• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Graphics wasn't a problem it was the gameplay, I'm looking for something to replace Destiny and that aint it chief I'm disappointed but will probably still get it hopefully future demos will impress

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Feels like Halo should have been a homerun, but there's a lot of mixed opinions here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Please 343 get new art designers. The style of no textures on fucking anything looks like shit, and does not fit into halo one bit. Look at Halo 3 and Halo 4 and use those styles stop trying to be innovative when your entire game looks like there was no textures put into it.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Having to run on current-gen has some to do with the underwhelming visuals, but it's mostly the art style. It's just poor. Some stuff is rendered very realistically, and some stuff looks like it's made of Mega Bloks. Which just means nothing looks good. Thankfully the gameplay should be great. Open world-ish + grapple hook should make for lots of fun.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Lol, I was going to make a joke about how everything looks boxy like it was made in lego, then I saw this on the steam page and didn't realize how accurate that statement was.
ss_cdc09b109aeefafcd44a2281c5e49b08bfe6ce38.1920x1080.jpg

The Halo Megablocks game we all wanted...

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I mean it looks like Halo I guess lol. But gameplay looked so stiff and slow by today's standards, I was expecting more... The environments looked okay, but for something that's supposed to be releasing alongside the new Xbox, it just doesn't look next gen at all. Overall it's a pretty big disappointment

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
That was unfortunately very underwhelming. It's Halo so the gameplay will be great, but there were lots of pop-ins and was def disappointing graphically (60fps is nice though). I need to find a direct feed trailer though as I know YouTube sucks.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I never played a Halo game but what I just saw wouldn't make me want to play it. It feels very old-school in the wrong way: no innovative mechanics, no depth, simplistic artstyle... not necessarily bad things, but this isn't for me.

Also, what's with the heavy pop-in? I expected that to be a lot less prevalent.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
So many bad takes in here, the game looks fantastic and will be day one for me. JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

Poker Face

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm being honest I'm not impressed. Halo is a hard game to demo...but the game visually looks pretty underwhelming. Trying to reference CE on the cover...and then chief sprints lol. Gun design also isn't great either.

Fooled me once with Halo 4, fooled me twice with Halo 5, not fooling me again.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting a much bigger open world, that section didnt seem impressive. Also, I was expecting the art to look a lot more gritty. Not colourless, but grittier.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Damn it was disappointing. The grappling hook looks janky as fuck. Good lord, what a bad demo that was.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf was up with all the grass pop in like 2m in front of the camera ?

If you had told me that was Xbox one X gameplay I wouldn't have been particularly impressed, let alone Series X

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
The king is back. I thought the gameplay looked incredible and the soundtrack sounded so Halo. Visually it didn't wow me but I need to see it on my screen at 4k

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I have to watch the 4K upload, but I'm kind of surprised at everyone knocking this. It's an open world game running at 60fps and 4k... and clearly they made the decision to try to return to the series roots with the art-style. I thought it looked great.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Looks like a fun time, but nothing ground-breaking. Maybe I was just expecting too much. The grapple hook might be fun to mess around with

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the reveal and it seemed like they were going for a Halo CE callback with the landing area. Also liked the sound design, especially the shield recharge noise and the choir.

*Very* interested in what the open is gonna be like and how they incorporate the classic linear Halo portions. Looked like the map was split up with maybe one objective per part.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely rough looking... I can't believe we waited 5 years for this. Hopefully, the more we see the better it looks but I'm not holding my breath.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they may have overcorrected a bit to please the purists while still insisting on sprint and now a grappling hook. I think it was just a bad reveal. They didn't even point out it's open-world until after the gameplay.