• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
kotaku.com

Halo Infinite Creative Director Leaves Company

Tim Longo, creative director for the upcoming Halo Infinite, left developer 343 Industries this week, Kotaku has learned. It’s part of a leadership shakeup that arrives late in the development of the next Halo game, which is scheduled for release in fall 2020.

Tim Longo, creative director for the upcoming Halo Infinite, left developer 343 Industries this week, Kotaku has learned. It's part of a leadership shakeup that arrives late in the development of the next Halo game, which is scheduled for release in fall 2020.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well if he worked on Halo 5's campaign maybe this is a good thing? It's hard to spin someone leaving this late in development as a good thing though.

Also, I don't think this game has any excuses when it comes to it's time in development. It would have been 5 years since Halo 5 next year.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That seems.... not great?

But I also don't know their team structure so it might not be as impactful as the title involved would make me assume.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
So it's safe to assume that the core gameplay/structure is finished and all the remaining time to launch will be spent on tweaks and making sure the experience is as pretty and flawless as it's possible.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
This, combined with the fact that we saw basically nothing of the game at E3, points to some troubled development on this project for sure. Things are clearly not in a great place.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Copied from the duplicate thread:

It's not a safe assumption that it's a sign of issues. Turnover happens every single week at large companies. Admittedly it's less common with Directors, but even so the change could be for any number of reasons.

While it's neat to appreciate the individuals working on games, I wouldn't be able to draw anything meaningful from this information.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

Love the podcast Tim Longo co-hosts, always seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Oct 25, 2017
I checked Tim's twitter and he recently said, somewhat-joking, that he wanted to be involved in activist game development. I hope he finds an opportunity to do something like that.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Not like the vision is all of a sudden switch up this late into development. Good luck to Tim.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft: Okay Longo, we've all been waiting for the chance to see Master Chief's face. We want to make that happen in Halo: Infinite.
Longo: Okay, I can do that. Let's make that happen.
Microsoft: That's not all. We need you to make Chief look like this. *shufs over picture*
Longo: That's... that's Ninja.
Microsoft: Are you part of team Xbox or not, Longo?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I see we're already at the pearl clutching and sky is falling phase. Especially with people namedropping anthem, as if the creative lead on Anthem was the problem with the game, not that the project was mismanaged for years and the actual game came together in 6 months.

Never change Era

Deleted member 39353

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Ah man... That's not great news. I just want so badly for there to be someone or someones who are in charge of the vision for a halo game from start to finish. My biggest complaint with modern Halo is it just seems like they're trying to be too many things at once.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hopefully this doesn't spell disaster for the game, MS really need to get Halo back on track if they have hopes of doing better than the Xbox One generation sales-wise

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This, combined with the fact that we saw basically nothing of the game at E3, points to some troubled development on this project for sure. Things are clearly not in a great place.
They showed off the intro cinematic at E3. I don't see any reason to be concerned with the games development.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I so much want to see a return to form for Halo (especially on the single player side, because I think the multi for 5 is solid). I hope this doesn't foretell another disappointment.

Oct 27, 2017
Will C&P what I said in the other topic as this one has more replies:

This is Microsoft's most important game in a long time and they need to nail it. Hope this isn't indicative of wider issues it's facing with development.

It's not a safe assumption that it's a sign of issues. Turnover happens every single week at large companies. Admittedly it's less common with Directors, but even so the change could be for any number of reasons.

While it's neat to appreciate the individuals working on games, I wouldn't be able to draw anything meaningful from this information.

You're right of course, but if it's a really senior key role like this then it does make you wonder if there's upheaval/development issues. I mean, they're probably only like 13 months from going gold so you would assume the game is near content-complete and the rest of the development would focus on balancing, polish, cutscenes, etc.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
This doesn't pass confidence with the final product, considering we are a year to release date and only got two cinematic videos.