• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite will have a huge player base.... The many platforms, and gamepass.... Also the support post launch. I think it will be akin to the glory days of Halo 3.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IGN forum and site reviews, votes etc don't skew completely casually, hence COD being low, even though it'll probably sell gang busters. I'd imagine Halo Infinite will do really well as well, just not Halo 3 levels of well.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I'm really happy to see 343 getting goodwill. I recently played through MCC and Halo 4 was really fucking good. I liked elements of Halo 5 as well. Fingers crossed for Infinite.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This is a totally unscientific survey, and the concept of comparing "relevence" is pretty silly, but I think it's safe to say that Halo has lost a lot of popularity and much of its influence over the last decade.

That said, there are a lot of things happening for the franchise that are making people more excited than they have been for a while. Launch title, new engine, the return to classic art, the PC release etc.

I think it's safe to say that if this same poll was conducted right after Halo 5 was revealed, that game would not have topped the list.

Things are looking up, but let's not pretend things had not been,comparatively, way down prior.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resetera collective opinion of Halo is so outdated. Lol.

If they pull it off (343i) Halo + Gamepass is going to be massive, much bigger then 4 + 5 imo, in terms of online population.

Also, hope Rod takes note, multiplayer horde varient was a poor showing for Gears 5, SP generates greater hype and goodwill then seeing multiplayer session being repeated over and over. We won't get any SP until September because he's booked MORE multiplayer, like that's what the franchise needs.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this survey has much bearing on reality to be honest, when you consider that Modern Warfare will almost certainly out sell all of the others, even on the Xbox One. Regardless, Halo still has immense residual popularity, it just doesn't necessarily translate into sales. Nostalgia is a big thing with the Halo series, and the poignancy of that nostalgia specifically exists because it was so good before, and has been so poor since.

Oct 17, 2018
I don't think this survey has much bearing on reality to be honest, when you consider that Modern Warfare will almost certainly out sell all of the others, even on the Xbox One. Regardless, Halo still has immense residual popularity, it just doesn't necessarily translate into sales. Nostalgia is a big thing with the Halo series, and the poignancy of that nostalgia specifically exists because it was so good before, and has been so poor since.
Halo will outsell MW on the PC. I'm relatively certain of that.

ZeDorguinh

Banned
Feb 10, 2019
Who cares ablutor ERA say?

They said Switch war DOA.

If era says One thing, will be another. Ppl in this forum live @bubble.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I dont put much stock in an IGN poll. The demographics of IGN must be similar to that of Halo fans, but I dont see young people caring much for Halo

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Who cares ablutor ERA say?

They said Switch war DOA.

If era says One thing, will be another. Ppl in this forum live @bubble.

Many people on era were positive about Halo in the previous thread that is being referred to here. I find it hard to understand how you apply group think to all of era when you yourself, OP and many in this thread are members of era with a different opinion. It's embarrassing tbqh.

Oct 17, 2018
I think halo 5s Multi is the best ever for halo and maybe still the best out there for arena style.
460427552dbf6cc55aa6fc71af274bab.png

Apr 30, 2019
My most anticipated title for 2020. Halo needs a comeback and hopefully I'm not setting myself up for disappointment by thinking this will be it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Part of my hype for Halo Infinite is a brand new engine and a new focus on bringing Halo back. Plus nextgen systems to play Halo on. Really need to see some gameplay footage but a rebirth of one of the most legendary console games series is something to potentially get excited about.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think halo 5s Multi is the best ever for halo and maybe still the best out there for arena style.

I played a few social matches this evening for the first time in months. And it's so great, I can't understand why I stopped.

Probably all that excessive Game Pass value...ugh.

Nov 14, 2017
I get sad when I see that most people just ignore Wolfenstein.
Wolfenstein New Order, Old Blood and 2 are some of my favorite shooters.

Youngblood is looking incredible as well.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I've heard this a lot, atleast that most people think it's the best since Halo 2.

Better art-style, more maps/content, and some other changes which build upon Halo 5 mp will go along way.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
My friends and I all agreed if halo infinite is a return to greatness we all buying the Xbox day one. Will it be that good. Who knows. Already buying PS5 day one but def most excited to see how halo turns out.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, out of most of those, Halo was the only one to really get a trailer at E3. Modern Warfare was a complete no-show, and everything they showed for Borderlands 3 was behind closed doors.

If Borderlands 3 and Modern Warfare would have actually shown something at E3, these results might look a bit different.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Shooter? Sure Halo Infinite would win that, it's expected to be a return to greatness and is tied in with he excitement of a new console. But it would be good to know the list of top ten games people are looking forward to, my guess would be that Cyberpunk 2077 would come out on top with Zelda BOTW2 - but what would be the other games?

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be expected, although maybe that'll change as we learn more about it. Halo may have a larger number of players than before by effect of being on a larger number of platforms simultaneously but it won't match the sales and cultural significance the series once had. Glad Doom Eternal is up there, that game is taking the formula and switching it up just enough that it won't feel like the same old, same old. I wonder how people will feel when we see whatever Guerrilla is up to with the hires they recently acquired from the R6 Siege team.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer about Wolfenstein. I hope it sells okay with the lower price and everything.

I'm somewhat excited for Halo I suppose, but that trailer left me cold--especially as it's supposed to be the intro to the first mission. Nothing about Pelican pilot guy was even mildly interesting or fun, and he's supposed to be a significant supporting character. Plus, the focus on - incredibly rote and dull, going by the 'daddy misses you' stuff from the trailer - personal human drama over Big Ominous Proper Noun space mystery and dramatic sci-fi nonsense is, like, the exact opposite of what I want from Halo. Like, contrast it with this:

Honestly, the intro put me in mind of the more 'personal' moments in Halo 5, which fell flat in the exact same way. It was actually kind of impressive how that game took characters I actually gave a shit about from reading the books when I was a kid and made me completely indifferent to them.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surprising considering the E3 trailer this year for Infinite was kind of whatever and they still haven't shown any gameplay. Last years trailer was hype though.

Well, out of most of those, Halo was the only one to really get a trailer at E3. Modern Warfare was a complete no-show, and everything they showed for Borderlands 3 was behind closed doors.

If Borderlands 3 and Modern Warfare would have actually shown something at E3, these results might look a bit different.

Nah they showed a BL3 trailer at Microsoft's conference.

It was this one: https://youtu.be/xTnYksXt7Xg

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Way to twist what that conversation was. This changes nothing about the fact that Halo's popularity has severely diminished.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in full on Halo hype mode. Been playing MCC a lot lately. Sad to see how shit I've become at halo 2 MP. I was a legend in my youth. Now I'm a washed up old man with elderly reflexes :(