• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Definitely the right move, I wonder if this was directly influenced by the negative reaction to the game play demo.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me????

I mean this is totally a good thing and Kudos to Microsoft for doing something I staunchly believed they wouldn't do. It was so obvious it needed a delay, and they did it. Pretty devastating blow to the launch lineup, and that leaves the question, what is the big Series X launch title?

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Respect for the introspection. I hope this game turns out to be exactly what they want it and is straight fire.

Good luck 343 and Microsoft!

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
It's for the best. The game just didn't have a great showing, however you spin it, and the effects of the pandemic on development are clear to see.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
With COVID times are tough for developers. I'm sure when this pops back up it is going to be looking better than ever.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not to shocking, that reveal reaction must have sent shockwaves through the offices

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Unbelievable really. Just a stunning development in an already clearly troubled development story.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The right choice. Hope they can raise the quality of the game to where it needs to be.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Wow
Not trying to start a fanboy war but what's the point in buying an Xbox series x/scarlet?
I was going to buy this for halo but now I'll just buy PS5
They also got bullied into making it look better, oof

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Decision. Time to go back and redo the lighting with ray traced GI, and bring the visuals back to the e3 2018 showing by cancelling the current gen versions. No one playing on x1 and x1x should feel obligated to play this game on last gen consoles in 2021.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Between that last blog post and this, kudos on 343 and MS for doing the right thing. It felt like impossibility due to launch windows, but there it is.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Wow I never saw this coming, but GG to Microsoft for not forcing it out as a launch title

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a let down. I understand they need more time for the game but it's been since 2015 that we got a mainline Halo game and that last one was disappointing. Now we are not getting the most anticipated game for the XSX in time for launch. It's just been a frustrating experience waiting and hoping the next Halo is going to come out soon and that it's going to be good.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I am legitimately surprised. I thought this was going to be like Halo: Master Chief Collection, which was shipped broken to make a deadline.

Honestly this is good news. Release Halo Infinite when it's done, not before.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Good news for the quality of the game.
But this is a huge loss for the launch of a new console.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well..

- I'm kinda sad because i wanted to play the multiplayer portion in November
- I'm kinda happy because the game needs it.
- And holy shit this is a massive blow for the Series X release.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Could this mean that we can get something closer to this when the game is finally released?

If they pull that off I'm buying the console asap.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
That is crazy. Honestly though good on Microsoft for doing that instead of releasing a sub-par product just to sell the new Xbox.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Ouch. That is really going to hurt Series X. Doubt I'll be getting one until at least Halo.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am impressed they had the balls to delay it tbh. This will impact their console launch.