• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

twistedbasis

Jan 10, 2018
User Banned (3 days): platform warring
I expect this thread will get very, very few replies. After all, GP subscribers will just move on to other titles in their "backlog" right?

Danny

Oct 25, 2017
No point in me getting a Series X at launch now then. Wow what a colossal screw up from Microsoft.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Holy shit god damn. Was not expecting a full on delay.

Well it seems like it needed it. Good luck to that team and I hope the extra time helps them out.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good move for the game, but man, there's barely any reason to buy a Series X at launch now.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Wow! What's their biggest launch game now then?

I wonder if this is for reasons other then reactions to the recent trailer, even if they were surprised by how negative the response was I'm shocked they wouldn't just update it after launch.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Call me insane, but with relatively light launch windows and plenty of heavy-hitters this fall on current gen (Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed, etc), I almost think next-gen should be delayed in general.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The game looked like it was over a year away from release in its demo, so I suspect this is now a Fall 2021 game.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Whatever needs to be done, but it was one of the big draws for the Series X at launch. I was debating going with both consoles, but will likely wait until Infinite releases.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Super bummed, but if it means the game launches in a better state then I'm all for it. While I doubt this is the case, I really hope the dev's have a little room to breathe now.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Shit. Wow.

This is good, and I'm glad MS is allowing them to do this, but damn this sucks.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, imagine the state it must have been in for MS to be willing to launch a new console with basically nothing.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Wow yall really bullied them into a delay.

Probably for the best but what a bummer.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I thought they'd release this at all costs. Good to see 343 give it extra time but still, pain.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, kneecapping their launch lineup that badly seems like it could do serious long term damage to the console. Not that releasing a bad Halo wouldn't also, but honestly feel like this is worse just as a business matter.

I think it can be seen as a bad move for the short term, but on the long term, having a polished and complete Halo experience on year 1 seems MUCH more significant.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
For the better. I am sure there will be enough games to fill in for the Xbox Series X/S launch from third parties.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
They are doing the right thing for the Halo IP.
On the other hand I wonder how this will affect the Xbox brand.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
065.gif

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the right move. Didn't expect that. It obviously needed quite a bit more time.

Puts XBOX in general in a weird place now. The consoles should both just be delayed at this point, honestly.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
You know, I always telling myself it should be pushed back but MS would never allow it. Well... they did. Good. Rushed game is forever bad etc etc. I guess the gameplay reveal did a lot to sway this.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Good. It needs it.
2. Microsoft says they're less about selling boxes, so a forced release date in November never made sense.
3. Sony will absolutely dominate the holiday period with a recognizable, highly anticipated flagship release in Miles Morales.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
this is surprising news...
guess those community feedback on design really sent a message to the design team
hopefully they can fix up what they need to do

It really makes the release of the Series X less enticing though for those interested in the box. Outside of it being the hot new thing