• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bets on Infinite launch time frame

• Spring

Votes: 177 24.9%
  • Summer

Votes: 116 16.3%
  • Fall

Votes: 292 41.0%
  • Halo is dad

Votes: 127 17.8%

• Total voters

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
From Reddit:

EDIT: While not concrete evidence, we also do have all the Halo promo stuff ending this Spring as well as the Infinite art book launching in June.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
Couldn't the animations be complete without the game being ready to go? I do not expect to see this game out in Q1 or Q2 next year.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A mocap actor is not gonna know this and actual motion capture is often finished well before the game actually finishes development and releases.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
If the game was suppose to release with the XSX it must be close to being done. Im sure the entire story/gameplay etc is complete.

All they are likely doing now is polish.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mocap actor: Halo Infinite *Multiplayer* ready for Spring

Fixed :P

Jokes aside, he probably doesn't know exactly.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
If it is Spring it makes sense.

Ready for the "relaunch" - in other words, stock readily available.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't very reliable but spring is what I've been expecting anyways.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
If the game was suppose to release with the XSX it must be close to being done. Im sure the entire story/gameplay etc is complete.

All they are likely doing now is polish.
Content was locked in a bit ago for sure. Engine work and some art passes were always going to be the big focuses to increase IQ

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Perhaps not the best source, but better than some and...yeah, no way this game in some form or fashion doesn't ship before Summer.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also in semi-related Halo stuff. Most of the promos will end in Spring as well (specifically March)

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depending when he did the mo-cap he could have casually asked, so when is the game coming out and someone at 343 said spring in casual conversation, that's easy enough to believe but we don't know when he did his last mo-cap so yeah, whatever.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
after what we saw just a few months ago?

lolno.
They aren't going to be fully reworking the engine, at most I think we can expect slightly better lighting, decals actually being there, midigations to pop-in and actual post processing. Along with maybe an art pass on a few things.

Keep in mind too other MS studios should still be helping push this across the finish line as well.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking autumn personally.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
images

Sep 7, 2020
I've been firmly in the spring/summer camp, late summer at worst.
I would have said spring-summer if the recent director of 343 didn't say that we needed to be patient. I am looking forward to the end of year update but my interpretation of his words mean that it likely won't be within the first 6 months of 2021.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I would have said spring-summer if the recent director of 343 didn't say that we needed to be patient. I am looking forward to the end of year update but my interpretation of his words mean that it likely won't be within the first 6 months of 2021.
Oh maybe I should clarify. I think we are going to get the MP early access by Spring/Summer with the full package coming late next year.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
after what we saw just a few months ago?

lolno.

Isnt it only a beauty pass and bug fixing that they needed to do.
The core game was already finished if they were planning on releasing with the Series X.

6 months could be enough time for a team the size of 343i plus their outsourcing artists to effectively make that footage look "graphically" good.

Unless im mistaken the main complaint with Infinite wasnt that the game didnt play well but that the game didnt look like a nextgen title.
But if the core gameplay was already done a couple layers of postprocessing and some asset reworking could get the game looking nextgen while still playing as well as it did.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But what does the person in charge of the box art think?
No reason to think that this person would have any special insight.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
XSX needs something for Spring if Halo isn't going to be ready. It should be Psychonaughts 2, but that isn't an exclusive...

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
They thought it was ready to launch aside the new console originally too - none of these nonsensical statements mean anything.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Think they'll just push it out as their holiday 2021 title honestly, a full year to work out the kinks and improve the overall game seems plausible.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
XSX needs something for Spring if Halo isn't going to be ready. It should be Psychonaughts 2, but that isn't an exclusive...
Psychonauts 2 I can see being their summer title. Game probably would have been out now but MS wanted them to put the cut content back in a add even more polish (which I won't complain about at all)

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't even ready to show at the game awards, if it's Spring it'll probably be very late Spring, like June.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Psychonauts 2 I can see being their summer title. Game probably would have been out now but MS wanted them to put the cut content back in a add even more polish (which I won't complain about at all)
Summer makes sense. XSX just needs something other than The Medium as an exclusive for the first half of next year. Its one thing to not launch your system with an exclsuive; its a whole other thing to not have anything big lined up for the first nine or so months. I don't think Microsoft can afford to sit things out until next fall.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I'd imagine he means that the work regarding mocap would be wrapped up for spring, not the entire game?

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Summer makes sense. XSX just needs something other than The Medium as an exclusive for the first half of next year. Its one thing to not launch your system with an exclsuive; its a whole other thing to not have anything big lined up for the first nine or so months. I don't think Microsoft can afford to sit things out until next fall.
My thought is due to the delay the Infinite flights are coming back but branded more like "early access" for MP, this + Medium will be the spring titles with Infinite's full launch being Summer or Fall

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I think Microsoft needs a killer app for the Xbox. I think Halo will come soon because it was scheduled to be a launch title. If it's good or not, that's another topic.

Also, if they can patch in Ray Tracing after launch, they can probably patch in anything they want (fur, for example). I think MC Collection was launch very raw and had a lot of issues, so I'll expect a similar launch for Infinite. I think Microsoft needs Halo to be a showcase of the power the XSX can really do, so I wonder less when it is delivered and more if it will deliver.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My overall take would be that zero people on ResetEra.com know how much or how little work is still needed to be done to complete the game so guesses and takes from us are worth far less than a 'AFAIK' from someone who's actually been involved with the production of the game.