• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Surreal that we are at Launch trailer stage.

Have Thursday and Friday booked off work, let's gooooo

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going to assume they are holding back. It didn't seem like we were shown much that we haven't seen in terms of enemies and environments. Halo 1 vibes.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I hope the reason we are seeing the exact same locations and clips and characters is because they don't want to spoil things and not because they don't have anything else to show, otherwise this is going to be the most one note halo campaign we get yet. What we see looks good but where's…. Any variety?

great trailer though, even if we've seen 90% of it before in earlier previews. The last second had some new stuff which is exciting

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played a Halo game since Reach, but idk, seems like it's missing something. Maybe it's the environment. I don't mean to knock the game at all, but forests with mountain peaks have been very much overplayed this generation, it doesn't help that the interiors are metal hallways too. I remember how cool some of the levels in past Halo games were, such as the beach in 1. There were a few really cool ones in the series. If the campaign is epic, I'll pick up the Steam version in a few months. Let's see how it pans out.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Looks so dope, I hope we get to see different Biomes and they kept that hidden from the marketing campaign... atleast snow!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played a Halo SP since 4, I'm so ready. I keep trying to pre-load the campaign via the Xbox app but I'm 99% sure it just defaults to downloading the MP. Anyone else experiencing this?

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Looks so dope, I hope we get to see different Biomes and they kept that hidden from the marketing campaign... atleast snow!
I see you are a man of culture as well
master-chief-halo.gif

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen some wild shit in the sandbox, but it seems mainly due to physics quirks that wouldn't occur in normal gameplay. Still awesome though.

Even in orthodox gameplay, the new clips in this new trailer are still pretty hype.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
With all the positive previews and the MP gameplay, even though I'm terrible at it, this is the first time I have ever been really looking forward to playing a Halo game.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely love that nucortana face "kinda seems like it". I think you need that sort of thing for one note Chief.

343 aren't really giving anything away, same footage really.

Dec 28, 2018
I don't mind if it's not even a hub but atleast give me desert and snow for a couple of main missions.

I'm excited for campaign but I do worry we won't get any big set pieces. All I ask is for one Scarab fight.

Man it's been so long since a scarab fight. Wonder why they can't seem to pull anything off resembling them. Lich and Kraken fights were super linear.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
I've seen some wild shit in the sandbox, but it seems mainly due to physics quirks that wouldn't occur in normal gameplay. Still awesome though.

Even in orthodox gameplay, the new clips in this new trailer are still pretty hype.

Wait..did he just Tribes ski at the end? This video (plus current MP) makes me want 343 to make the next Tribes games. Could be a good combo.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
The way they're advertising this game it literally seems like the one open world map in the forest is all there is to it

Yeah, environment variety is one of my main concerns for the campaign. Hopefully some of the later levels really branch out into some more unique looking settings.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Is it kinda weird there doesn't seem to be any different editions to this? It's the polar opposite of the most recent first party release :
apps.63781.13718773309227929.a8f4c7c7-62f8-4ed4-8d43-086fdc28ec05.21e37314-4e23-4fc4-9bc0-c5362e791c74

After waiting 6 years for this game I was kinda ready to go for some sort of deluxe edition if it meant getting Chiefs armour in multiplayer or something.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for the campaign and feeling totally confident in the gameplay end of things but I'm slightly worried about the story. Is this going to be an actual sequel to Halo 4/5 and resolve those plot lines? Will there be an actual ending or left open ended for DLC campaigns (like do we actually fight Atriox in this one)?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm holding off for co-op. It's tradition for me to do a first playthough with friends.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

Can't wait to see Halo Infinite at GDQ. Shit's gonna be wild.