• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Was it me or did the Xbox One footage at the start of the stream looked to be 30fps whereas the Xbox Series X footage at the end was 60fps?
I believe you are correct. As soon as they showed the Xbox One footage I was like... That's 30fps! Maybe they captured it at that frame rate by mistake (not sure on this one), or maybe they've made a change and prev-gen will run at a lower framerate so that they can bump up graphical settings. Parts of the community were calling for this change when the singleplayer demo was shown and the graphics were slated.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting what I said in the OT, but

That gameplay was underwhelming.

If this came out after Halo 3/Reach I would've been ecstatic but other than graphics and art style (which are head and shoulders above Halo 5) it seems like a substantial step back from Halo 5. Like Halo 5 still seems like a sequel to this game in terms of gameplay.

The sidekick seems like such a stepback from the Halo 5 pistol, and obviously the movement as well.

Then go play Halo 5, the fact is 5 underwhelmed for many and they didn't like the changes. This seems a step back from how aggressive they were with 5.

343officesdkkct.png

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Horizontal UI's are just awful. First thing I'll leave feedback for.

I'm with you on this, I was very disappointed by the UI, which we would keep simple vertical list UI like Halo 3 and Reach. Can't believe they kept that trend from Halo 4.

But, as a F2P game, I guess they want to have more way to show the things to unlock to lurk people into buying credits, which is basic F2P methodology.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Grenade hitmarkers should be off in general, but I'll take competitive for now.

One thing I am not a fan of is the outline and shield colours, hopefully that's adjustable. Shields should be orange. What's the point of removing team colours when someone is covered in red/blue all the time anyways?

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Reposting what I said in the OT, but

That gameplay was underwhelming.

If this came out after Halo 3/Reach I would've been ecstatic but other than graphics and art style (which are head and shoulders above Halo 5) it seems like a substantial step back from Halo 5. Like Halo 5 still seems like a sequel to this game in terms of gameplay.

The sidekick seems like such a stepback from the Halo 5 pistol, and obviously the movement as well.
halo 5 in general, is not viewed as an improvement on core halo. Its a good multiplayer, but generally not seen as a good halo game. They needed to take a step back as going forward in a player-centric direction from a gameplay standpoint, risks doing further harm to the series. Halo isnt about player-centric gameplay.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Why do people care so much about hit markers from grenades? I don't get it.
its more of a "too much info" kind of thing. With markers, nades begin to be used as a scouting tool which causes ridiculous amounts of nade spam. In social its whatever, in comp is kind of ruins the actual skill usage of nades (their ability to counter and such). Markers being off in comp is a good decision.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
no idea why you scrap one of the most satisfying guns in halo, hell to me, in all of pvp gaming.

I'd take that over the BR.

losing most of the extra movement options is whatever to me though, at least in 4v4.
the H5 pistol outclassed basically everything. You could play an entire match without swapping weapons, thus not engaging in the sandbox. IMO they should never introduce that pistol again.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing no pre-loads for this then? Would be nice to just have it ready.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
the H5 pistol outclassed basically everything. You could play an entire match without swapping weapons, thus not engaging in the sandbox. IMO they should never introduce that pistol again.

before the nerf, the br and dmr weren't
outclassed. You could get outplayed with a ar and smg too before the nerf. light rifle and carbine a hang just fine. Halo 5 100% had the best weapon sandbox.

that criticism doesn't make any sense anyways because all halo weapon sandboxes end up a br/dmr fest, unless you're in those casual playlists where you run around looking for a br.

give me one great utility weapon that's satisfying over a bunch of unsatisfying pick ups just because

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Unironically one of my favorite additions ever to the series. Nothing like getting an assassination in MP. That suuuuuucks.
They explained the reason why is as it stands in the current gameplay loop of infinite it did not fit. In Halo 5 you can actually turn it off and most pro players always had it off. Anytime I went for assassinations I was always killed almost immediately. You are too exposed when that animation occurs. I think they are still cool, but I understand their decision. They can still come back. Just not right away.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
a lot battles in Halo are won or lost based on pushing hallways or rooms after grenades. If you know you hit someone, you have the confidence to go in where you otherwise wouldn't.
That's how it should be. Gives the attacking player the necessary information to whether or not make a push.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Explosions like like a mess of particles and a 2D low res fire effect with no oomph to the explosion. It looks like getting killed by one also most often triggers a canned animation rather than ragdoll. If we're going back to more classic Halo, make grenades look good again. Just copy what Halo 3 grenades look and sound like.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
before the nerf, the br and dmr weren't
outclassed. You could get outplayed with a ar and smg too before the nerf. light rifle and carbine a hang just fine. Halo 5 100% had the best weapon sandbox.

that criticism doesn't make any sense anyways because all halo weapon sandboxes end up a br/dmr fest, unless you're in those casual playlists where you run around looking for a br.

give me one great utility weapon that's satisfying over a bunch of unsatisfying pick ups just because
All the Halo 5 weapons were useful and felt fun to use. Until pros complained and then it just became a pistol fest. I think it would have been better if they had a pro balance and a casual balance. I know that's hard to do but I think it would have been better for more casual players.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Its info you shouldnt have as a player
This seems like a nitpick for nitpick's sake. They were in Halo 4 and Halo 5 and it was fine. It encourages players to push if they know their grenade hit, sure, but the expectation is that once you're hit by a grenade, you're rushing away to take cover and heal up anyways. It doesn't change the flow of combat too much.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's how it should be. Gives the attacking player the necessary information to whether or not make a push.
Nah, you shouldn't get to basically have x-ray vision just by lobbing a grenade.

They explained the reason why is as it stands in the current gameplay loop of infinite it did not fit. In Halo 5 you can actually turn it off and most pro players always had it off. Anytime I went for assassinations I was always killed almost immediately. You are too exposed when that animation occurs. I think they are still cool, but I understand their decision. They can still come back. Just not right away.
I don't see how that makes sense considering that's been the usual risk with assassinations ever since Reach. Halo 5 was already pretty much the fastest-paced MP in the series (maybe just a bit slower than 4?), so unless the pace is upped significantly in Infinite to the point where the game plays like COD, I don't see how they still can't fit?

Weird.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The problem with nade hitmarkers is that it greatly oversimplifies that process. You're getting what is essentially free information on another player's position off of a relatively low-risk option. You're not keeping track of what weapons have been picked up and when, you're not communicating with your team in order stay on top of where the enemy team is located, you're not coordinating pushes based on hearing a shield pop through audio cues, you're just seeing the little tick marks around your reticle and pushing based solely on that. Free information is not good in a multiplayer game.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
All the Halo 5 weapons were useful and felt fun to use. Until pros complained and then it just became a pistol fest. I think it would have been better if they had a pro balance and a casual balance. I know that's hard to do but I think it would have been better for more casual players.

I dont think this is true. AFAIK pros just didnt want automatics on maps in HCS. I loved the launch H5 sandbox (aside from maybe OP smg and plasma repeater)

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I personally think the new pistol looks good. The H5 pistol was awesome but didn't fill a niche (or at least a sensible niche for a pistol as it bested most if not all of the precision weapons in the game). This one has a much fire faster rate at the cost of accuracy. But if you fire it more slowly it will probably still be competent mid-range. Which makes it seem like a more versatile starting weapon than the AR, but will probably also require more skill to be consistent with it.

Dec 20, 2017
I mean, Halo 3 is by far the most populated playlist in MCC on all the platforms.

People like to ignore this, for some reason. It's the best overall experience, which isn't to say there haven't been certain improvements to the formula since then. But Infinite's looking to include most of those improvements also. Everyone winning here.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch the footage yet but ironically, reading the reactions about it looking like Halo 3 and that assassinations are gone has me super excited lol

This game is made for me

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I personally think the new pistol looks good. The H5 pistol was awesome but didn't fill a niche (or at least a sensible niche for a pistol as it bested most if not all of the precision weapons in the game). This one has a much fire faster rate at the cost of accuracy. But if you fire it more slowly it will probably still be competent mid-range. Which makes it seem like a more versatile starting weapon than the AR, but will probably also require more skill to be consistent with it.

Literally like the H5 gunfighter pistol. Should make an excellenet secondary to the BR :)

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Question about the time slots. Will I only be able to play at those times? Or will those be specific times when the developers are on too? The language is a bit confusing.