• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I WANT MOREEEEE LET ME IN WHEN'S THE NEXT FLIGHT

how the fuck did i put 15 hours in this when i barely had any time this weekend and it was mostly against BOTS AAAAAAAAAAAA

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
5idoj5.jpg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Do I get to keep my red pistol?
No, they're resetting everything.

Do we have to re-register again for future flights? Or are we automatically entered again by being "halo insiders"?
No need to re-register, but double check that your Halo Insider registration is still good on Halo Waypoint. There appears to have been a bug or something that shows some people are no longer registered even though they played this weekend.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Do we have to re-register again for future flights? Or are we automatically entered again by being "halo insiders"?

Your registration is active and you could be picked up for a flight again.

I suspect that they will choose smaller groups for most flights, and then do few larger flights with a lot of people.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw a guy Grenade a gravity hammer at its spawn, then use the grapple to catch it out of mid-air and go on the get a double kill with the hammer.

There will be so many sweet plays in this, I don't see how it wouldn't be an amazing e sport.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Really glad I got a few matches in yesterday and today. I'm extremely optimistic now, more so than before. I was a bit rusty yesterday but today, after some control tweaks, it felt incredible.
Is anyone else kind of bummed they got rid of thrusters? They were my favorite addition to Halo
Not as much as I had feared but as someone who loves Halo 5's base gameplay I know what you mean.

They will very likely be a pickup though, which is a fair compromise IMO.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
They are allegedly in, but as an equipment. Like the grapple.

Not as much as I had feared but as someone who loves Halo 5's base gameplay I know what you mean.
They will very likely be a pickup though, which is a fair compromise IMO.

Well that is kind of cool I guess. I wonder how custom games will be set up. Like if you can make everyone start with them, or be able to have thrusters and pick up other equipment. I am excited for Infinite but being able to juke opponents or dash behind cover felt amazing in Halo 5.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that is kind of cool I guess. I wonder how custom games will be set up. Like if you can make everyone start with them, or be able to have thrusters and pick up other equipment. I am excited for Infinite but being able to juke opponents or dash behind cover felt amazing in Halo 5.

I'd hope so.

Because I want to play no cooldown grapple slayer so bad

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately the MCC collection don't give me the same satisfaction when played. I think is the lack of feedback when you make kills that is unapealing to me.

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, Steam revoked access to the Insider build before I had a chance to uninstall it. Now, trying to uninstall on Windows 10 from "Programs and Features" just opens Steam and does nothing. Any suggestions?

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to Uninstall mine from Steam after it was revoked

It should still be in your steam library, may just be hidden based on your filters, but it should still be there for you to uninstall
It's straight up not in my Steam Library anymore. I've checked every filter I can think of. I've checked Hidden Games, it's not there. I've opened up the Storage Manager and there's a blank line that matches the file size of the Insider Build, but checking the box and clicking uninstall does nothing. I'm at my wits end.

G1LwyoC.png

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
It's straight up not in my Steam Library anymore. I've checked every filter I can think of. I've checked Hidden Games, it's not there. I've opened up the Storage Manager and there's a blank line that matches the file size of the Insider Build, but checking the box and clicking uninstall does nothing. I'm at my wits end.

G1LwyoC.png

Well it should still exist in whatever drive you installed it on, within its "steamapps/common/xyz" folder, which should be a simple enough drag to trash

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
The installation folder was named "game_release" something like that. Maybe it has uninstaller in it.
Looking in the install folder for the game named "MGS Test App 6" and I don't see any folder named "game_release" or similar.

EDIT: Found some other folks having the same issue, albeit with an MCC Insider build instead. Unfortunately, no real solution was presented.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Looking in the install folder for the game named "MGS Test App 6" and I don't see any folder named "game_release" or similar.

EDIT: Found some other folks having the same issue, albeit with an MCC Insider build instead. Unfortunately, no real solution was presented.
Ah yes, think thats it. The executable was named "game_release" or something. I got the two confused. I uninstalled it before the license got revoked so I don't know how this could be resolved unfortunately.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
I uninstalled the moment it ended and the day after, was in the middle of a fight in Hunt Showdown and the game minimizes, a Steam window pop up with the info about license revoked....I lost that game. I thought my game had crashed ahahah

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So kinda weird we didnt get a blog post yet with all their findings. They also said we would get a survey. But it has been two weeks now.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So kinda weird we didnt get a blog post yet with all their findings. They also said we would get a survey. But it has been two weeks now.

Survey's went out immediately after the flight, but only to a limited selection of participants. But yeah, I want to see some learnings from the tech test and just some fun numbers. Just how many games did these bots win anyway? 😆