• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Because my experience is overall super-positive I wanted to call out one of my frustrations, although I can't see them fixing it.

Because of the red outline and the subsequent red charge indicating shield health I have a really difficult time reading how harmed the shields actually are. With previous games the gold glow would clearly signpost how hurt the opposing player is which has major implications on your decision making. Here it's hard to tell between a red outline, a slightly glowier red outline, and a really glowy red outline. It's annoying, just because I remember how clear it was with the golden shields and red versus blue.

Oct 28, 2017
I agree. Bazaar just has no flow to it everyone seems to always stay in the middle of the map and kills the enemy as they trickle into the middle. It gets boring real fast. Live fire has the best flow with Recharge close second but I'm not a fan of either map's aesthetics.
I havent gotten a sense of "bases" in either of the three maps. That to me is a core part of Halo. These maps never stop they just keep you going. I wonder if this will change with real people, but given the speed of the game no one wants to stop moving and hold up.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Because my experience is overall super-positive I wanted to call out one of my frustrations, although I can't see them fixing it.

Because of the red outline and the subsequent red charge indicating shield health I have a really difficult time reading how harmed the shields actually are. With previous games the gold glow would clearly signpost how hurt the opposing player is which has major implications on your decision making. Here it's hard to tell between a red outline, a slightly glowier red outline, and a really glowy red outline. It's annoying, just because I remember how clear it was with the golden shields and red versus blue.
I agree. Outline should be red, shield should be yellow

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Enemies shouldn't even have an outline. Outlines on teammates is enough. Regardless the shield should have its golden flare and fuck the hexagons go back to the electric crackle for Spartan shields.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

I agree enemy health visibility is not great. There's a sound effect I think when shields drop and someone is absolute, but it can be unclear "where" someone's health is at because of the outline.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Bazaar seems like it's designed for objective modes, to be fair.
unknown.png

Yeah, under the files on PC, it's marked as "ctf_bazaar" compared to "sgh" for the other two. Definitely the priority for that one.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
It feels great to be somewhat decent at this with bots, but I just know when PvP starts I'll get my ass handed to me.

Thats what I get for never playing PvP multiplayer anymore

Dec 20, 2017
Can't really tell how good a map is before playing with people. I like them all with the bots though. Bazaar needs to be played on territories or ctf/bomb though.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Enemies shouldn't even have an outline. Outlines on teammates is enough. Regardless the shield should have its golden flare and fuck the hexagons go back to the electric crackle for Spartan shields.
343: great suggestion

*makes shield effects a paid cosmetic*
:P

Spartan117-TR

Feb 26, 2019
Slayer on bazaar is weak i agree, there is no flow, everybody keep gathering in the middle. I hope it will have little or zero map rotation frequency for slayer game types.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
So sprint is less than 5% faster than regular speed AND it puts you on the radar? 343 trolling sprint lovers right now haha. Is slide worth it for sprint? I saw some videos of people doing good things with it, but its hard to say if its worth it since it requires sprint.

Honestly weird decision by 343, but possibly the right one?

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Will this be playable tomorrow? Cause I'm from Europe and it's bed time lol, so no new bots neither pvp.

Anyway, it's being amazing the feel of the game so far.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Movement seems really fluid and somehow feels quick but yet the aiming is just molasses. I can't get it down. It's not snappy and quick at all.

Any idea if they are going to up the bots to Spartan?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Movement seems really fluid and somehow feels quick but yet the aiming is just molasses. I can't get it down. It's not snappy and quick at all.

Any idea if they are going to up the bots to Spartan?
Have you tried changing the Deadzones to 0 and acceleration to 5? I did that and it was way better for me, but I know what you mean on the default aiming.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
I don't usually get attached to betas / previews... but it's going to really, really suck not being able to play this after tomorrow.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
6 hours logged and I can fairly easily say this is the best feeling halo since CE. Getting a bit burnt out with winning 50-10 so hopefully the Spartan bots get here soon. I was skeptical of this game and 343 doesn't have the best track record but I am really enjoying it.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Can't wait for the full version so people can rail on it and say Halo is officially dead.
(Kidding. I just think the hype behind previews can generate a level of enthusiasm unmatchable by a finished product). But I hope this is really as fun as people claim and Halo rises again to the top.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Have you tried changing the Deadzones to 0 and acceleration to 5? I did that and it was way better for me, but I know what you mean on the default aiming.

I did. That's the thing and sens is high. Maybe I'm just used to SoT where the aiming and movement is super smooth, quick and not as floaty.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if we're confirmed to be 'in' for any flights going forward if we're in this one?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017

I really hope that this all becomes optional. Give me the option to keep it on for allies or replace it with the service tag and completely off for enemies. Shield colour should also be independent. You can get yellow in the beta, but it changes the radar and outline along with it.

Also, why can bots 1 burst no shield me with the pulse carbine?

Alexalder

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I really hope that this all becomes optional. Give me the option to keep it on for allies or replace it with the service tag and completely off for enemies. Shield colour should also be independent. You can get yellow in the beta, but it changes the radar and outline along with it.

Just give the option for red vs blue in the settings ffs

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento

Because their aim is, well, robotic, but you can get a shield pop with 1 burst as well, its just hard

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Well, just logged out after another session.
Since the flight ends right when my work day ends tomorrow I probably won't be able to play the difficult bots or the 4v4.

But I have to say I really loved this first glimpse, more so than thought. It erased all my fears about the gameplay. It feels great, it sounds right.

There were obvious technical/old build issues, but my biggest fear is about the progression and customisation system. It really seems like, as Game Pass users, we won't even have any benefit and it kinda sucks honestly. Also, Battle Passes seem like a real grind, and I could see that being really annoying after launch.

I'm also worried about the content at launch, which has always been my real worry with the campaign too. So I guess we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that enemy outlines are superfluous when friendlies are already clearly marked
Practically every multiplayer game already does this i dont know why they felt the need to reinvent the wheel for Infinite

I think it's probably due to feeling pressure over the loss of red vs blue making them want to retain it in some way, leading to the outlines for both teams

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I agree that enemy outlines are superfluous when friendlies are already clearly marked
Practically every multiplayer game already does this i dont know why they felt the need to reinvent the wheel for Infinite

I think it's probably due to feeling pressure over the loss of red vs blue making them want to retain it in some way, leading to the outlines for both teams
or its more for accessibility. Not everyone will auto know which is which so giving more options to apply to team and enemies is the safest route then merely hoping it works.

Apr 30, 2019
Just raced a guy to rockets on Bazaar. He was way ahead of me but I grappled it in at the last second and he just turned around and stared at me.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hammer is trash, there I said it.

Only reason its usefull is if you have a grapple and you are playing bots

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else enjoyed some of the new medals?

I just got one called Achilles Spine. "Kill an overshielded enemy by hitting them from behind with melee"

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
The hammer is trash, there I said it.

Only reason its usefull is if you have a grapple and you are playing bots
I can see why some will say this. Its long wind up and lack of 360 AOE make you feel like its bad. Realistically though, it was changed to be a cone aoe in front of the player with damage fall off. Its basically a hammer thats good between the space of close and mid range. Given if you hit right on someone and they go to your right (aka off your screen), you are gonna miss. If you keep them in front of you at say arms length, your gonna kill and damage those behind them given the cone.

I would not say its bad, just different. My only critique is I want its swing to effect the user more so maybe I could grav hammer jump