• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Just woke up After spending the night pending. Someone please tell me if the pending issue has been resolved before I go and spend another 7 hours trying it.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I don't like how you don't have a summarized team K/D/A etc in the post game screen. I have to go over to "Team Lineup" and click on each member individually.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really loving some of the additions like character outlines and pings, the movement also looks really clean and satisfying.

Can't wait to try it in the future.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Just woke up After spending the night pending. Someone please tell me if the pending issue has been resolved before I go and spend another 7 hours trying it.

My new thing is still saying not authorized to play, like a lot of others are having. And yes, hard powered cycle the console. Just trying every so often to see if the not authorized to play message goes away.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Friend of mine says switching to quality mode on Series X makes a big difference. Didn't notice the toggle! Cqn anyone confirm?

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Plays fantastic. Very pleased.

Not the best perf but it runs almost 60 most of the time on my 2060s and garbo CPU (i5 5600 iirc? Not sure but its not good lol)

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Okay I figured out why grenades feel so clunky to throw sometimes. It takes your movement momentum into account. If you are aiming at a location and moving backwards, your grenade will drop much quicker than if you are moving forward and throwing (more like a standard Halo grenade). Was this always the case in Halo? They always seemed like standardized throws to me.

Also, fun fact there's Razer lighting integration. My mouse glows red when I'm low on shields and such lol

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I noticed that sprinting is just almost not needed. Hopefully the tune it up before final release.
This is intentional.

Okay I figured out why grenades feel so clunky to throw sometimes. It takes your movement momentum into account. If you are aiming at a location and moving backwards, your grenade will drop much quicker than if you are moving forward and throwing (more like a standard Halo grenade). Was this always the case in Halo? They always seemed like standardized throws to me.

Also, fun fact there's Razer lighting integration. My mouse glows red when I'm low on shields and such lol
Could just be the fact there are known issues with throwing grenades

• Various situations can cause stuttering, desync, and other abnormal behavior across all maps and modes:
    • Throwing grenades
    • Sliding
    • Colliding with other players
    • Collision with specific surfaces on certain maps
    • Clambering

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
BTW, I have a question: Does anyone know if 343 will get mad at me if I give my Steam key for this flight to a friend? I'm playing on Xbox, but I also got a steam key. Don't want to get banned from future flights for doing something I'm not supposed to do though!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Halo Infinite reaches the native 4K/120FPS in Series X in its Tech Preview. More data coming soon."

Hmm for some reason it doesnt feel like that

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This is intentional.

Could just be the fact there are known issues with throwing grenades

• Various situations can cause stuttering, desync, and other abnormal behavior across all maps and modes:
    • Throwing grenades
    • Sliding
    • Colliding with other players
    • Collision with specific surfaces on certain maps
    • Clambering

I mean I'm sure there's issues like that, but if you have zero movement, then move forward or back while throwing with a perfect connection it still impacts how the grenade is lobbed. You can test for yourself it's 100% reproducible.

I don't think it's a server/desync issue, just how the physics are calculated.

Addy Edwin

Aug 7, 2018
That is correct.

1 more map, Bazaar is in the flight but hasn't been put in to the matchmaking yet.

Sprinting isn't really that much faster than the base speed so the tradeoff is that shields will recharge since you're not getting the advantage you were in 4/5.
Yeah that's what Ive gathered as well. 343 mustve has a good reason for doing this.

Now about that headshot Pop sound, plez add that back in 343

Sidenote: green team color looks waaaay better than blue. Protip for those who get confused by the team color. It also changes your shield and team radar blip colors

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I noticed that sprinting is just almost not needed. Hopefully the tune it up before final release.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was so pumped for this, sat around refreshing the site for an hour last night before I gave up, and now that I can get in, they sent me the wrong invite? Very cool. Very cool indeed.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
If anyone is having the "Not Authorized to Play this" Error on Xbox try this:
  • Close game
  • Sign out of the account
  • Delete reserved space (My games & apps > Go to Halo Infinite > Manage game > Saved data > Reserved space > Delete)
  • Sign in
  • Open game