• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
schermafbeelding2021-6hkne.png

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Looks really good. There are some visual/audio things I'm not in love with (grenade explosions look rouuugh) but overall I'm pretty impressed. Map seems solid as well.

Deleted member 99164

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 20, 2021
Not a fan of sprint in Halo generally, but if they've made it so you can shoot immediately out of sprint, I'd love that.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Halo 5 pistol will be added in later seasons or something.

if adding new weapons is a thing they'll be doing.

Jun 10, 2018
FUNKNOWN iXi

Have you noticed ti looks like enemies don't appear on radar unless sprinting or shooting?
Yeah, usually Social matches have full radar enabled. Hopefully this means that Ranked Competitive matches have Radar turned completely off. I also liked that Tom French mentioned that Ranked matches have BR starts. Can't wait for the full game (or flights with Ranked matches).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Having XP boosts and Challenge Swaps feels even more respectful of the player's time. Very nice of 343.

Apr 30, 2019

buddy this is just to show that it runs on base Xbox One, pro clips will be all over YouTube this weekend

You seem like a well balanced fellow.

Ok that was a bit extreme. I didn't know they were going to show off so much gameplay on the stream and was upset that what we saw at first might make up the majority of it. Overall I'm happy with the stream now, but my point still stands. They should have started with better gameplay. The whole chat was commenting on how terrible the guy playing was instead of how good the game looks. It was a mistake, but I was too harsh in my last post.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Is the waypoint website not working for anyone else? Guess so many people are trying to check it rn it's getting overloaded

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Reposting what I said in the OT, but

That gameplay was underwhelming.

If this came out after Halo 3/Reach I would've been ecstatic but other than graphics and art style (which are head and shoulders above Halo 5) it seems like a substantial step back from Halo 5. Like Halo 5 still seems like a sequel to this game in terms of gameplay.

The sidekick seems like such a stepback from the Halo 5 pistol, and obviously the movement as well.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
oh havent we been through this cycle? like every game..by launch it will be nerfed and never used. Pre-alpha - power weapon, early beta - slightly OP, public beta - viable, release - wtf is this
The Halo 4 Needler was a monster, one of the best things about that entire game lol

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
on in social off in ranked
there...now it works in halo infinite
Its more like they dont have time to do everything for release so assassinations didnt make the cut because they are a competitive disadvantage. But why would they be off in ranked? It makes absolutely no fucking sense. They're optional. Youre not forced to do them.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that was a bit extreme. I didn't know they were going to show off so much gameplay on the stream and was upset that what we saw at first might make up the majority of it. Overall I'm happy with the stream now, but my point still stands. They should have started with better gameplay. The whole chat was commenting on how terrible the guy playing was instead of how good the game looks. It was a mistake, but I was too harsh in my last post.

Twitch chat or youtube chat is never good...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So is there no way for us to preload the tech preview for tomorrow?

Kinda weird they didn't tell us the exact time it goes live and when we can start to download the client.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hope there's a 4K upload of the matches on YouTube later. Or 1080p or whatever for Xbox One.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
So is there no way for us to preload the tech preview for tomorrow?

Kinda weird they didn't tell us the exact time it goes live and when we can start to download the client.
they said they were gonna do a blog post when the stream ended but the waypoint website hasn't updated yet and is showing authentication errors for me. I think if anywhere they would say the times it would be that post
-edit-
nvm this is the post, no specific time for thursday or preload tho
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tech-preview-overview

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017

If this came out after Halo 3/Reach I would've been ecstatic but other than graphics and art style (which are head and shoulders above Halo 5) it seems like a substantial step back from Halo 5. Like Halo 5 still seems like a sequel to this game in terms of gameplay.

The sidekick seems like such a stepback from the Halo 5 pistol, and obviously the movement as well.

I mean, sure, but many players felt Halo 5 was a step too far. I think 343 is trying to find a happy medium between new and old.

Jun 10, 2018
Was it me or did the Xbox One footage at the start of the stream looked to be 30fps whereas the Xbox Series X footage at the end was 60fps?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
they said they were gonna do a blog post when the stream ended but the waypoint website hasn't updated yet and is showing authentication errors for me. I think if anywhere they would say the times it would be that post
It was definitely posted prior to the stream because I read the Waypoint article about the timings and all that before the site shit the bed.

Looking forward to the flight and future flights with more recent builds to see the improvement happen in front of my eyes

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017

Then go play Halo 5, the fact is 5 underwhelmed for many and they didn't like the changes. This seems a step back from how aggressive they were with 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Its more like they dont have time to do everything for release so assassinations didnt make the cut because they are a competitive disadvantage. But why would they be off in ranked? It makes absolutely no fucking sense. They're optional. Youre not forced to do them.
the reason they gave for not including them cited gameplay concerns in gettting them to fit within infinite's game balance because while the flourish is fun, serious players tend to turn them off due to their detriment to gameplay
which is why i said what i said
if theyre concerned with how it affects gameplay then make it an option or make a ranked social split either way it doesnt seem like the gameplay problem they make it out to be

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017

no idea why you scrap one of the most satisfying guns in halo, hell to me, in all of pvp gaming.

I'd take that over the BR.

losing most of the extra movement options is whatever to me though, at least in 4v4.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
on in social off in ranked
there...now it works in halo infinite

That's definitely not what I meant but alright lol.

That + it would be interesting if there was a gameplay aspect to it. Ie shield recharge if assassinate animation finishes or you get bonus ammo/nades or something

Ohhh those are interesting ideas! That could possibly overcentralize certain assassinations though hypothetically though.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Bro just let me play!

Looks great so far, I like what I'm seeing. Great weekend for Xbox gaming between this and The Ascent

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The UI for armor is somehow even worse than Halo 5. Why is left to right and a single row?

Just copy/paste the Reach UI FFS

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Was it me or did the Xbox One footage at the start of the stream looked to be 30fps whereas the Xbox Series X footage at the end was 60fps?

Yes, it's definitely 30 FPS. Watching it back to back with the 4v4 SX footage makes it painfully obvious. It's either 30 lock or running unlocked which stays close to 30.

I can't say I'm surprised.

Jan 4, 2018

SOCIAL ARENA (CONDITIONAL)

If we're able to hit our target engagement and testing goals for the Bot Slayer before the flight concludes, we're looking to enable a brief opportunity for some good old fashion 4v4 Social Arena Slayer. If we hit this phase, expect it to land sometime in the final stretch of the flight (i.e. Sunday evening) and expect there to be a few potential hiccups with your experience.

Specifically, we know that in some cases players will end up in a bad state as a session is forming and after a brief delay, will be kicked back to the main menu. As a result, the game itself will start as 4v3 which is certainly a less than desired experience all-around. However, as a technical preview, getting additional scale data around this problem, across a breadth of hardware, can be invaluable to the team as they work to solve this issue. Based on our prior private flights, we can generally expect that on average, a match will start with a full 4v4 approx. 60% of the time while the other 40% involves a 4v3 start with the final player joining-in-progress within a minute.

We'd love to get some additional testing and data to help the team, but we really want to ensure players understand the experience and potential hiccups before jumping in. Tech preview participants should stay tuned to @Halo and the in-game news feed to know if and when Social Arena gets enabled.

www.halowaypoint.com

Tech Preview Overview

<p>Halo Infinite’s very first tech preview is just around the corner. It’s a moment we’ve been building up to for quite some time – and, we’re thrilled that so many of you are excited to dive in and check out what we’ve been hard at work on. Bearing in mind that the upcoming tech preview is […]</p>