• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
One thing we have to remember is - there is no HDR in these trailers.

I really hope they publish some HDR content, that could make it look even better.

Zelent

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
With Halo coming to PC, I want to be excited about this series. Only ever played Halo 1 and 2 at my friends house as a kid.

But that trailer... was pretty underwhelming.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Soooo...my wedding is booked for november 21st 2020. Looking at the launch date of xbox one and xbox 360 (nov 23rd and nov 22nd) just how fucked am I?

Halo is basically the only game I still get excited for and I just know it's gonna drop on the 20th! Stinkles please, any other weekend, I'm weak and have no control when it comes to halo.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo...my wedding is booked for november 21st 2020. Looking at the launch date of xbox one and xbox 360 (nov 23rd and nov 22nd) just how fucked am I?

Halo is basically the only game I still get excited for and I just know it's gonna drop on the 20th! Stinkles please, any other weekend, I'm weak and have no control when it comes to halo.

Time to cancel. I'm sure your partner will understand.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing about the new design of the armor.

Other than it being clearly inspired by the Halo anime episode, The Package, it's going for a best of both worlds of the old design versus the new design.

In comparison to the Halo 4 to 5 design, it's far sleeker and a lot less overly complex detailing. It's more in line with the simpler design of Halo 2 and 3. That being said however, in Halo 4 they really bulked up the armor compared to it being a lot more slim which really helped make Chief feel bigger. This new design still has that bulkiness factor introduced in 4.

I know some might not like to hear it but 343i actually did some good stuff with Halo 4 and 5 and this seems to be taking the best elements of those and marrying them to the more original aesthetics.

Halo Wars 2 was actually already a really good showing of that.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Best shot.

xsqrul2dle331.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Loving how much this feels like the initial Halo 2 teaser.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State

Seems perfect IMO. Some of the wedding gift cash can go to help you get a Scarlett and Halo. Or, if you're an amazing groom, give your groomsmen (and women) Halo as a gift!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
image.jpeg

HaloLegends-MasterChief.png

Really like that they decided to go in the route of taking the inspiration from these two.

Only thing that is missing is the white stripes on the arms.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I rewatched the trailer in 4K 60 fps from the official Xbox Youtube channel a few moments ago, looks really good.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise launching holiday 2020 with Project Scarlett.Developed by 343 Industr...

Thank you for the direct link!! Okay it was just my crappy streaming off a roku youtube app at 1080p lol

going to watch that later with better equipment :P

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I rewatched the trailer in 4K 60 fps from the official Xbox Youtube channel a few moments ago, looks really good.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise launching holiday 2020 with Project Scarlett.Developed by 343 Industr...
That top comment lol

"Sir, request permission to leave the station." "For what purpose, Master Chief?" "To give the fans back their game."

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Graphically it's gorgeous, but everything else is underwhelming. And I hate the armor design.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I can't help but think that still releasing it for Xbox One is a mistake, just like Titanfall was for the One/360. Releasing your headline launch title for your previous console has never gone well....Zelda excluded.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You're potentially going to play Halo Infinite on your wedding day. You're going to get married and then play a new Halo game. Talk about a good problem to have.

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
Is this fwd compatibility approch of MS going to hamstring it's next gen console?

I don't think this will be a one off situation...MS explicitly said this was their approch a few e3s ago.

Sony are wiping the slate clean and I don't expect their launch in house titles limited by having to run on PS4 as well....if this is MSs approch then Sony first party ps5 games and going to look night and day better

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I can't help but think that still releasing it for Xbox One is a mistake, just like Titanfall was for the One/360. Releasing your headline launch title for your previous console has never gone well....Zelda excluded.

It makes financial sense though, plus it allows all the fans to enjoy the game. As long as the Scarlet version is able to look like that and run at a constant 60 fps at 4k, then we're good. I at least think the first year to year and a half will see a lot of cross generation games.

I'm ready for more HALO

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio

You should put a Scarlett with Halo Infinite on your wedding registry. Best of both worlds

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The main person involved with trailers at microsoft needs to change asap. This is microsoft's biggest hurdle right now. Change him asap microsoft.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really love the look of the armor. Feels very back to the roots. That the last game they made was Halo 5 leaves me pretty cautious though. I kind of hope that they drop any of that story baggage

Oct 26, 2017
It's solved guys pack your bags:
bbff0a51a853c46ec9237e3a941dd196.png

This backs this up as well:
242e047ccd0864ad9b14b086c147281a.png
The problem with this is that I don't see the motivation for Cortana wanting to kill off all sentient life in the galaxy, how she could event activate it in the first place as an A.I. construct, and how a simple collision with the ring could cause that type of damage; it would need to explode like the Pillar of Autumn, but that ended up completely decimating the ring. Something else is going on here...

Also yeah, I think it's clearly implied there is some larger battle that has been lost, and based on when Halsey updated the armor it implies the game takes place in at least very late 2561 or probably 2562, with the UNSC survivors scattered around the ring, the Chief and Pilot returning to round them up and start the fight up again.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
If I find a body in space the first thing I think oh that dude dead not i need to power it up, I was thinking he open it up to see if he alive and hide his face

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So that leak with the hobbits was fake or could that still be a thing in the final game?

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
Is this fwd compatibility approch of MS going to hamstring it's next gen console?

I don't think this will be a one off situation...MS explicitly said this was their approch a few e3s ago.

Sony are wiping the slate clean and I don't expect their launch in house titles limited by having to run on PS4 as well....if this is MSs approch then Sony first party ps5 games and going to look night and day better
If you think Sony is not going to have cross gen games for the launch window and not capitalize on a hundred million customers for a box that will sell a million to three million you're out of your mind. Besides the fact that your Xbox one can stream the game means Microsoft doesn't have to hold development back it just means Xbox one owners at a certain point will just have to stream those games and not have the games optimized to play on the hardware.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looked amazing. And I'm not really a fan of Halo.

What gets me about the series is I think it has an amazing lore, beautiful soundtrack and visuals and the story is good. But these games always focus on the military/soldiers. Just something im not really interested in

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the trailer and it looks amazing to me visually as well. The armor is full classic Halo design, so happy with it. Above all, the music got me....my god.

Best part of the trailer was when Chief was walking at the very end and what looked like Two Betrayals with Cortana talking....got major major goosebumps.

I just wish we had gotten some gameplay. Is Chris Lee going to be talking about the engine at all?

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019

Break up, hit the gym, find a new fiance

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone else notice the huge *thud* when Chief hit the ground after the pilot released him? Makes it feel like the Mjolnir armor weighs a ton, as it should be. Love little details like that.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I'm looking forward to this but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the trailer. This was their biggest game to show off and all we got was a pretty boring trailer...
I thought Gears would have been the biggest since it is out sooner but uhhhh......we got nothing from that as well.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else notice the huge *thud* when Chief hit the ground after the pilot released him? Makes it feel like the Mjolnir armor weighs a ton, as it should be. Love little details like that.

I love that. 343i honestly made more efforts to make the MJOLNIR feel like a hulking thing. I still love the sound of the undersuit and such that they introduced in 4.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
So uhhh who else thinks this may be installation 07? Based on last year's trailer, I was under that assumption.