• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Video will be live in Apr 15, 2022 at 9:00 AM.

Higher resolution of the thumbnail:
maxresdefault.jpg

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
Please have a playlist with just the new maps, if the only way to play them is in quick play then there is going to be a lot of quitting.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
Looking forward to some new maps, the low amount of maps were for me the main reason the mp got stale fast. Hopefully the next season with even more maps won't be too far off

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I'll probably check it out but I don't know if it'll hold my attention for too long. BTB is my favorite mode across the games but from what little we've seen of the in new BTB map so far it looks like another constrained map with very little room for vehicles to maneuver, and the 4v4 map looks more vertical than what we have so far, which is nice, but like BTB, I'd like more open maps, not tight 3 lane maps.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a start, maps looks good, specially the arena map. But I need more social playlist like infection, action sack and PvE Firefight before Infinite can keep me fully engage, and that seems really far away from now, unfortunately. I mean, we still don't have mission selection in campaign or campaign coop. Forge is more or less required for Infection, and a pump shotgun is still missing in the game. I feel that this update will keep me interested for like a couple of hours or at best a couple of days before coming back to the current situation. I really hope for Halo Infinite that Season 3 won't take 6 months to craft, but I think it will.

Last edited:

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Was I naive to hope they'd have more arena maps to add than this? It'll bring me back in for a little bit at least. I love the gameplay but it needs a much bigger map selection to be enjoyable long term for me.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
awesome. Cant wait for season 2 and to get back to the BP grind

OP
OP
Akai

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Was I naive to hope they'd have more arena maps to add than this? It'll bring me back in for a little bit at least. I love the gameplay but it needs a much bigger map selection to be enjoyable long term for me.

Not really. Basically everyone thinks that 1 Arena and 1 BTB is really sparse after 6 months map wise.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Not really. Basically everyone thinks that 1 Arena and 1 BTB is really sparse after 6 months map wise.

Yeah I didnt want to be disrespectful but a teaser for one arena and one btb map seems a little weird, like in the past they would have released 3/4 maps at a time.

Seems like it would be easy to burn out on the one map too which is kind of why the game didnt have legs for me in the first place

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Yeah I didnt want to be disrespectful but a teaser for one arena and one btb map seems a little weird, like in the past they would have released 3/4 maps at a time.

Seems like it would be easy to burn out on the one map too which is kind of why the game didnt have legs for me in the first place

At least future seasons should be 3 months instead of 6. I would be fine with 1 of each map type at that cadence.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Just look at the current player count, you're not alone in feeling that

astro

Oct 25, 2017
New BTB map will get me back to playing.

I REALLY miss server browsers and "24/7 MAP NAME" servers specifically. Sometimes I jsut want to play the same map over and over. 24/7 Blood gulch on CE PC was where I went to chill.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah YouTube Premieres and they awful quality...

EDIT : at least that was short and 4K is now available.

Looks nice but I expected some gameplay.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Those are some pretty maps. I was hoping they would have a sit down walk through

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The visuals for Catalyst are so good. Layout looks like Epitaph, Midship and Guardian all rolled into one.

Gametype reveals next week

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
""We're super excited for all of you to jump into the new maps and modes of Season 2, speaking of which that's the next thing we'll be covering—check back next week for a look at King of the Hill, Land Grab, and Last Spartan Standing!"

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, it's just a trailer, thought it was a sit down with gameplay.

I don't really have much of an opinion so far, look fine, some environmental stuff is nice.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Disappointing reveal videos but both maps are looking awesome! Can't wait to play on both maps. That forerunner map... *chefs kiss*

But seriously 343, no commentary or no hype trailer? Just take a look at BF or CoD and how to announce new maps in the right way.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
""We're super excited for all of you to jump into the new maps and modes of Season 2, speaking of which that's the next thing we'll be covering—check back next week for a look at King of the Hill, Land Grab, and Last Spartan Standing!"
So will be showing gameplay on those maps next week.

Nollemaster

Oct 27, 2017
A bit soon to say but Catalyst looks like an instant classic to me. It looks stunning and I'm a big fan of the verticality. Breaker could fun with the dynamic map elements but I've never been a fan of wreckage maps from an aesthetics standpoint.

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Cool - looking forward to it. Find it impossible to be negative about a preview of the maps that are about to drop.