• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I think people just didn't expect them to start a technical test when most of the world has gone to bed
They're based on the west coast US, they want to run the technical tests while they're at work. Meaning on their time, not yours.

Edit: like who would run tests for anything when they're asleep lmao

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Welp, I cracked open a cold can of Mt. Dew, and popped in a shitty Totinos pizza. My body is ready for Halo even though I'll be paying for it in a few hours. Let's GO! 💪

Polynaut

Oct 27, 2017
Look obviously that's going to be a factor, but anyone who works across time zones knows that most of the world is asleep when it's afternoon on the west coast.

God bless America
Then wouldn't launching this tech test in the middle of the afternoon make more sense to allow a slower trickle of players in as opposed to opening flood gates?

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
They're based on the west coast US, they want to run the technical tests while they're at work. Meaning on their time, not yours.

Edit: like who would run tests for anything when they're asleep lmao

Yeah because that's what I said isn't it...

Use your brain pal. There are actually times that work for the majority of the audience that also work for the US

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
How could you forget the Doritos smh

The true gamers drink/snack of choice.

iu

iu

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
This is a technical test. Not a beta. Not early access. When they have everything ready, they'll let the participants in. They're not going to run technical tests from home asleep in their bed just so the other half of the globe can play. They're going to run the test when they're at work. Meaning their time zone. When they're ready.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Im surprised they dont have a way to just let xbox users access it via the insider program instead of needing codes

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah because that's what I said isn't it...

Use your brain pal. There are actually times that work for the majority of the audience that also work for the US
And they will run the technical test at times that work for the people running these tests. Obviously, they still have some things to work on behind the scenes.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
I just set up remote desktop on my phone, so I can start the download from work if I don't have time when I wake up tomorrow.

... I don't remember the last time I cared this much about Halo.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we should all chill out. Can't believe the website crashed over people waiting for an invite to fight bots. I get it people are hyped but there's no information on any exact details from devs today.