• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Everything sounds amazing, especially ninja slayer. I've had ample training with swords and grapples. Y'all gon die.

Jan 6, 2022
Wow, that is a lot more modes than I expected. Glad they confirmed more permanent and rotational playlists. I have no clue why ranked FFA is still not coming into the game, it's the Lone Wolves season for God's sake.

Also hope LSS is playable with a fireteam

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ninja Slayer – You've got infinite ammo Energy Swords and Grappleshot loadouts, with only Grappleshots and Power Equipment on-map. What ya do in this mode is swing around and hit people with swords.

YESSSSSSS
Awesome. People have been asking for something like this since the beta. Grappleshot is just too fun to have to be carefully rationed all the time

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Awesome. People have been asking for something like this since the beta. Grappleshot is just too fun to have to be carefully rationed all the time
I wouldve played it in customs but you cant select startjng equipment or charge amounts strangely even though you can in training

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Can't wait for LSS, and the fun modes. I'll have to see how the other modes play. But I'm impressed with the new stuff they're coming up with!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's Fracture Entrenched.

unknown.png

They previously confirmed that it's coming and that it'll be available in Custom Games.

You can get the achievement in Custom? Fuck Yeah. That saves me a lot of trouble lol.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did I see a Helghast?

KotH sounds interesting. It was pretty obvious that regular old KotH wouldn't work, not on the old maps at least, so I'm curious how it plays out.

Edit:
This was the stuff I *liked* about KotH. -_-

But with the map design in Infinite it just wouldn't be fun. Halo 2 and Halo 3 maps had plenty of places where they could place the hill and have it be a hard spot to defend. Even the in the closed off spaces, like on Lockout with Hill points at bottom snipe or in library, you weren't in a power position holding it. Whereas on Infinite maps there are very few spots like that.

Try and imagine classic KotH on Recharge. The only places they could a difficult to hold Hill would be at Batteries, bottom mid, Attic ledge and the Whirlpool area between A&B. And those Hills might all be the same one as they are so close together. Every other place would be so easy to defend that you need to do something to make sure teams just can't rake up full minutes without breaking a sweat.

Last edited:

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Infinite's multiplayer is free to play right?

I might jump back in, but I don't want to have to buy the game or sub to Gamepass just to play it (already completed the campaign, but canceled my subscription after).

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Damn. KoH and Land Grab look awesome and I'm pumped to play those modes. Hope they'll be integrated into quick play.

Shame that Last Spartan Standing will probably not work with parties. Looks like I'm gonna ignore that, because Halo is my social game.

Oct 30, 2017
As one of the few who enjoys to kick back and play Fiesta, I'm really hyped for the fun modes.

Return to Sender is my favorite medal to earn in the game so Rocket Repulsors sounds amazing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Infinite's multiplayer is free to play right?

I might jump back in, but I don't want to have to buy the game or sub to Gamepass just to play it (already completed the campaign, but canceled my subscription after).
ya its free. Neither the campaign nor gamepass is required. You only pay for the BP if you want it
Additionally, the Battle Pass is cosmetics only, so you'll never miss out on anything gameplay-wise if you choose to not purchase it. The game will also have a ton of events where you can earn free bonus cosmetics. Also, the $0 tier of the Battle Pass which you'll automatically be opted into will feature cosmetics too lol.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they break down the thought processing for these modes and how the final iteration we'll see came to be.

King of the Hill's changes sound interesting and well thought out. Looking forward to trying everything listed; season 2 is going to be fun.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KOTH changes have me worried, their changes to legacy modes so far have been for the worse.
I'm keeping an open mind. I respect their thought processing for looking at classic modes and carefully making adjustments based on age old feedback.

Maybe at some point they'll throw KOTH Classic in rotation if this doesn't work out.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
New game mode tweaks have been improvements especially for HCS viewing.

There's always koth classic as an option

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Fun modes added

Ninja Slayer – You've got infinite ammo Energy Swords and Grappleshot loadouts, with only Grappleshots and Power Equipment on-map. What ya do in this mode is swing around and hit people with swords.
Vampireball – This is something I was inspired to try after a long-winded post I made about Oddball on Reddit drummed up some interesting discussion. In this Oddball mode, the Skull carrier is no longer nerfed—instead, the Skull is a one hit kill and has 50% Shield Vampirism (which, if you score a kill with the Skull at full shields, say, bleeds into an Overshield).
Rocket Repulsors – Infinite ammo Rocket Launchers and Repulsor loadouts, with only Repulsors and Power Equipment on-map. This might be a good time to remind everyone that you can deflect things like Rockets with the Repulsor equipment… or super-jump yourself upward to avoid an explosion…
These sound amazing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vampireball sounds so much better than the current Oddball.

Everybody is gonna try to hold that shit now.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I like the idea of the Oddball user being more powerful and more of a threat in free-for-all. In you queue up with friends and go tryhard mode, it's extremely easy to protect an Oddball carrier and to tuck into an easily defensible position on each map. If it's in a team-based mode, a good team will never lose the Oddball if the holder becomes the most dangerous member of the squad. In FFA, though, I love it. Make it so the Oddball carrier is a force of nature that is scary to approach.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They keep adding zone control styled modes and never the kind I want.

Bring a tug of war game type into Infinite. Zones A through E. That could be epic on a big team map.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Desperately needed. S2 can't come soon enough.

Now add more of the classic modes and give us some QoL updates.

So where's the Elimination mode? I just want the damn achievement that has been sitting there since launch.
I would imagine playing Last Spartan Standing triggers it. the trailer had Jeff saying "Elimination" at the beginning of the match.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine playing Last Spartan Standing triggers it. the trailer had Jeff saying "Elimination" at the beginning of the match.

Reviving 3 allies would be kinda hard in a FFA mode.

Joking aside, I've answered the question in a later post.

Elimination mode is coming and you'll be able to earn the achievement even in Custom Games. Maybe even with Bots.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Last Spartan Standing sounds fire but

YESSSSSSS

THIS is the hot shit I'm excited for! The most fun loadout we can get from Fiesta. Overall Season 2 is looking good for playlists, just need them all in at the same time.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Fun modes added

Vampireball – This is something I was inspired to try after a long-winded post I made about Oddball on Reddit drummed up some interesting discussion. In this Oddball mode, the Skull carrier is no longer nerfed—instead, the Skull is a one hit kill and has 50% Shield Vampirism (which, if you score a kill with the Skull at full shields, say, bleeds into an Overshield).
Rocket Repulsors – Infinite ammo Rocket Launchers and Repulsor loadouts, with only Repulsors and Power Equipment on-map. This might be a good time to remind everyone that you can deflect things like Rockets with the Repulsor equipment… or super-jump yourself upward to avoid an explosion…
Holy crap these sound AMAZING

Ratadad

Nov 22, 2021
Bounced off of Halo a few months ago, but Last Spartan Standing sounds pretty fun. Definitely willing to check that out.