• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
The game looks amazing. It's just so clean and buttery smooth. But most importantly the game looks fun.

Some people wanted better graphics over 60fps and open world'ness. That fine. But there's so much hyperbole going around. LOL. Looks worse than Halo 3, Halo's ME Andromeda etc.... Pretty hilarious actually.
It is a bit jarring the difference between the cinematic graphics style and the open world section. It doesn't look like the same art direction. One looks very stylized realistic while the other looks flat and almost cartoonish.
I don't mind one or the other but they should stick with one for all cases.
I will say the gameplay section looks like it's straight up missing effects. It just looks so flat and evenly lighted.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
OP should put this trailer up. It's a separate gameplay trailer that shows a lot of the same footage but some new stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
LfK88cU.png

People are hyprocrits. Everybody pretends they only care about performance and graphics don't matter. But suddenly everybody is crying if the games turn out like this

That says 30-60 FPS stable, not sure what you're getting at? Most would like a smooth running game that's not a shock. I would take this game at 30 FPS and for it to look way better than it does. I also didn't expect to sacrifice this much on the graphics side on a 12tflops console.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the Bungie Halo games and I think the game looks great. I kinda hate how all the discussion around most reveals is only about graphics now. I suppose it should be expected during new console launches.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
If they turned on the SSAO and made adjustments to lighting it could make a big difference. The style of the game is flat, but they can still improve it while keeping the style.

I'm cheering for them to make some improvements in the final ~4 months of polish.

Graphics aside, the gameplay looks like pure Halo and ridiculously fun. Sooooooooooooooo much focus on the graphics.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
The game doesn't look bad... the visual style is just incredibly dull. Like everything and everyone looks like it's made of plastic.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Looks like Halo, nice big open playground to have fun in. Really surprised to see all that detail pop in though. Really took me back to Halo 2 there!

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
343i says that the gameplay demo we saw ran on a pc and is alike what to expect on Xbox Series X.

www.xboxygen.com

La démo Halo Infinite tournait sur PC et elle est « représentative » de la version Xbox Series X

Halo Infinite s'est montré aujourd'hui avec les toutes premières phases de gameplay. 343 Industries a ainsi levé le voile sur les ambitions de ce nouvel opus qui, (...)
They don't even have it running on XSX well enough to be shown yet? Yikes.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
gameplay looks fun, just doesn't look like a next gen game. interested to see how it looks on a One S cause if i can get that gameplay at lie 900p i probably dont need to upgrade to a series X.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The artistic design for the Banished base/equipment is super weird. It just looks human. Reminds me of Mass Effect 2. Its super bland.

To be fair, that is what the Banished are all about. They scavenge and make makeshift equipment. Atriox famously has human ODST armor as part of his armor plates. It's why they have additional metals on top of old covy vehicles.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the Bungie Halo games and I think the game looks great. I kinda hate how all the discussion around most reveals is only about graphics now. I suppose it should be expected during new console launches.

It's definitely because it's a new console launch, they also didn't do a particularly good job with the gameplay aspect, I wanted to see more grapple hook, and there's even a trailer with some shock grenade that looked sweet that they didn't show off here.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a very bad idea to show off an open world game and focus on one small part of the world. Let's see some different environments in this vast world.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone know what this was played on? Would have been nice if they showed it running on the Xbox One X.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Considering how they basically just ran through a demo chunk of the game without any special treatment, these visuals aren't exactly bumming me out.
Up close during cutscenes it looks fantastic. I still believe the reason the open world looks so rough is they were aiming for ray tracing and had to simplify all of the materials and textures for it to hit performance standards. Without ray tracing like we see in the demo, it looks rough.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Wow, I didn't even hear about this. Unbelievable.
It "worked", it was actually functional unlike launch MCC. But each game had its own problems. Sound and framerate with Reach, hit detection with CE, a glitch where you could shoot the ground and kill players in Halo 2...various audio and visual bugs. Forge didn't get added until just recently. Just very, very sloppy.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Huh guess I just wasn't aware that this was a common practice.

I don't think it's common, the public test server concept seems more common for sure, but it's not entirely unheard of. With Sea of Thieves... I don't really know too much about the programme as it is post-launch but pre-launch it suffered from being a group of people that were all massive fans of Rare/Sea of Thieves to the point that they struggled to give constructive criticism. Clearly Sea of Thieves has improved a lot (in most areas) so they must be doing something right.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I just got up and watched the trailer. I thought it looked good. Well, the guns looks strangely low res and the brute character model was a bit of a woof, but the environment was pretty and I liked the animations and just being back in the halo aesthetic, so I was pleased.

Let me go see how the rest of era appreciates the trail-

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Oct 27, 2017
It's just.. inconsistent.

There are still images of this game that look really good, and others that look.. really, really bad. You can easily find screen grabs that support your argument whether you think this looks great or like hot shit.

I'm not blown away but I generally favour stylised visuals. I am looking forward to seeing it at 21:9 and 1440p.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
In may end up great in the end but heck that there are already countless hilarious memes on this reveal tells you all about how it went, so disappointing

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think some of the graphics criticism is unfair. Such as the picture of a detailed gun from 5 next to one from Infinite. With Infinite, they are definitely going for another art style. One that is more reminiscent of H1/2/3 which was a bit more cartoony. Granted that was more due to hardware limitation than that it was a deliberate artistic choice.

With Reach onwards, the games went in a more graphically detailed direction which leaned more into realism, which never quite suited the Halo franchise in my opinion. It made everything extremely over-designed and cluttered. Especially if you look at the character design for multiplayer skins, the guns, and the maps themselves. And that cluttered map design also started to have a negative impact on the gameplay with all the unnecessary nooks and crannies you could get your grenades stuck in.

So in that sense, I'm extremely happy with the more simplistic art direction. But as I want to be wowed by next-gen consoles this is just isn't the game and in that sense ridiculously disappointing.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I've been out of the Halo loop (ha) since 4, what happened to the enemies that were in 4? They not in this?

Not that I'd miss them they weren't fun to fight at all on higher difficulties.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
343i says that the gameplay demo we saw ran on a pc and is alike what to expect on Xbox Series X.

www.xboxygen.com

La démo Halo Infinite tournait sur PC et elle est « représentative » de la version Xbox Series X

Halo Infinite s'est montré aujourd'hui avec les toutes premières phases de gameplay. 343 Industries a ainsi levé le voile sur les ambitions de ce nouvel opus qui, (...)

how reliable is this? i honestly tought it was running on a Xbox One. lame.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

They didn't show off enough to draw attention away from the graphics. If Halo is going open world, show more of what can be done in the game. They showed a super basic overview of a battle or two that we've seen a million times before in Halo reveals. Thats the biggest disappointment to me personally, but I'm sure we'll see a lot more soon.