• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Do Fire Unicorn items obtained in prior games show up as other rewards in other games or is it game specific? Ex. I have the AR skin, does it manifest as something else across other games as well?

FireUni.png

Game specific. The only thing we know for sure currently that is coming from Halo 5 for instance is if you somehow reached SR-152, there's weapon and armor coatings for you.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if you can just chill offline with no enemies just exploring the map testing stuff? Or are you forced into the online matches vs bots.
I believe the Firing Range will be available, but I don't think there's going to be a way to explore the other three maps outside of a 4v4 match.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
HaloWaypoint is better now: :D

Our services aren't available right now

We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.
0jfYCYQAAAADdVWO0mZVdR5uizDBORdkFQlVEMDFFREdFMDIxMwA3OTc0M2UwNi0wMzkyLTQzNzQtODIxYS0yYWY3YzViNjk4ZGY=

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Lol, good luck with the codes later. I can barely access the halowaypoint website anymore already and nothing even happened. 😅

Bakura

Oct 26, 2017

We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.
0jfYCYQAAAADdVWO0mZVdR5uizDBORdkFQlVEMDFFREdFMDIxMwA3OTc0M2UwNi0wMzkyLTQzNzQtODIxYS0yYWY3YzViNjk4ZGY=
whenever that happens I get signed out and I have to delete cache again uggh

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Gave up hope on getting in , i've played a bunch of H5 (i've been onyx slayer the last three seasons) you hate to see it.

My only hope is that my cousin makes it in and i can play off of that

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Have people already recieved the follow-up email detailing how to play and download the Technical Test? I assume we just download this through the Xbox Insider hub when it appears?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.

Have people already recieved the follow-up email detailing how to play and download the Technical Test? I assume we just download this through the Xbox Insider hub when it appears?

No one has received anything yet. Waypoint is struggling right now so your best bet if on PC is watching your email for the steam key, and if on Xbox, watch the Insider hub. The Insider hub has been how all previous flights were downloaded on Xbox.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Is it too late to receive an email at this point? I was in every other flight but haven't received an invite for this one yet sadly :(.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I still have no idea how I got into this. I played a lot of Halo back on the 360 but have barely played any since. Still excited to give it a go, though.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! The website actually says the test is live already, which is odd. Also strange they haven't detailed how this will work, or when it's starting.
it does? weird, I can't see that on my end.

then again, I had to step away for an hour and it logged me out of waypoint with an authentication error anytime I try to get back in, so it could just be me lol

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! The website actually says the test is live already, which is odd. Also strange they haven't detailed how this will work, or when it's starting.
I saw someone on twitter claim they got their code already and Greenskull has a live play session scheduled for right about now so I'm guessing the test is live but notables got their codes early and the rest will be rolled out throughout the day

Personally I have no messages yet on waypoint

Edit: Greenskull apparently doesnt know anything either actually the stream timing was just speculative on his part

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone on twitter claim they got their code already and Greenskull has a live play session scheduled for right about now so I'm guessing the test is live but notables got their codes early and the rest will be rolled out throughout the day
Personally I have no messages yet on waypoint
Greenskull said he doesnt know when it starts. Just a estimate

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how stuff like this happens. Like is there not a way to scale up your website when you get traffic like this so it doesn't completely die? Or is it just unavoidable??

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Maybe it's time to ask Microsoft to up the waypoint servers