• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I love that I couldn't even log into walmart.com on a different device because even the login page has the impenetrable Press & Hold wall at the moment. I need to just give up for another couple months

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Also side note, all this shit is releasing November 15th ain't no way y'all gonna tell me they didn't push Infinite back to December to get that day one patch right.
Or maybe due to shipping times which depending on where you live may take up to 2 weeks, they want to make sure people actually can get their console prior to the release date of the game itself. Just a thought.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe that I thought the latest that they could possibly get away with and still call it Holiday 2021 was black friday. And then they go and lock it in for 9 days after that.

Earliest we get co-op is therefore ~ March 8th, and I'm sure they'll miss that date too. Oof.

Aug 23, 2018
Sad I missed the preorder for that controller. I can't wait for this game, I'm hopeful that the campaign can capture the feeling I first had playing Combat Evolved.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
it's insane to think so many people still can't get the new consoles a year out. this limited edition is super ugly - it'd be great if the whole thing was just the sky/space texture, but all the stuff below it is real ugly, and the controller does nothing for me. the regular series X is really nice looking IMO

Aug 23, 2018
I can't believe that I thought the latest that they could possibly get away with and still call it Holiday 2021 was black friday. And then they go and lock it in for 9 days after that.

Earliest we get co-op is therefore ~ March 8th, and I'm sure they'll miss that date too. Oof.

I almost took the bait. Then I read that post history. Oof.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I almost took the bait. Then I read that post history. Oof.

Not sure what's bait. I'm pissed off that now we don't get co-op until at least March. Sorry if I seem too negative on Xbox from my post history, I own every iteration of Xbox console (incl both a Series X and an S + gamepass ultimate) and am really looking forward to this game... for co-op.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
So, so weird that Halo Infinite will only launch with a standard edition. No limited nor legendary editions. I had been putting money aside because I figured since Halo Infinite will be the last mainline Halo release in a good while, might as well purchase the premium edition of my favorite franchise ever.

So instead I finally ordered this Master Chief figure I had been eyeing all summer.

6469607_sd.jpg
6469607cv18d.jpg
You can find it here if anyone is interested. I think it's reasonably priced.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
theres no way this game was actually come out last year, right?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bummed out I can't get that Elite Controller as of now. I already have a XSX so I have no interest in the console, but I've been waiting to get an Elite for quite a while and this looked like a good time to job on board.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Pretty bummed out I can't get that Elite Controller as of now. I already have a XSX so I have no interest in the console, but I've been waiting to get an Elite for quite a while and this looked like a good time to job on board.

I just bought another elite controller last week lol. Was going to return if I could get one but not seeming too likely.

billiam

Oct 28, 2017
It's there to counter bots

That's fine I guess. But not really when I used my desktop with xfinity cable internet, ultimately across 3 different browsers, and cleared my browsing data from all time, used regular and incognito tabs,, and then also used my phone browser and app while off my internet on cell 5G. And was unable to get past the press and hold button despite 28 minutes of trying. Eventually I knew it sold out but I wanted to see what was past the button. Never found out.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I don't even like Halo but I love the design of the console, so I pre-ordered. This will be the first Xbox I purchased since the Halo Reach LE 360, which I also loved the look of. I'm excited to jump back in. I'm wondering if all my XBLA games of old will be downloadable and playable?

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't even like Halo but I love the design of the console, so I pre-ordered. This will be the first Xbox I purchased since the Halo Reach LE 360, which I also loved the look of. I'm excited to jump back in. I'm wondering if all my XBLA games of old will be downloadable and playable?
Congrats on getting back in to the ecosystem.

All XBLA games that are back compatible will be there for you to download if you use the same account. Plus if you were using cloud saves your saves will be there.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Not sure what's bait. I'm pissed off that now we don't get co-op until at least March. Sorry if I seem too negative on Xbox from my post history, I own every iteration of Xbox console (incl both a Series X and an S + gamepass ultimate) and am really looking forward to this game... for co-op.
Regardless, your post didn't make much sense. Most schools and other business close down for the winter season, that can also be called holiday 2021 such as Christmas Day. You will have to wait for co-op, it is what it is and if you don't want to play the game this year because it's not included then that is your choice. They could delay the game again if that made you feel better?

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Or maybe due to shipping times which depending on where you live may take up to 2 weeks, they want to make sure people actually can get their console prior to the release date of the game itself. Just a thought.
I don't think so. The game drops 23 days…almost a month after the console ships. You really think that long of a gap is intentional? Nah.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
Hehehe. Hmm.

You know missing November aside it's just amazing how 343 has messed up this franchise, multiple delays, the last for a SP never seen, late MP test, f2p. 6 years nearly 7 when it comes out after Halo 5.

I just dont get it. Just replace them, let them go to Zynga with Mattrick.

I'm sure some of the staff like the series but after various titles it's clear this just won't work. It happens in every industry. Sometimes no matter how hard, or not, you try things sometimes just dont work.

And cross gen all the way to the end.

Halo CE anniversary and Halo 2 remake were ok. That's the best thing 343 can do, aesthetic changes and graphics updates.

Everything else has been destroying the franchises identity, ignoring fans, dev incompetence, or just dishonest ads like seen for Halo 5. All for a 3 minute cutscene despite barely playing as chief.

It's time to sunset this airplane for the last time. Cut the legs off the kangaroo so to speak. A new Halo team must be formed.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Hehehe. Hmm.

You know missing November aside it's just amazing how 343 has messed up this franchise, multiple delays, the last for a SP never seen, late MP test, f2p. 6 years nearly 7 when it comes out after Halo 5.

I'm sure some of the staff like the series but after various titles it's clear this just won't work. It happens in every industry. Sometimes no matter how hard, or not, you try things sometimes just dont work.

Halo CE anniversary and Halo 2 remake were ok. That's the best thing 343 can do, aesthetic changes and graphics updates.

Everything else has been destroying the franchises identity, ignoring fans, dev incompetence, or just dishonest ads like seen for Halo 5. All for a 3 minute cutscene despite barely playing as chief.

It's time to sunset this airplane for the last time. Cut the legs off the kangaroo so to speak. A new Halo team must be formed.
uhhh lol

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hehehe. Hmm.

Did you touch the multiplayer flight at all? That's the most fun I had with Halo since Halo 3

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Hehehe. Hmm.

Swing and a miss

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Hehehe. Hmm.

Is someone testing a new AI bot

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hehehe. Hmm.

Revisionist history nonsense.
you-tried-xl-puffy-sticker-adamjk-11917668057149.jpg

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
You haven't played it

You might want to do something about your lack of accepting other people's opinions, especially regarding 343 and the title we are discussing.

Just because I dont use a somewhat decent MP (imo) to excuse for a lot of the problems surrounding the game and it's release, or the studios history, doesn't mean "I didn't play it", the problem is you need to "get over" someone not sharing your view.

I've already put out my belief, if you disagree fine but let's not make crap up because you dont want to accept the viewpoint.

Not only have I played it, I also never said everything they've(343) done is franchise destroying, another twist on the truth. In fact two exceptions were directly mentioned in the post.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Something about Halo threads on this site manage to bring out the most over the top reactions.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
I said this in another thread, but if the game really isn't ready, I wish they would delay it again. I'm not sure if they even need it in December to move consoles because the consoles may still be selling out, for all we know. Just give it the treatment the Halo franchise deserves. In the meantime, there's plenty of other stuff to play with gamepass.

After the delays it has already had, if they were to delay more then the question would be if a delay can even fix the real problem. If the real problem hasn't been solved after multiple delays already, would another matter?

I mean it's already been quite some time.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You might want to do something about your lack of accepting other people's opinions, especially regarding 343 and the title we are discussing.

Just because I dont use a somewhat decent MP (imo) to excuse for a lot of the problems surrounding the game and it's release, or the studios history, doesn't mean "I didn't play it", the problem is you need to "get over" someone not sharing your view.

I've already put out my belief, if you disagree fine but let's not make crap up because you dont want to accept the viewpoint.

Not only have I played it, I also never said everything they've(343) done is franchise destroying, another twist on the truth. In fact two exceptions were directly mentioned in the post.
Lmao. You come in with a hot take, spouting a lot of stuff that's kind of ridiculous and say you didn't say things you said and then try and hide with "just accept my opinion". Like you started your post with Hehehe. Hmm.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Hehehe. Hmm.

Ignoring all the other nonsense you wrote... How is the multiplayer being F2P messing up the franchise? If anything it's going to breathe new life into the franchise and bring in a bunch of new players.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
Lmao. You come in with a hot take, spouting a lot of stuff that's kind of ridiculous and say you didn't say things you said and then try and hide with "just accept my opinion". Like you started your post with Hehehe. Hmm.

No proof.

Yes, I gave an opinion. Too bad you dont like it. I'd discuss it with you but you're clearly not interested in discourse so what's the point of this?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a trip. It's part people desperately trying to preorder a special edition console and part people angrily posting about the lack of campaign footage at Gamescom.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'm hyped. If it's good - great! And my guess is it will be good. But I mean, I ain't gonna worry about it. If it's good play it, if it isn't - play something else.