• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I'll cancel my physical edition steelbook preorder for this.

I'd rather it just release December 8 for everyone though

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
If it's like the FH5 premium add-ons bundle I'm intrigued but I'm not so sure about buying just a few days. Will have to see-

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. Presumably like the FH5 one where you can upgrade your Game Pass/standard version to some kind of Digital Deluxe version that includes early access.

Gimme.

Oct 20, 2021
Don't know what to think here.
Isn't the point of Gamepass getting all the games for "free"?
MS seems pretty determind to get their subscribers to pay a lot of money for each of their titles. (DLC, early access, Premium packs)What's the point of Gamepass then? Might as well buy the game, to be honest.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
It's releasing on December 8th (Wednesday) so presumably an early release would happen the Friday before like FH5 is doing?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
MS seems pretty determind to get their subscribers to pay a lot of money for each of their titles. (DLC, early access, Premium packs)What's the point of Gamepass then? Might as well buy the game, to be honest.

Game is launching on December and if you want to play it early you can buy this "DLC".

MS wants people to pay money for each of their titles? THE HORROR.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
????

You still have the game for "free", you know.

Do you really think that the gamepass became a shitty deal because you can put some money to play 4 days early ?????

Mar 19, 2021

You're still saving on the base game price if you're using Game Pass either way

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Gamepass normally gives you access to the base version of first and third party games, not their DLC or premium versions. So this wouldn't be included in Gamepass.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

If you're playing the game free with Game Pass you can sometimes upgrade that version to the Premium/deluxe version with an add-on DLC. They've done that with a few first party titles now.

You could buy the premium edition of FH5 for £85 if you wanted to. Or you could upgrade your Game Pass version (the standard version of the game) to the premium edition with a DLC pack for £35. It's nice.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

"there's optional DLC, so you might as well pay $60 out of pocket for the base game"

Why?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
You still get the base game for free. You still need to upgrade it to the premium edition like everyone else if that's what you want though.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I've never been a fan of that: buy this game this way and you won't get spoiled 4 days prior release.

It's not that big of a deal for Forza Horizon or State of Decay, but Halo Campaign early access is just bad imo. Everyone should be able to play it the same day, whatever version they bought.

Oct 20, 2021
My point was simply that all DLC etc. should be free.
Don't know how that is controversial. Why shouldn't it be included in Gamepass. That's the whole point of Gamepass to me. If I have to buy DLC etc. for each title it gets expensive fast. Just my opinion though. If everyone is fine with this, then it's okay.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Don't know how that is controversial. Why shouldn't it be included in Gamepass. That's the whole point of Gamepass to me. If I have to buy DLC etc. for each title it gets expensive fast. Just my opinion though. If everyone is fine with this, then it's okay.

Shouls be free according to who?

MS said it loud and clear that you are only going to get the base games and DLCs are not guaranteed to release on Gamepass.

It's not about being fine or not, people subscribing to Game Pass are aware that you are not going to get post-launch paid content and there's nothing wrong with this.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
If this really happens it wouldnt surprise me if it's the MP only. Bundle this with the first battle pass and it's an easy buy for a lot of people.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really been a fan of pay extra to play early, but whatever, I'd cave for this.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Weren't Game Pass Ultimate members able to play Gears 5 five days early just like the owners of the "Ultimate Edition" of the title? I know we have a more recent example where early access with Forza Horizon 5 is a paid add-on for any tier of Game Pass member, but I hope for some XGS titles that Game Pass Ultimate still provides access to some "Ultimate Edition" entitlements like early access.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
youd have to be insane to pay a ludicrous amount for a gamepass game to play it a few days early, but hey, im the poor bastard here.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It'd certainly be nice but I don't think they've ever mentioned that DLC would be free for game pass games.