• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shads

Jun 6, 2020
Wow, I'm shocked, I thought they would just iterate on this game over time. They're really going to have to push this "best place to play third party games" then. But probably the right thing to do to delay it. Better than people to crap all over an unfinished game even more like what has happened from the gameplay demo.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I actually feel so bad for Microsoft honestly :(

must have been a tough decision

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Damnnn, super unexpected. But PLEASE game community normalize and support developers during this time, it has its own sets of challenges and difficulties doing this WFH thing. It works, but its also a pain in the ass getting this normalized and figured out.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I really think this will be absolutely disastrous for their launch, unless they have a big game they've been keeping quiet about that's also for launch, or close to it.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Good, it needs it. But what is launching with XSX now? lol

Give us that presentation from the og trailer.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Really big Kudos to MS. This clearly needed a bit more time in the oven but I didn't think they would actually delay it. However this guarantees that Halo fans are going to get an even better game when it is ready.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
Good choice.
Not sure what to do now though, might get a PS5 at launch and keep racking up those reward points for an even cheaper Series X when Halo releases.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Is it really a big blow to the console launch if the (multiplat) game didn't look good to begin with? I was under the impression that most new consoles sell out regardless.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't know what to think about this. Good in that it gives them more time to build this out. Bad because what does Xbox even have now? It's becoming a harder and harder sell week by week to justify buying a console at launch.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Maybe they should concentrate on the multiplayer, get that out early next year. Then they can focus on campaign.

I think the fact it wasn't running on series x, the way it looked, and no real details, there's big problems. Thankfully they took the right decision, as releasing a sub par Halo on your new console isn't a good look. 343 seem like they're not doing a great job with the franchise.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately shocking, but I'm glad. Hopefully the game launches in a polished state with the issues from the demo ironed out.
I'm happy MS allowed their big launch title to be delayed, it being pushed out unfinished would have done more harm than good. Will be interesting to see how the XSX/S launch is hurt by this, though that can be made up for with a big Halo launch a few months later.
I am curious as to when it'll come out though, my gut says March.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It must've been really bad if they rather delayed their only Xbox Series X system seller. O:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Wow surprised they really did it. Think it will be the right choice in the long run over rushing out an incomplete messed up game.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks but what matters is how the end product is. I can wait for as long as they need to deliver what they want it to be. The Series X is starting to look even less appealing at launch.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I can't even imagine what state the game must have been in for what they planned for launch. Decision saved the game most likely.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Fine. Alot of big games to play end of the year. Even with the new console.
If this makes Infinite better fine by me. If its like early 2021. Its not like alot of months from november also

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
Nope, still coming this Holiday from what they just posted

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X Launches this November with Thousands of Games Spanning Four Generations - Xbox Wire

Today, we announced updates to Halo Infinite’s launch timing. Our vision at Xbox and 343 Industries has always been to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever for our fans, while also balancing the team’s well-being. To do that, we will need some more time to finish the critical work...

Well good luck MS - your gonna need it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Halo needs a flawless return to form and this was definitely not shaping up to be it. Hopefully they can pull it together especially since this is meant to be a platform for all future Halo titles. You need a strong foundation to build on.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Series X will still sell out at launch, I'd suspect. Certainly a big blow for the consoles launch in terms of mindshare, but I don't think MS will have trouble selling the Series X to early adopters. Probably part of what got them comfortable delaying the game out of the system's launch.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Big OOF if your flagship game for your console launch that is THE thing you promote wont make it.

But not surprising. Game for sure needs more time in the oven.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate, but it seems to be the best decision.

Bonnie Ross talked about the studio culture with IGN. She said that they promised the studio that there would be no crunch with the release of Halo 5. They weren't able to uphold that promise, so they assured that it wouldn't happen for Halo Infinite. And that's part of the reason they invested in the Slipspace engine, to increase ease of use and productivity of tools.

It's clear that they couldn't reach their deadline with the quality they hoped for. It's best to delay, sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
oof. this kind of kills the grandiosity of the XSX launch too - no Halo means no buy for a lot of people, i'm sure. was gonna buy a Series S whenever that got announced just to stay current but that's def a 2021 buy now.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
A good decision and one that I honestly didn't see coming. I thought for sure they were gonna get it out there, good to see I'm wrong.
Seems they've learned a great deal from State of decay 2 being a buggy mess and sea of thieves being super light on content and other half baked launches they've done, MCC especially.

Jun 17, 2018
Good, let it cook. I'd rather have a game that they are proud of than a rushed launch title that ends up disappointing.

I'm rooting for you 343!