• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Can't believe they got rid of the Halo 5 pistol :( AR starts are garbage as a result.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did they remove the sprint preventing your shields from regening? That's pretty lame if that's the case.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Don't think I like the outlines but otherwise very positive.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
God this MP looks like a perfect mix between the elements I liked from Halo 5 and what I liked about the classic Halo games.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
This looks good. One of my biggest fears about Infinite was that the speed of Halo 5 would be gone, but this seems like a perfect blend of classic and modern gameplay. Being able to tap fire the AR to get reliable kills at range, the needler looks lethal, the TTK seems on average faster than other Halos... I am so excited.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they remove the sprint preventing your shields from regening? That's pretty lame if that's the case.
i just saw a moment where the yellow recharge timer bar seemed paused and did not progress again until they stopped sprinting
so unless it was just coincidental timing it looks to me like that has indeed made a return from h5
which is cool

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ that footage looked good. And it helps to see a top player, too.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i just saw a moment where the yellow bar seemed paused and did not progress again until they stopped sprinting
so unless it was just coincidental timing it looks to me like that has made a return from h5

Good if that's the case. Don't want a repeat of Reach and Halo 4 where a dude I'm shooting at bolts without consequence.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the "figuring out how it can work in Halo Infinite" may be a part of that :P
on in social off in ranked
there...now it works in halo infinite
or just make it optional like before?

the reason they gave for not including them cited gameplay concerns in getting them to fit within infinite's game balance because while the flourish is fun, serious players tend to turn them off due to their detriment to gameplay
if theyre concerned with how it affects gameplay then make it an option or make a ranked social split either way it doesnt seem like the gameplay problem they make it out to be

Last edited:

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe they got rid of the Halo 5 pistol :( AR starts are garbage as a result.

Yeah, the sidekick looked pretty fast and spammy as opposed to being about precision and headshots.

I hope BR starts are a thing in social. Seems they are pushing a ranked/ social divide heavily but you can have casual games even with precision weapon starts.