• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
My point was simply that all DLC etc. should be free.
Don't know how that is controversial. Why shouldn't it be included in Gamepass. That's the whole point of Gamepass to me. If I have to buy DLC etc. for each title it gets expensive fast. Just my opinion though. If everyone is fine with this, then it's okay.
I think there's an argument to be made for non-cosmetic/booster MTX DLC in XGS titles on Game Pass - paid expansions and premium entitlements like early access here I feel fit Game Pass Ultimate. I can't imagine Microsoft working out third party additions to Game Pass with complete DLC all the time though (it's shocking when a Final Fantasy XV is added to Game Pass with paid expansions).

That said, yes, I want everything included in Game Pass too.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just noticed this might come with dlc, what type of dlc? For sp or MP?

If they throw in a battle pass as well, this might actually be worth it

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Amazing. Presumably like the FH5 one where you can upgrade your Game Pass/standard version to some kind of Digital Deluxe version that includes early access.

Gimme.
Most anticipated game for this year, would be all over that.

Did it with Horizon but that had a huge amount of trust following their last several dlc releases.

I'd defo spring for the first halo season pass but wonder what else would be in the add on.

Mar 19, 2021
Not sure if I'd do this for Halo, FH5 was a no-brainer but I'm still not convinced Infinite will be any better than Halo 5

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I think I'd only go for it if it had the campaignā€¦ good or bad, I just wanna sink my teeth into that ASAP. MP is a known quantity at this point, not many burning questions left that would be answered by diving in early

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
damn i'll be in vegas that friday & saturday for reinvent

i wonder if the cloud version will unlock early...

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
couldnt this just be the press code? its a little late to star selling this sort of stuff with halo considering preorders went up a long while ago

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
How much does that edition cost and what extra goodies does it bring besides 4 days early?
Its $100.
apps.63781.13806078025361171.f8abfa71-76ea-49db-bf3a-2bbeec92f709.e6b984d3-f92d-4b5e-8c69-026333a77bb6

As a Game Pass subscriber you also get 10% off on the premium add ons bundle which is regularly $50.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I have pre-ordered Halo Infinite on Xbox store, I wonder if it is part of that?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Im guessing the version that comes with my halo series x isnt this version :(

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do I need to buy to upgrade my standard digital purchase of Forza 5 on Series S? Need that early access.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Forza Horizon 5 has an early access option included in the Premium version of the game, you can also purchase the Premium add-on bundle (doesn't include the game) so that Game Pass users can still take advantage of the early access date too. This means you can play the game on Friday 5th November ahead of its Tuesday 9th November release date. That's a 4 day early access period.

My guess would be if they do implement Early Access for Halo Infinite that it would either be a 2 day early access period or a 5 day early access period; either on December 6th or 4th. Halo Infinite launching on a Wednesday is a weird one so.

Meh $100 is too much, not a impulse buy number
If you are a gamepass member you can buy just the premium additional features (including early access) for less than half that price as a bundle: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mz0sr207mg8

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 has an early access option included in the Premium version of the game, you can also purchase the Premium add-on bundle (doesn't include the game) so that Game Pass users can still take advantage of the early access date too. This means you can play the game on Friday 5th November ahead of its Tuesday 9th November release date. That's a 4 day early access period.

My guess would be if they do implement Early Access for Halo Infinite that it would either be a 2 day early access period or a 5 day early access period; either on December 6th or 4th. Halo Infinite launching on a Wednesday is a weird one so.

If you are a gamepass member you can buy just the premium additional features (including early access) for less than half that price as a bundle: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mz0sr207mg8
Okay, that's a good deal then, got it. Hmmm

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Premium add on bundle is mostly for gamepass members. Reason its not on the Steam version for example.
So that gamepass members can have Premium perks without being forced to still buy the premium version

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to think here.
Isn't the point of Gamepass getting all the games for "free"?
MS seems pretty determind to get their subscribers to pay a lot of money for each of their titles. (DLC, early access, Premium packs)What's the point of Gamepass then? Might as well buy the game, to be honest.

this is a wild post. Completely wild.

the point of gamepass is to make money for MS. The main proposition for gamers is that they can get access to a lot of games for a low upfront cost. But there's always been DLC to buy, and perks for GP subscribers who also spend a little extra.

typically, buying the game outright is still going to be more expensive than playing via Gamepass- especially if you're also interested in the countless other games in the service.

My point was simply that all DLC etc. should be free.
Don't know how that is controversial. Why shouldn't it be included in Gamepass. That's the whole point of Gamepass to me. If I have to buy DLC etc. for each title it gets expensive fast. Just my opinion though. If everyone is fine with this, then it's okay.

your opinion literally makes no sense.

it's much more expensive to buy every game outright and buy all the dlc than it is to just buy dlc as you see fit.

how'd you gather that the whole point of Gamepass is all DLC is free when that's never been the case?

Last edited:

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I'll update my Gamepass version day 1, give me some DLC bundle with the battlepass and early acces

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
I was assuming this was just for press hands-on previews. Not a huge window to do an early access with Forza right before. Maybe just a few days if this is legit retail early access?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I was assuming this was just for press hands-on previews. Not a huge window to do an early access with Forza right before. Maybe just a few days if this is legit retail early access?

If there is early access for the public, it will be a few days before retail release.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Weren't Game Pass Ultimate members able to play Gears 5 five days early just like the owners of the "Ultimate Edition" of the title?

That was the case with Gears. I believe that is the only example of a first party game doing that. It would make sense if they always followed the same model so there's no confusion. Maybe they will now that they allow Game Pass members to pay the difference.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I am in. An entire weekend with Halo Infinite MP is worth the price of admission for me.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really like this practice much. It's clearly aiming to tap into people's FOMO to generate some easy profits. I think the setup with FH5 is okay, as the two expansions are going to be good value for anyone really into the game. In other cases like FIFA where the main content of the deluxe edition Ultimate Team packs it does very much feel like "pay us an extra Ā£30 to not miss out". A shame that they're not going forward with the Game Pass Ultimate Gears 5 style scheme, but I guess they see it as leaving money on the table.