep up with my lifestyle but looks like I might be coming home to the GOAT shooter.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Excellent video! 343 has been getting a lot of flak, but they deeply care about Halo and I think this one year delay will do them well.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I have been saying this for a while. Fortnite being a seriously bad offender of exploiting FOMO. Let me purchase the character packs when I want and if I want to grind them out a year from now let me. Sometimes I dont want to play YOUR game right now.

Exactly. Sometimes I won't play a game for months, that doesn't mean I want to miss out on content and even if I am playing it, I don't like the obligation that I HAVE TO keep playing it or I'm fucked out of getting all the BP stuff. In the end, more often than not, it IS a turn-off from even buying the BP, especially so if I'm not getting it when it launches, it just feels like you're paying money to be put on the clock, unlocking the BP before the end of the season becomes your job... fuck that.

Seriously smart idea, I'd like to buy whoever came up with this idea a beer/coffee.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was fantastic. Now i want to play the series all over again. Free to play and No expiration battle pass is a godsend.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So they confirmed a training mode or something like that? And BF2042 is doing full AI bot support.

Honestly, this kind of shit should be standard. Even if a developer can't make good AI bots, they should at least have a way to drop you in the middle of an empty map where you can try out every weapon and vehicle.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Jesus, this looks good, and FUUUUUN. That camo Spartan is some sexy, sexy stuff, the Gravity Hammer looks MEATY. AS. FUCK. And you can actually take specific chunks out of vehicles now?! The warthog hooning around on just three wheels??? Excited I fucking am!

Oh, and my God everything looks sharp and clean as hell. The graphics took a HUUUUGE step up from last year.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This is dope. As someone who currently purchases a couple battle passes, fuck FOMO tactics

This is a game changer for me. Sometimes I'll go a few months without playing a game but then I am bummed about the content I missed that I can't get otherwise. Really looking forward to this

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Man, it feels like 343 finally got everything pulled together this time. It looks exactly how Halo should look in 2021, and it seems like the new additions can actually allow the Halo sandbox to actually mature in a direction that's simultaneously modern and true to the older games. Cannot wait until the beta, and it's super cool that we're seeing more and more games bring back bot and training modes.

Oct 27, 2017
This. I hope they forego ranked seasons and just do Halo 2/Halo 3 1-50 where you can go up and down.

I'm not a fan of resetting rank. Though it'll probably be reset per season. I hope not though.
I Think it'll have to reset periodically (seasonal/annual?) just because as an f2p game, new players are joining all the time.

Which is fine with me, but I can see a lot of people creating scrub accounts or bombing their ranking matches. Hopefully they have a good solution for dealing with that.