• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I like the Needler Nerf gun, but if I get it it'll just sit around after I'm done shooting foam darts at family lol

If Halo Infinite launches in October that'd be pretty nice. I figure it'll launch alongside the SX/Lockhart and having consoles launch earlier than November sounds pretty good to me ^.^

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Potential sneak peek as to what these two OG guns look like in Infinite perhaps?

On second thought, I doubt it. AR looks a bit too much like the Reach one, and I can't imagine them reusing such a design for something as rebooty in its art direction as Infinite.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
As in-game skins too? Ugh ... ew. Gun skin microtransactions were a mistake.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Potential sneak peek as to what these two OG guns look like in Infinite perhaps?

On second thought, I doubt it. AR looks a bit too much like the Reach one, and I can't imagine them reusing such a design for something as rebooty in its art direction as Infinite.
Seems like the AR is going to be a new variant and not the traditional MA5D AR and the MA37 (Reach) that we've used in previous games.

First is the Halo MA40 Blaster, inspired by the weapon in the upcoming Halo Infinite.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is this like Gears 5 then where everyone picks the Terminator or Sarah Conor totally destroying the immersion of the game?
I'd wish there would be options to turn this off. But I know that will never happen because people need to show of their ugly fancy skins.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this like Gears 5 then where everyone picks the Terminator or Sarah Conor totally destroying the immersion of the game?
I'd wish there would be options to turn this off. But I know that will never happen because people need to show of their ugly fancy skins.

If you can survive the pizza skin, you can survive the nerf guns.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket is going back to the og design btw

3636370-untitled-4.jpg

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Lol. Im down I guess, but im tilted they announced this before even showing gameplay. Guess merch announcements dont follow the same schedule as the games.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Following in the footsteps of Fortnite and Overwatch? Well, I guess if you're going to chase trends there aren't many more successful games than those to follow.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. :/

Watch the Infinite enemy units/factions leak via toys like Halo 4.

Why? Are you seeing this as the start of marketing?

Could be. Halo 4 started doing stuff in March of it's release year (if not earlier, but this is as early as I remember):

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Following in the footsteps of Fortnite and Overwatch? Well, I guess if you're going to chase trends there aren't many more successful games than those to follow.

Fortnite and overwatch didn't invent or start weapon skins. Halo 4 had them. This isn't also the first time there's been a crossover marketing deal with Halo.
You're trolling with this.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The VERY start of it but I expect we'll see the game April or May

Just strikes me as very weird.

Could be. Halo 4 started doing stuff in March of it's release year (if not earlier, but this is as early as I remember):

Apparently that dropped arround GDC and GDC 2020 is in about a month. 343i has a presence at 6 panels, but only 3-4 seem kinda relevant.

MP gonna be riddled with ugly ass skins again, cool

Client side toggle, please.

Oct 27, 2017
AR looks pretty good.

Glad they went with nerf if they want to be semi decent in use. I have a Halo pistol (boomco?) that is pretty trash as far as function. Painted up and it was passable for cosplay

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Fortnite and overwatch didn't invent or start weapon skins. Halo 4 had them. This isn't also the first time there's been a crossover marketing deal with Halo.
You're trolling with this.

Nobody said they did invent them. We are talking specifically about Nerf blasters, you know, the thing that's in the title of the thread? Assuming you read it.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Not at all unexpected, and completely harmless.

Hoping they drop the REQ packs system in favour of a Battlepass however.

FishHookFPC

Feb 17, 2020
Does an October release date for these make you wonder about the Series X and Infinite maybe coming in October rather than the Nov/Dec we're all kinda expecting?

It seems kinda weird to put out a product with a digital code for a game that you can't use right away, but that could just be me.

EDIT: Good job on me not closely reading the OP who literally speculates this

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Could this be the end of the Halo Infinite info drought. Surely questions will be answered about in game skins.