• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I see the starting date from the most recent post ("Thursday, July 29: Tech preview is officially live! Go wild, Spartans"), and aside from waiting for a Waypoint message or email, do we have specifics on where we'll be getting the download for the client on console? I'm basically wondering if I'll have a way to start the download remotely from work.

Dec 20, 2017
Not necessarily. Those are times they want all insiders to play in order to get as much data as possible.

Right, they're trying to break things really. They want to know what their servers can handle and what they need to change to make sure launch is actually smooth.

Anyone that rolls in here when they can't connect or login and are actually mad about it is going to get some serious eye rolls lol.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I see the starting date from the most recent post ("Thursday, July 29: Tech preview is officially live! Go wild, Spartans"), and aside from waiting for a Waypoint message or email, do we have specifics on where we'll be getting the download for the client on console? I'm basically wondering if I'll have a way to start the download remotely from work.
I think that information will all be included in the email/waypoint message when they are sent out.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is a gross oversimplification, but I think the biggest causality of hitting 60fps with Halo 5 was losing split screen. With split screen rightly being back with Infinite, maybe the cost is now 30fps

Which I can't get mad about on an almost decade old piece of hardware.

We had confirmation that this was the case for Halo 5.

I only remember this, because when the news about H5 not having splitscreen broke, I was proposing a system that would be 60 FPS in solo and 30 FPS in co-op, but we were then told that the entire resolution scaler + several gamplay/logic systems were build arround 60 FPS and that switching co-op to 30 FPS would break those.

As for Halo Infinite being 30 FPS on Xbox One... I actually have no clue if this is true or not.

Why could that not happen then? Distribute the build now for download, open the servers later. 🤷‍♂️

That is in fact possible, but I think some people are asking about preload, because they want to start it remotely. That would not be possible, if the build is being distributed through the Xbox Insider app.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Not necessarily. Those are times they want all insiders to play in order to get as much data as possible.

""Note that while the tech preview is live, you'll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you're unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times"

It's a strange sentence for me. I take it to mean that we can play with the developers.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
""Note that while the tech preview is live, you'll always have the ability to matchmake! But, if you're unsure of when to play, please join us during the following scheduled play times"

It's a strange sentence for me. I take it to mean that we can play with the developers.
They want to set play-times where they can expect mass participation at once to best stress test their back-end. It's fairly normal for a test environment to define set play test times.

Outside of those times you can of course keep playing, but it's more trying to herd as many people as possible to contribute to those peak testing moments.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Rumors that halo infinite on xbox one is running at 30fps?

Did they say that? The footage yesterday was clearly 30 fps while the Series X footage was at 60 in the same stream.

How can you even tell from stream?

The stream was 1080/60. The x1 build looked 30 to me

With my eyes, I don't know lol. The same exact way I can tell when playing! The Xbox One footage was 100% 30 FPS, and the Xbox Series X footage was 60 FPS, that was plain as day.
As I also noted here , the stream itself was 1080p/60 from start to finish, Infinite MP on Xbox One was @ 30fps while MP on Xbox Series X was @ 60fps.
This is for sure, based on what we've seen.

We just need a final word on this or just wait a couple of hours and directly test the Xbox One version on the wild.

sagi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
I only played halo 1 but will this game also have those huge battlefield maps with vehicles and ships?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Halo waypoint saying there's a very slim chance my invite got lost in the mail

time to cope

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Halo waypoint saying there's a very slim chance my invite got lost in the mail

time to cope

I have never gotten a single email from Waypoint even though I've gotten into a bunch of flights before, so I'm not even coping

I'm convinced that I'll have a code waiting for me in the Waypoint inbox when I wake up tomorrow

If not, I guess I'll just die

Potential start times

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone pin this please

The only source of infomation regarding what time the preview goes live is a Tweet from Brian Jarrard saying "looking like afternoon" which is anywhere from 12:00 PST to 18:00 PST

The waypoint post is from a community manager incorrectly basing his quoted time on the tweet

Earliest potential start time
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM

Latest potential start time
Jul 29, 2021 at 9:00 PM

Emails will take time to send out (12 hour period) check you Halo Waypoint messages for quicker infomation.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/messages

The Technical preview is playable at ANY time so long as it's Live.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I wish we could go back to Halo 1 and 2. I hate loadouts and special items. This just doesn't look fun at all.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone pin this please

The only source of infomation regarding what time the preview goes live is a Tweet from Brian Jarrard saying "looking like afternoon" which is anywhere from 12:00 PST to 18:00 PST

The waypoint post is from a community manager incorrectly basing his quoted time on the tweet

Earliest potential start time
t1627585200z4.png

Latest potential start time
t1627606800z4.png

Emails will take time to send out (12 hour period) check you Halo Waypoint messages for quicker infomation.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/messages

The Technical preview is playable at ANY time so long as it's Live.

Aw yeah, literally between 10pm and 4am for me lmao

How am I supposed to be able to fall asleep tonight

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I got my email at 4:36 am est time to be invited. Not expecting the email with the code to download until then. At that point that's a whole day lost of playing. They need a better system than this if it plays out this way.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I got my email at 4:36 am est time to be invited. Not expecting the email with the code to download until then. At that point that's a whole day lost of playing. They need a better system than this if it plays out this way.

Ever since they changed the MCC Flighting system, I've never received an invite nor the code via email. It was always through Halo Waypoint messages and notifications, so whenever people start to receive their codes, I'd advise checking that instead of your emails.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish we could go back to Halo 1 and 2. I hate loadouts and special items. This just doesn't look fun at all.
There are no loadouts and "special items" function exactly like equipment did in H3 but go off.

In all seriousness, I think they're striking a pretty good balance of old and new. And thankfully we have the MCC as others have said!

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair equipment sucked in Halo 3.

I remember before the game launched, Bungie or some media outlet had a (fluff) piece about the new control scheme/Recon and how they were still hiding what the X button did. Little did I know that it would be used for the lamest equipment ever.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I'm indifferent but also a huge H3 fanboy so there's that haha.

I'd rather have pick up equipment than H4 loadouts or H5's advanced mobility.
I just don't get the criticism - There are no loadouts in Infinite, and equipment has a lineage in classic Halo. Even Halo and Halo 2 had pick ups on the map that provided special abilities.

Just feels like people wanting to hate and troll

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

When it's live they'll send out the second email but also send you a message on Halo Waypoint. Don't wait for the email.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wish there was a way that a giant loud siren would go off when the codes start being sent out so I can stop F5ing (I'm not actually F5ing right now but later today I probably will be).