• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Now that some of Sony's games are not truly next gen but also releasing in PS4, i see no big deal in releasing the multiplayer. I mean who cares it's no longer your flagship, Elder Scrolls is now your flagship.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I always find it interesting to see what games are placed on the back of console boxes. It's hard to find scans of console boxes throughout the years, but I'd love to see if there is a place with a collection of them.

The Gamecube launch box had stuff like Kameo and Donkey Kong Racing on it

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Guess the cardboard was already printed - would have been a shame to waste it.

🤷‍♂️

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's astonishing that the new Xboxes aren't launching with a major first-party title. You'd think that would be an absolute minimum.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were pictures of Donkey Kong Racing or whatever it was going to be called on the back of my GameCube box when I was a kid. At least infinite is eventually coming.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wonder if MS knew how poor the game would look to the world, doesn't seem like it

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, i wish 343 were more vocal, they went back to radio silence despite saying they wouldnt. Hopefully they start talking about the game early next year again and give us an idea of when we can expect it? My guess is still next fall, probably september

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
As disappointing as missing launch is, I'm glad they delayed rather than shoving it out for launch. The game looked like it would play fun just needs the visuals up to par.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Hopefully the box will have ray-tracing enabled next year.

i really wanted Halo mp this year :'(

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks good and doesn't specifically say Halo Infinite, rather it's a branding example merely associating Halo with Xbox, which will of course entually be coming.

That said, I do think a slick looking Game Pass montage, with a short description, plus tiles/panels of some of the best or most prominent available Game Pass titles, may have been more effective. Especially for a launch system where any extra value could be highly sought after.

Gospel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Takes me back to the days when console boxes showed pictures or current and upcoming games on the back of the box

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
So what's the problem? I think it looks fantastic.

another place for dogpiling and trolling?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Now that some of Sony's games are not truly next gen but also releasing in PS4, i see no big deal in releasing the multiplayer. I mean who cares it's no longer your flagship, Elder Scrolls is now your flagship.

What do any of those things have to do with each other lol

ES6 isn't launching until like 2024

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Not really. Consoles have had images of upcoming games on their boxes for decades now.
Key part of that being games. If you think this art was chosen as a tease of what's to come instead of the intended blockbuster launch title (and how it's the brand's mascot), I don't know what to tell you.

It's funny because this stuff obviously gets locked in well in advance, the high profile delay and because well, there's really nothing else that could fill this space. It's okay to not take this too seriously.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Key part of that being games. If you think this art was chosen as a tease of what's to come instead of the intended blockbuster launch title (and how it's the brand's mascot), I don't know what to tell you.

It's funny because this stuff obviously gets locked in well in advance, the high profile delay and because well, there's really nothing else that could fill this space. It's okay to not take this too seriously.
Theres examples of games on the back of the box never being released. My memory might be playing tricks on me but I think Project Hammer was shown on the back of the Wii box.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Isn't that just Master Chief? The "mascot" of Xbox, though? Besides, with BC, it's not like there isn't any Halo on the Xbox Series X lol

These boxes are always made ages ago, anyway. I think I remember my PS3 box having some games that weren't available on launch on the back too!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

EingPefXYAE3BTc

Anyone good with photoshop? Master Chief missed the fucking ride to the airport, we need a replacement image.

doomguy-and-isabelle.jpg

12194eb741586e5db365713d8f282631a51915b2r1-1920-1080v2_uhq.jpg

todd_howard_143.jpg

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Woah
Ok
That's a choice
I did not come in here expecting it to be the entire back of the box

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's very striking.

You can really tell they were putting all their eggs into Halo Infinite with that much space dedicated to it on the back.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Damn....

Edit:Still sold all launch consoles at least. People still believe in Phil.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I mean, Xbox is basically just a Halo machine and always has been the Halo machine, so it makes sense. When I think of Xbox, I think of Halo and nothing else.