• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How are you playing Halo Infinite?

• I am playing via Gamepass on Xbox Series X/S

Votes: 703 63.2%
  • I am playing via Gamepass on Xbox One/One X

Votes: 35 3.1%
  • I am playing via Gamepass on PC

Votes: 321 28.9%
  • I purchased the campaign on Xbox Series X/S

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • I purchased on Xbox One/OneX

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • I purchased on PC (Steam)

Votes: 63 5.7%
  • I purchased on PC (Windows/Microsoft Store)

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I felt this would be an interesting, possibly enlightening thread but I just wanted to post a thread with a poll to see what's what: especially after reading some of the replies to the Jeff Gerstmann review thread and seeing Era members question why anyone would purchase the game at all.

As for myself, I broke down and purchased the game on Steam since I've logged in over 40 hours already on the Multiplayer alone and I just prefer to buy my games where I want them instead of relying on Gamepass. Just finished installing the game and going to check it out soon for a good while.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I would have liked to play this on the PC. But I have a 570 and I think I would get around 10FPS at 720p on it.

Buying a GPU right now is insanity anyway. So I picked up a Series S when I saw the MP performance. Already had gamepass.

OP
OP
InspectorJones

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

zapo

Nov 9, 2020
bought on steam but have game pass ultimate, im an idiot but wanted to support 343 studios haha

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Should allow multiple choices. I will play on both PC (when my wife is using the TV) and Series X.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Playing with Gamepass on PC.

Ryzen 5000, RTX 3080. DualShock 4 and Ultrawide monitor. It's a very refined shooter with excellent audio, I'm having good fun.
The technical issues discussed are definitely there but (on my machine) they can mostly be ignored.

I had a problem getting my Sony 1000MX3 headset to work past the main menu screen but wiring it helped.
Also, like some noted, it was slightly non-ideal how one installs this game on the PC Xbox App (at least for us whom only came for the campaign). I guess they don't want to bake-in the campaign as part of the fundamental download for the long-run (as likely it's the MP that will stick).

Last edited:

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I got game pass for PC for $1 until February lol.. I'd be insane to buy this game on Steam.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm legitimately surprised by how much Game Pass has changed things. That poll result is impressive.

OP
OP
InspectorJones

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Should allow multiple choices. I will play on both PC (when my wife is using the TV) and Series X.

Okay I edited the poll so users can now select multiple. I should have done that from the start.

Sadly I cannot include the Xcloud Option but really I wouldn't want to omit any of the choices I included at the start.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
I would have bought it but instead I've subbed for 1 month (already cancelled so I don't forget) of gamepass.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
If you assume this poll is a representative sample, and the steam player count is only 7% of the total player base then there has been about 1.6m players today so far.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
My only Xbox is a One X and I was encouraged to see the DF breakdown showing it's actually a decent way to play it. I was considering playing on PC but it sounds like performance isn't amazing (the stutters in particular seem off-putting) and I kinda want to play on my couch. So probably start on One X and if it's not great I'll switch to PC. Or just jump between both. One thing I won't do, which I had thought maybe I would do, is play on my console via xCloud.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Steam. I like Halo, historically (on the Xbox and Xbox 360). The multiplayer is good, the impressions were good.

BobSaac2

Jan 6, 2021
Xcloud.

I don't know specifically what improved (maybe the service itself?), but after I changed my internet provider, cables, and started using Edge with the new Clarity boost feature, the overall experience is at another level. Image quality on my 4k TV is VERY good, seems at least 1080p with minimal input delay (hard to notice tbh).

I'm not a regular subscriber of Game Pass, as I don't see much value overall, but paying 1 USD here and there to play specific games, is an insane deal.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
GamePass on Series S. PC gamepass and windows store have fucked up too many times. Plus, I'm not gonna be playing it seriously or long term. Just a quick run through the campaign to see where the series has ended up.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
I'm not playing the game day 1, waiting for co op, but I own the game through buying the Series X console bundle.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Series X with GPU. The promise has finally been fully realized in 2021.

Siam Shade

Jun 1, 2018
I'm not into Halo, so without Gamepass I wouldn't even buy it. Now that I've played, I'm feeling hooked to the universe.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jeez y'all really go all-in on new generations huh

playing on one x game pass. game looks great.