• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I know it says bundle but I don't see a mention anywhere that the game is included. Wanted to see if there is a confirmation if the fame is included in the LE bundle and also is there a chance it is a physical copy?

Yes but digital copy by the sounds of it.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone know other retails who have the controller? I want it sort of but it's also annoying that it's still the 2nd series lacking a share button.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna show me a Season 1 Intro cinematic but not the goddamn game?

Glad I missed this gamescom thing today, would've kicked something.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Nice looking console! Would take the controller to go with my beefy pc if sold separately though

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do the Elite Series 2 controllers still have reliability issues? Controller looks great but I'm kind of wary about it.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
It's embarrassing how afraid they are to show the campaign. Controller looks nice though.
And yet, they submitted a reel of it to the judges panel, who named it best Xbox game above Elden Ring and Far Cry. So it can't be awful. There had to be a reason to vote for it.

I'm hopeful that we're gonna turn on, like, Thursday Night Football kickoff game of the season and there'll be a 90-second commercial debut or something. But they probably feel like the buzz off the test flight, coupled with the fact that they'll have a few million players day one minimum anyway thanks to XGP and free-to-play MP, was good enough that they can keep polishing and polishing.

The game's going to live or die by word of mouth, since the vast majority of people will be playing for "free" on GP or free-to-play anyway. They can show as much or as little as they want, but the proof will be in the pudding come Dec. 8 (if the servers hold up).

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
And yet, they submitted a reel of it to the judges panel, who named it best Xbox game above Elden Ring and Far Cry. So it can't be awful. There had to be a reason to vote for it.

I'm hopeful that we're gonna turn on, like, Thursday Night Football kickoff game of the season and there'll be a 90-second commercial debut or something. But they probably feel like the buzz off the test flight, coupled with the fact that they'll have a few million players day one minimum anyway thanks to XGP and free-to-play MP, was good enough that they can keep polishing and polishing.

The game's going to live or die by word of mouth, since the vast majority of people will be playing for "free" on GP or free-to-play anyway. They can show as much or as little as they want, but the proof will be in the pudding come Dec. 8 (if the servers hold up).
Do we know this is true? That it was the campaign? This is so encouraging

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018

On what basis did the judges vote? Like graphics, game design or overall package.?

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Do we know this is true? That it was the campaign? This is so encouraging

You need to submit footage for the judges to review in order to be considered. Here's an excerpt from the awards rules:

7.3 Approximately ten minutes of gameplay footage must be submitted to the award committee within the deadline which can be retrieved and downloaded until the end of gamescom. The gameplay video must include real gameplay sequences (core game mechanics), sequences rendered in the graphics engine used and showing typical game-based camera perspective(s), as well as game-related soundscapes. The gameplay video may include an audio commentary (preferably in English) and may indicate technical achievements, gameplay and other innovations and community aspects.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I tend to not understand special editions, but these go beyond just being a different color. If I needed an XSX controller I might've gone for a Forzhalo one. But I got a DualSense instead, because it has gyrotriggertactile and a stupid crappy speaker. Seems cooler to me than the outside looking like that guy Halo or produced punk. Hopefully DS PC support will continue improving and growing.

I hope Microsoft for some reason make a Jet Set Radio controller at some point. These designs seem good enough efforts to where I might buy such a thing even if I don't technically need it.

I forget what they showed of the game. Nothing? Was just a cutscene wasn't it?
When she put her hand in that Spartan's it looked like a baby doll's and was somewhat disconcerting.

Can they see ok? Do they have a good field of vision? Because I'd be worried they'd accidentally sit on me and crush my legs because they didn't see me there. Or step on my feet and crush my feet. I wouldn't want to be walking anywhere near those guys. Seems fraught as fuck.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy I'll get to enjoy this during my Christmas holidays. Kinda bummed there's no Collectors/Legendary edition though, would have spent good money for that.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I mean, it could be. But I think for awards consideration they would want to show the whole package, no? Even if it was MP only, the fact it beat Elden Ring based on MP footage alone is kinda nuts. This is footage not shown to the public so they're probably less worried about someone freeze framing the next craig meme from it.

I would be completely shocked if they only sent in MP footage.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Console top is beautiful but the bottom is super ugly.

I like the controller, though I wish the elite was in that black; would genuinely consider picking one up if it was.

But realistically, I should just wait for a series 3 at this point. My original elite is really showing its age, but I want more than what the series 2 is offering.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they specifically state they wouldn't be showing campaign until closer to release? Why are people surprised about no footage at gamescom?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, so true! First Halo game with no Heroic or Legendary edition….

Obviously we are shifting away from physical in a big way but that is interesting.
It seems like the Series X and Elite controller might be the big things for the game which is bit unfortunate especially for those who aren't looking at buying a new console or $200 controller.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it could be. But I think for awards consideration they would want to show the whole package, no? Even if it was MP only, the fact it beat Elden Ring based on MP footage alone is kinda nuts. This is footage not shown to the public so they're probably less worried about someone freeze framing the next craig meme from it.

I would be completely shocked if they only sent in MP footage.
I'd be more shocked if they didn't only show MP footage given the campaign is still under wraps lol

I think if they were ready to show the campaign and had good footage of it, they would show it.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Best Buy gone or is it really coming soon

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I'd be more shocked if they didn't only show MP footage given the campaign is still under wraps lol

I think if they were ready to show the campaign and had good footage of it, they would show it.
Who knows. I just have trouble believing it won over Elden Ring based on MP footage alone, since the submitted footage is what they have to judge it on. Maybe my Elden Ring expectations are too high (or my Halo ones too low).

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Who knows. I just have trouble believing it won over Elden Ring based on MP footage alone, since the submitted footage is what they have to judge it on. Maybe my Elden Ring expectations are too high (or my Halo ones too low).
Could be the exclusive bump. We've seen exactly this kind of weirdness in other awards shows before.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Slick hardware. I dig the colors and design. Surprised not more easy to sell controllers? Halo 5 had Locke and Master.
They're already adding a new limited edition controller a week before the Halo Infinite Elite comes out with the Forza Horizon 5 controller. At some point, there's too many limited edition controllers available lol