• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I've come around on it, I'm really enjoying Infinite. The ar is great, if they can optimize it and not make the slide feel terrible by launch then I'll be a happy dude.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry, I should clarify a lot of people are struggling to get 60 fps even in 1440p, with dips into the 30s. Compared to that I cam getting what I'd call good performance. Not as good as it good be, but I would not call 60+ "bad" performance at all. Hopefully the final product is getting me that 120 fps. I'm not noticing any issues with framepacing at all, and I usually do but idk.

But yeah compared to other people I'm not really experiencing the same issues, so I'm curious as to why.

EDIT: and I really wish I understood what you mean by mouse input being poor. At 1600 DPI I've got it at 4.6 and it feels perfect.
IMO 60 fps is poor performance for rigs like ours in games like these. Not a huge deal though since its the first flight.

Mouse input is poor if you're used to games like CSGO/Valorant. Zooming the sniper scope is the best example in terms of mouse input being bad. There's no Nvidia Reflex, no exclusive fullscreen, so the input lag is extremely high. Obviously low fps contributes a lot to this number but even at 100fps it doesnt feel good.
For example I sit at approx ~8ms input lag in Valorant. Infinite is probably somewhere in the ballpark of ~50ms.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having difficulty getting into a match? I queue up and just get stuck on the black loading screen with the three dots, before getting dumped back to the main menu.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Xbox stays pending in the insider app for a few hours now
Steam version keeps crashing and closing about 3 seconds after the main Halo theme starts(after about a minute or two of just loading dots)
Lame..

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying the gameplay, but man it feels rough on PC so far, especially with the massive amount of input lag. Understandable, being a test and all.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
IMO 60 fps is poor performance for rigs like ours in games like these. Not a huge deal though since its the first flight.

My point is just to contrast with other people. A lot of people are getting bad performance, as in, they can't get 60fps. I'm getting good performance, as in, it is a good experience. I have an excellent rig though, so I should be getting top tier, or excellent performance. I'm not, but yeah. Good for my rig would be overall excellent performance. Good in general is bad for my rig. It totally depends on context here. All I was trying to get at was hmm, weird that some people are getting really bad performance with my same card, and I'm curious why.

As for full screen, uh, well this is a DX12 game. So...yeah it doesn't have exclusive full screen.

I'm not like a super high tier fps player, but man I really can't detect any latency. 50ms? You're insane dude. ANY person could detect 50ms. What the hell? Something is wrong with your specific PC, because uh, no I am not getting anything remotely that high. I can't even play something with 100ms because it makes me sick. So I would absolutely notice 50.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not like a super high tier fps player, but man I really can't detect any latency. 50ms? You're insane dude. ANY person could detect 50ms. What the hell? Something is wrong with your specific PC, because uh, no I am not getting anything remotely that high. I can't even play something with 100ms because it makes me sick. So I would absolutely notice 50.
If you aren't used to games like Valorant then you're not gonna notice the issues with Infinite.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
if your console insider app says "pending," reboot your console. that's a known insider app issue as of late.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Reading a lot of people getting bad performance with 3080s and 3080 Tis and stuff, but I'm definitely not getting bad performance. So here's what I have:

Ryzen 5800X and 3080 Ti FTW3. 32GB DDR4 3600 14 CAS. Running off a SATA SSD. Everything at completely maxed settings at 4K.

I'm getting really solid performance ranging between 65-85 mostly. Feels really good.

So I don't think it's the graphics card. Could it be a RAM thing? CPU thing?
Same here. 5600x and 3080 and my performance is stellar. I'm not getting any of the issues some here are saying is there, and my framerate is also 70-90 on all ultra settings at 1440p. Maybe it's my gsync monitor? It's definitely smooth and responsive and not dipping anywhere at all during gameplay
The build is also months old, they've said this in their blog and/or their tech video. The optimizations they've been making are not in this build, and are not the focus of this test. This isn't a beta

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Interesting that we've just had offhand comments, including from friends of mine, about Xbox One performance. Really wonder what it's actually running at.

Last edited:

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It looks and plays INSANE on Series X:

This is D1 quality and polish right there for me, but they still have months for further improving it.

Halo is BACK!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't used to games like Valorant then you're not gonna notice the issues with Infinite.

You said 50ms dude. ANYONE is going to notice 50.

I didn't say I've never played games like that. I play overwatch, where that absolutely matters. Recently upgraded my screen in part because of how it affected overwatch and destiny because even the smaller latency of my old screen bugged me. I play Destiny 2 on borderless for the convenience of switching to my side monitor, but any time I do competitive play I switch to full screen for the reduced latency and g-sync. I just don't end up dedicating a ton of time to it. I can still notice.

I'm playing with a friend right now who does play competitive shooters more than I do at a significantly higher level. I asked him if he's having any latency issues at all and he said he has no idea what I'm talking about. Feels perfect to him.

There's got to be something wrong with like, I don't know. Server tick rate? I really have no idea why you're having latency issues.

Same here. 5600x and 3080 and my performance is stellar. I'm not getting any of the issues some here are saying is there, and my framerate is also 70-90 on all ultra settings at 1440p. Maybe it's my gsync monitor? It's definitely smooth and responsive and not dipping anywhere at all during gameplay

What's your RAM situation do you know? Speed and CAS latency (that's the 16-16-16-32 looking number, the first one, so 16, or in my case 14), if you don't know.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
So I have the email that says go to Waypoint for details on how to download etc but I don't have any message on Waypoint. Lol

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
So I have the email that says go to Waypoint for details on how to download etc but I don't have any message on Waypoint. Lol

If you're on Xbox, just download the insider app, and apparently your Steam code can be found else where too, just check Sketch's Twitter for the link. The Waypoint emails are irrelevant.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting. So both of us have good sets. I've got better latency, but 16 at 3600 is still good. I'd be curious if people with slower than 3600 for example were having issues.

We both have Ryzen 5000 series too, which is another data point. Curious if people are having bad performance with those two things still.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 15 and exhausted all the challenges. Time for bed!
The armor looks pretty sweet in this game.

6UY8LJ7.png

5jkcyVx.png

7a7NlOE.png

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
This'll get lost in my previous edit so I'll just put it here.

I streamed an hour and a half earlier today if someone wants to look at it and maybe pick out if you're seeing issues here as well that I'm just not noticing (granted it could be the stream itself but everything in my stream looked clean upload-wise, the stream is 1080p60). Granted the game does crash a few times but eh what can you do, it's an early build.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what happened but my console may be effed up from some insider update 🙃🙃🙃.

I'm stuck in a never ending loop of updates

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
No longer pending after a reboot, but "Show in Store" gives me a pop-up saying:

"Search for app in the Store?

You need to install an app for this task.
Would you like to search for one in the Store?"

And "Yes" alternates between doing nothing at all and giving a "That didn't work" error.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I definitely wasn't getting degrading performance over time, but after a shit ton of alt tabbing back and forth I loaded into a game where I was only getting 39 fps, it never, ever would go above that until the final second of the match it hit 40fps. Very strange. But typically with performance degredation like it slowly sloops downwards, but nope, I've had consistently the same 65-85 fps this entire time until this last match.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I also got the audio bug once, I think it's when it put me into a game that was already in progress? Only happened once to me so far.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Unless sprint gets faster way after you start, it's just the same speed as walking.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Performance is not great on PC and there's a bunch of UI decisions I'm SO CONFUSED ABOUT. For example, on the weapon drills you have to right click to make that your selection. You don't hover over stuff, you have to click (but right click, otherwise you go into the thing). Really weird.
Also, the menus don't look clean to me at all at 1080p. Or the UI in general, it almost seems like it has a small visual filter on it to make it look like the inside of a helmet (which looks cool but it's bugging my eyes).

Also had some audio bugs, sound became all crackly out of nowhere and had to restart the game. Also the whole audio prioritization system sometimes goes bananas and mutes audio that is definitely important.

All in all, I'm VERY excited. This will be great to give them feedback and iron out a lot of stuff. The base is there for a great game and I can see myself getting into competitive Halo.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO