• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have no clue what he's even saying here lol. Does he think it's going to look good or bad?
He's saying 343 announced the campaign demo outta nowhere, and not like days in advance, but within 12 hours of announcement, so they must be very confident in how it will show. A good thing.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
He's saying 343 announced the campaign demo outta nowhere, and not like days in advance, but within 12 hours of announcement, so they must be very confident in how it will show. A good thing.

I'm not following the logic. Marketing plan involves showing the campaign. Is there anymore to read into it?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
They were also confident at E3 2020 and we all know how that turned out.

Personally I liked what they showed as far as game play. Tech issues and flat lighting were the big visuals issue and they have had over a year to improve that aspect so I am expecting some great things....with that said, this will be one of the most scrutinized video's of a game in a long time...we will have people looking at it frame by frame for anything remotely negative.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I kind of read it the opposite. That they're dropping it kind of out of nowhere with no lead-up because they're not confident in it. "Shit hot" is a very confusing adjective lol.

Not that it really matters since it doesn't sound like he actually knows how it looks.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I kind of read it the opposite. That they're dropping it kind of out of nowhere with no lead-up because they're not confident in it. "Shit hot" is a very confusing adjective lol.

Not that it really matters since it doesn't sound like he actually knows how it looks.
that's why I joked that he has a "way with words" lol

Plax

Nov 23, 2019

Shit hot means is a positive adjective. Hot shit would be negative.

He's suggesting it looks great. But based on the track record, he probably thought it looked shit hot last year too.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I'm nervous for them, I think people's expectations are way too high. The multiplayer is so good, I really don't even care about the campaign past a first play through, tbh.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy I don't work until noon tomorrow. Now I get the morning off to watch this live.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
I think after last year, they've taken the time to do their best. I look forward to seeing the improvements. This is my most anticipated game of the year actually

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
They were also confident at E3 2020 and we all know how that turned out.

Personally I liked what they showed as far as game play. Tech issues and flat lighting were the big visuals issue and they have had over a year to improve that aspect so I am expecting some great things....with that said, this will be one of the most scrutinized video's of a game in a long time...we will have people looking at it frame by frame for anything remotely negative.
The flipside is if the general consensus is that its a worthy improvement over last year, then it will overshadow the people that do this.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Wait, how can you tell it's 6 minutes? Knowing length would help me set expectations. And 6 minutes would probably mean I should temper them pretty hard (which is fine! we're still over a month from release, I don't need to see a 20 minute demo yet.)
Given the length of the video are we expecting just a overview or will there be a "See more at the anniversary, when we show X minutes of gameplay". What do you and others reckon?

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Spoilers: it plays like Halo.

I dunno what people are expecting besides taking a peek at the visual improvements since that E3 demo.

I think people are expecting to see the open world elements at play and how infinite will be different from past halo games. Obviously improvements in graphics are expected, but this has definitely been a weird ride, this is the final piece of the puzzle for the hype train

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, how can you tell it's 6 minutes? Knowing length would help me set expectations. And 6 minutes would probably mean I should temper them pretty hard (which is fine! we're still over a month from release, I don't need to see a 20 minute demo yet.)
6 minutes is a long time to show off the game. Most movie trailers are in the 2 minute range and can show a lot. The first Discover Hope trailer was about that and it was a meaty slice of a cutscene.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I don't even care about the graphics really.

Mostly I just want to see an open-world FPS experience that's not "Fallout random encounters" and isn't "Far Cry bases." I'm hoping that there's some Kojima-level MGSV thoughtfulness put into making the world feel organic and cohesive and alive.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm looking forward to it, but at the end of the day, I'll spend 6 hours on it, and the other 95% of my time on MP. So even if they mess it up, at least we have a solid MP

Oct 12, 2020
Why must people fashion these elaborate "expectations"? Just take it in for what it ends up being. I've seen people already expressing that they fully expect to disappointed. Is this some sort of defensive mechanism to avoid some anguish if it's a bad showing? The world of gaming is a crazy place sometimes, lol.

I'm a bit excited going in, but mostly just intensely curious. 👀

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I'm nervous for them, I think people's expectations are way too high. The multiplayer is so good, I really don't even care about the campaign past a first play through, tbh.
Halos reputation can be destroyed by the campaign alone, regardless of the quality of the multiplayer. H5 (while a weak Halo game) had a solid multiplayer. In many contexts, it probably had one of the best pvp experiences (from a pure gameplay perspective). However, the campaign tanked the game's reputation that none of it mattered (dont get me wrong, there were other others but the word of mouth regarding the campaign really tanked it).

Now Infinites campaign being separate could have less of an effect, but if the campaign sucks, it WILL negatively effect all parts of the game.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Damn! Just woke up, so freaking hyped for this! Even though the first showing wasn't stellar (i still liked it fwiw) i think the great reception of the mp and the long delay is putting expectations for this sky high again...

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I think people expecting a real Open World (like Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, BotW, etc...) might be disappointed, I feel like the game will be closer to Metro Exodus or Destiny with open ended levels allowing you to go through the main mission and explore much more than a linear level, without being a truly open world.

I'm expecting something along the lines of FFXIV, with the various broken parts of the ring being the "zones" - interconnected by the stone "portals" one of which you could see at the "start" screen for the 2020 demo. I don't see how else you make it workable on an Xbox One. No idea how big the areas will be, but they haven't been shy about making them seem large - talking about flying to distant pieces of the broken ring, etc.

It's not going to have crafting or shit like that either, obviously. Maybe some equipment upgrades you can find off the beaten path.

My question is whether the world will be "wide linear" where you constantly move forward to the next zone, or if there will be missions causing you to "backtrack" to new parts of previous areas. The game has side-missions and stuff they (presumably?) would let you mop up at your leisure, which would suggest they at least let you move all around the game's overall world at will.

I could see some elements of BOTW in the game, in the specific sense that you will likely be able to get up to a lot of physics hijinks and stuff with the tools you're given to fight enemies and traverse the geography. Less in the sense that you'll be cooking steaks and collecting korok seeds, haha.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have no clue what he's even saying here lol. Does he think it's going to look good or bad? The Twitter comments seem to be confused too lmao.

Shit hot means good

He's suggesting it looks great. But based on the track record, he probably thought it looked shit hot last year too.

Based on what track record?

The one where I've probably dumped on Halo more than most? Visually I found last year's demo as visually underwhelming (to put it kindly) as anyone. Gameplay looked great luckily.

So this only really has to look visually strong to make me happy.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
While there were some parts I disliked from the initial reveal, overall I was happy with what they showed. So I'm just happy to see more of the campaign, hopefully with fixes to the things I did not like (better lightning, more life in environment, better movement from ships)

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

True, but that was going to happen no matter what. Even if it looked great in 2020, there would be an army of motivated individuals on the internet looking for weak spots for the usual tedious reasons, like any first-party game.

Personally, my "bar" is starting at "the MP visuals but in an open-ish world". However much further they can go from that will be a nice surprise. That panning shot of a part of the world they showed at E3 this year looked great, but as it said it was labeled "engine" footage we'll have to wait and see if it's representative of the final product. I find MS tend to be very conservative with how they label footage, so I'm hopeful.

As for last year, I thought gameplay looked great. If it hadn't looked so plasticky and rough, the reception would've been positive. Personally, I cringed every time at the part on the lift where the distant clouds pop in. They chose to show that!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
While there were some parts I disliked from the initial reveal, overall I was happy with what they showed. So I'm just happy to see more of the campaign, hopefully with fixes to the things I did not like (better lightning, more life in environment, better movement from ships)

Big ups for mentioning that last part - it bothered me that the Banished drop ship looked like it was on invisible rails with how it moved. I suspect that flyby was scripted for the demo, so hopefully that's why it was a bit rough (like everything else).

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Whaaaat? Hot shit does NOT mean negative either. If I say, "that's some hot shit" it's a compliment.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Shit hot means good

Based on what track record?

The one where I've probably dumped on Halo more than most? Visually I found last year's demo as visually underwhelming (to put it kindly) as anyone. Gameplay looked great luckily.

So this only really has to look visually strong to make me happy.

Potentially thinking of someone else. I retract my accusation - sorry.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Neat

I'm mostly interested in the multiplayer, but if the campaign looks good I'll play it too. They nailed the gameplay feel already and I think the MP looks fantastic visually, so now I just need a fun open-world experience and I'll be happy.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Looking forward to this just to see where they've ended up graphically since last summer. Really only interested in MP rn since I haven't even touched H5: Guardians but if this is impressive enough I could see myself giving SP a chance.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
So, I'm rewatching the past overview videos (Multiplayer Overview, PC Overview) to get a better idea of what to expect tomorrow.

I think we won't get any extended gameplay of campaign. I think it will be mostly devs talking about the new stuff/revamped things and displaying short clips to illustrate Which is perfectly fine, lol. But I think if you want an extended (5 min+) gameplay session of campaign you will probably have to wait to either halo 20 year anniversary, or even closer to launch.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to this just to see where they've ended up graphically since last summer. Really only interested in MP rn since I haven't even touched H5: Guardians but if this is impressive enough I could see myself giving SP a chance.
Think of this game as a semi-restart of the narrative they've done dirty in 5.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
So, I'm rewatching the past overview videos (Multiplayer Overview, PC Overview) to get a better idea of what to expect tomorrow.

I think we won't get any extended gameplay of campaign. I think it will be mostly devs talking about the new stuff/revamped things and displaying short clips to illustrate Which is perfectly fine, lol. But I think if you want an extended (5 min+) gameplay session of campaign you will probably have to wait to either halo 20 year anniversary, or even closer to launch.
I agree. I think this is most likely what we are getting tomorrow.