• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been this excited for a Halo campaign since.... maybe 3? Feels real nice.

anotherdayinbk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember this conversation about the variety of "biomes" in Doom, yet it has consistently been the same "one note" criticism in multiple threads. I wonder what makes pre-release Halo so unique in that regard?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Very tight editing/sync in that action sequence at 55 secs, demoscene tier. Really looking forward to this!

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember this conversation about the variety of "biomes" in Doom, yet it has consistently been the same "one note" criticism in multiple threads. I wonder what makes pre-release Halo so unique in that regard?
Probably because "classic" Halo had different settings such as snow, etc but this one seems to have a Pacific NW vibe (which I love) through and through sans for some Forerunner aesthetic. I'm just glad we're are back on a Halo ring (for the most part). A Halo ring makes a lot sense for an open-worldish game especially with more content coming which I'm sure will include different biomes as we'll get to explore other parts of the ring eventually. I mean I'd love to get some snow type (and others) settings in this one but all indications are that's not happening in this campaign.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Very hyped for Halo Infinite. Halo's marketing campaigns have always been excellent and this time is no exception.

Today I start playing through Halo Reach and then Halo 4 and 5 in anticipation, and I hope to catch up in time for next wednesday when Infinite releases. Let's see what I've been missing all these years I didn't have an Xbox.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been hyped for a Halo launch in years. It feels good to be excited for Halo again after all this time.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little bummed out by the release timing not being at 12:00 midnight on Dec 8th but I guess that gives me a full day to check out Bungie's 30th Anniversary content in Destiny releasing on Dec 7th.

We've waited this long (6+ years), just one more week and change to go.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Essentially no new footage unfortunately.

Really hope they've got some big surprises held back in terms of environments/enemies.
This is my chief concern about the game. What they have shown looks fantastic...but I really hope there is more in regards to environments and such.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
This looks amazing. I rarely care about playing games in release order, but I want to finish all the other Halo campaigns before starting Infinite. Probably gonna be a while lol

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
It is mainly due to EVERY Halo game has had multiple biomes/levels. So far, we have seen in Infinite the same biome, no slow level etc. I think for most Halo fans, they have played 5 mainline Halo SP games that all featured different biomes, so it is expected that Infinite would as well.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm still so unbelievably torn apart if this game will work for me. Cause I just can't picture it.
I played through 1 to 5 again at the beginning of the year and the thought about having a boring empty open world with normal enemies, stupid Halo 1 like NPC friends and bog standard Ubisoft shizzle like capturing bases is boring the fuck out of me already.

And I'll be honest, Halo always was the best when it was cinematic, story driven and with cutscenes in between. The moments where you had to hold a place or kill everyone in a huge place were always the most annoying ones for me, I just want to progress not beating NPC enemies over and over again.
I really can't picture this new concept to work for me, this is also not a third person action adventure with countless of features and systems and possibilities of movement and doing stuff, it's Halo, first person pew pew pew like I did a hundred hours already in the multiplayer.

Like most, I'm probably alone with this, but I'm just not excited for this concept, I really think it will be annoying and boring extremely fast.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I'm still so unbelievably torn apart if this game will work for me. Cause I just can't picture it.
I played through 1 to 5 again at the beginning of the year and the thought about having a boring empty open world with normal enemies, stupid Halo 1 like NPC friends and bog standard Ubisoft shizzle like capturing bases is boring the fuck out of me already.

And I'll be honest, Halo always was the best when it was cinematic, story driven and with cutscenes in between. The moments where you had to hold a place or kill everyone in a huge place were always the most annoying ones for me, I just want to progress not beating NPC enemies over and over again.
I really can't picture this new concept to work for me, this is also not a third person action adventure with countless of features and systems and possibilities of movement and doing stuff, it's Halo, first person pew pew pew like I did a hundred hours already in the multiplayer.

Like most, I'm probably alone with this, but I'm just not excited for this concept, I really think it will be annoying and boring extremely fast.

I was trying to sympathize with you but after scanning all of your sentences...

What do you think Halo is? Uncharted in first person? Seems like a severe case of expectations-mismatch.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What do you think Halo is? Uncharted in first person? Seems like a severe case of expectations-mismatch.

I mean, right now it's an Ubisoft open world game in first person. Before it was an amazingly story driven cinematic spectacle and even when you had bigger places like Halo 3, it was always pushing you forward. With Infinite, I have no idea what to expect I just can't picture the new concept to be fun or at least not to feel like it's 8 years too late.

TheXboxPost

Banned
Oct 1, 2021
Where are people getting this information from? I've seen people saying this but I have seen no one source it

I've seen you post this before as a fact.. You're going to have to post a source because it sounds like BS.

The maps we got are the maps that had visual assets datamined in the flights. There were some additional names but no screenshots so I highly doubt this.

Love me some people throwing random tidbits with no proof.

All of you are right, sorry.
I took the info as something completely reasonable without checking.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, right now it's an Ubisoft open world game in first person. Before it was an amazingly story driven cinematic spectacle and even when you had bigger places like Halo 3, it was always pushing you forward. With Infinite, I have no idea what to expect I just can't picture the new concept to be fun or at least not to feel like it's 8 years too late.
well if ya take a shit on your food its gonna taste like it.

Kiryu957

Sep 26, 2020
Its already mentioned that you can mainline through the story missions like a normal halo campaign. Most of those missions are linear.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

DF sorta clarified that it doesn't feel nor plays like a Ubisoft open world game, seems more similar to the Silent Cartographer open mission design.

I would also dislike if they turned Halo into a Far Cry experience, but it doesn't seem that way.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
I'd be fine if the settings are as follows:

- forest overworld
- Forerunner dungeons
- maybe a late-game trip to a Covenant/Banished ship