• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017

forums.halowaypoint.com

Forum Farewell

<p>Over the years, the ways and places which players engage with each other and with development studios has continued to evolve. Nowadays, there are more platforms and opportunities than ever to participate in communities of all shapes and sizes. For years, these Waypoint forums have served as...

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Aren't we glad they spent time fixing things no one asked for while ignoring things that actually hurt the experience? Only to waste time twice again by undoing it? It's sad. Anyway this is good news regardless, i just wish they didn't have to do it to begin with.

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
Oh wow a whole update to fix something that they broke and add stuff back that they went out of their way to remove, along with other things.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm surprised they're bringing the tank gun back but whatever doesn't bother me. Glad to see the lss changes too

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Good news I guess, even though it's just undoing the unnecessary changes they made.

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
Aren't we glad they spent time fixing things no one asked for while ignoring things that actually hurt the experience? Only to waste time twice again by undoing it? It's sad. Anyway this is good news regardless, i just wish they didn't have to do it to begin with.

It sounds made up but then it actually happened so lmao

The mismanagement with this game man

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, it was a hella stupid decision in the first place. Surprised this patch didn't get thrown into the road map.

As I said in another thread, 343i constantly going "Here's this. Oh wait, it's shit? You guys are right, it's shit. We're looking into it."

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
They unlatched the last latch then?

I kid. This is all good

EDIT: and a Speed line fix! I wonder if they know the sharpening filter option no longer seems to work as intended?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah modifying the single player stuff was just lame. Let people have fun in the single player.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was fixed with the new season?

IIRC the only issue now is lip-syncing and facial expressions.
According to DF, it's still an issue. The issue that was fixed that you're probably thinking of was a bug with the playback of these animations and camera movements, that would be improperly paced, resulting in judder. Now they are supposedly paced properly - however that means they are playing back at a consistent 30 fps, rather than whatever fps the game is running at.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The tank gun thing was a silly thing to try and "fix", so it's good that they're going back on it. Skill jumps I can take or leave, I don't really care about janking onto inconsistent spots but it was a big enough issue for a lot of people so I guess it's good they're back.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
In regards to some of the other common strategies, many of them are far more complicated as they are closely intertwined with the work we've been doing in preparation for co-op, but we'll continue to explore our options.

Seems like some of that rapid map traversal in the campaign is/was causing issues with co-op development. Makes more sense now why they "fixed" those.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Need to fix the challenges. I have 2 right now to complete an oddball match. I played 25 matches the past 2 days and have yet to get oddball. At least let me select to play oddball.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
At this point I've given up on the scroll wheel ever being fixed on PC. I'm gonna use third party software to fix it. Hopefully anti cheat is okay with it.. I'd be happy with them fixing crashes on PC. Maybe 2 years after release I'll be able to install the HD texture pack without the game crashing. No that that fixes the crashes completely anyway, at least since s2 it doesn't, but it helps.

stephrightup

Feb 16, 2019
Congratulations to 343 for managing to stand up after tripping over their shoelaces again. At least the disconnected leg for the new armor core didn't take six months this to fix this time.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Need to fix the challenges. I have 2 right now to complete an oddball match. I played 25 matches the past 2 days and have yet to get oddball. At least let me select to play oddball.

Even in Rumble Pit? I get them fairly often in there. No Ninja Slayer, of course, but plenty of Oddball.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What I like most about this is the fast turnaround time
For everything in S1 from launch it felt like they moved at a snails pace to deliberate changes, and the reality is that led to more frustrations

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Well that's that, then. I know there was a lot of concern that the weapon jamming bug wouldn't be fixed prior to the HCS event, but they fixed it with ample time. They also rolled back a lot of other things the community went nuclear about, so this should (ideally) get a lot of people to take a breather on the 343 lambasting for at least a minute.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to note that there is no date yet for this update and we should find out its timing in the next few days.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
What about the developper vision on how the game should be played I often heard here ?

That usually applies to games that don't come in McDonald's classic apple pie hot with little to no content.

The criticism is that the game was broke as shit for a long time, and the rolled back some things the community enjoyed.

joefro

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Yeah I had this one and it was what made me step back from the game. I played quick play for an hour without getting one game of oddball, so i started quitting when the game started and it wasn't oddball. I know it's not good to do but I was fed up. Then I got banned after quitting a few matches in a row and I was like ok, see y'all when these impossible challenges are gone.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Hmm maybe it's just an issue with my knowledge of the game then lol. I've only been doing quickplay and fiesta. I'll try rumble pit. Thanks!

Fiesta is just slayer with random weapons and equipment.

Quick Play should give you Oddball matches too, but I find that Rumble Pit gives you them more often.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Fiesta is just slayer with random weapons and equipment.

Quick Play should give you Oddball matches too, but I find that Rumble Pit gives you them more often.
Yeah I did a few matches of Fiesta because I had to get a kill with a random weapon. The majority was quickplay and I never saw oddball. I feel like I always saw it in season one but now that it's taking up 2 challenge slots it won't appear.