• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Just played Bazar, I think I love this map

also, it shows off the engine really well -- this map visually looks great, is sharp, and has a ton of dynamic and destructible elements

Dec 13, 2018
Skill ceiling on this game is going to be so high, looking forward to it. Hope attitudes stay positive when it isn't halo infinite steaktaculars and people realize how much bots leave on the table in terms of utilizing the map effectively. One on one is one thing, but there are so many effective ways to move and take position on these maps

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
No. I'm playing on Series X and I'm getting good accuracy and doing lots of damage. I do think the aiming in this and in 5 feel weird on most speed/acceleration configurations, but I've found settings on both games that feel really good to me on controller on console.

I'm finding that 10-10 horizontal/vertical with 0 inner dead zone and 5 acceleration seems to be working well for me. Are you using something similar?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Fair enough, but what I meant to talk about the stuttering that started occuring after the patch dropped; last night it was fine. It's a bit too much for me especially since I'm trying to work out my sensitivity on a Steam Controller and the inconsistent framerate is messing with my aim

Im with you. I tried to play a little more today after the update (specially to try the new map) but it's a little too much. Wonder what they changed.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't understand the daily challenges. How many challenges are within the daily list? They just keep coming but they're not layed out like the weekly ones.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
3869c5f1-cd8b-486c-8cb2-b042dd60c3fc.png

I wonder if this number has any significance?

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
oh god the new sensor that lets you see enemy outlines through walls is a terrible idea. Hopefully the range stays the same... if not gets smaller. Will be so easy to lock down a map, or so frustrating to get a map locked down against you because someone gets wall hacks.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
oh god the new sensor that lets you see enemy outlines through walls is a terrible idea. Hopefully the range stays the same... if not gets smaller. Will be so easy to lock down a map, or so frustrating to get a map locked down against you because someone gets wall hacks.
I actually really like the Threat Detector and think it's going to be huge for objective game types. I do agree that the sphere needs to be the size it is or slightly smaller however you could always have it last for a shorter duration to balance it out.

Apr 30, 2019
I'm finding that 10-10 horizontal/vertical with 0 inner dead zone and 5 acceleration seems to be working well for me. Are you using something similar?

I'm on 5 acceleration and 8 vertical and horizontal sensitivity with a .5 inner dead zone because I'm on a 3 year old xbox one controller. I tend to play at slightly higher sensitivity on controller and haven't experimented with lower configurations. I always play with vertical and horizontal sensitivity the same on Infinite and on Halo 5 though.

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
Same hardware here and everything's fine. Did you tweak the max fps setting?

Same ahah

Set your minimum FPS to 60 or 72

I had my maximum set to 144 and checked that it was the same after the update (since the game has a habit of resetting keybinds). I'll double check the minimum once I get back home, thanks.

Im with you. I tried to play a little more today after the update (specially to try the new map) but it's a little too much. Wonder what they changed.
Yeah I dunno but hopefully after playing with settings, we won't get it again. I need my H,alo fix but I'd rather not look more like a scrub than I normally do because I can't shoot straight lol

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Bazaar is the best-looking map that's for sure. Weird design though for Slayer, might be more suited for CTF.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
This game seriously a map picker. How can I play Bazaar if all I get is Live Fire?

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

343 stated that they expect the Spartan AI to be really difficult to play against, so far ODST bots have been super easy so I am expecting the Spartan bots to be a cakewalk. Will be kind of fun to see if we can demolish them.

I am worried that the Spartan bots will be more accurate and the true power of the AR will become apparent though.

Either way am hoping they up the bot difficulty soon!

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
Like the other 2 maps Bazaar seems very good, although most of the outer parts of the map may go to wasted, in Slayer anyway.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Great map. Intricate with hidden vents. Would be a solid CTF map for sure.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
New map has some pretty nice textures.

b43c3bf9-ebf6-4417-9347-38e81e86a8f5.png

4dd55e9d-a0c4-4b2c-823a-2b252a6e637f.png

ecc7ee59-76d4-4e2e-a652-63452d42f689.png

Don't know how much I like the direct sunlight in HDR tho, it's a bit too bright for my taste and gives a slight milk glass look, I'm more a crystal clear image clarity fan, but maybe they will work on that.

Otherwise, beautiful map.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm on 5 acceleration and 8 vertical and horizontal sensitivity with a .5 inner dead zone because I'm on a 3 year old xbox one controller. I tend to play at slightly higher sensitivity on controller and haven't experimented with lower configurations. I always play with vertical and horizontal sensitivity the same on Infinite and on Halo 5 though.
I might actually use 0.5 dead zone just in case I develop stick drift in the future.

I just realize that on other games, I don't have horizontal and vertical equal to each other, specifically I have vertical being slightly lower than horizontal. I'm gonna start experimenting with a lower vertical and see how that works. I will say though, an acceleration of five is the way to go.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Weird how beating someone down causes them to go FLYING but hitting someone with the gravity gamer just fells them to their knees