• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Dig the setting! But dang, hope we at least get one or two symmetrical maps at launch…

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
'"IGN will have exclusive Halo Infinite coverage all November long as part of our IGN First editorial initiative."
"Yes, I played the campaign. A lot of it."

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Nice! Reminds me of one of Halo 5's best maps. So happy that we are getting maps that weren't just Forge created ones.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Schermafbeelding_2021-11-01_170750.png

giphy.gif

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Isn't this the guy who gave Halo 4 a 9.8 out of 10?
Ryan is one of the very best people at IGN, but yeah that review was rough.

I liked the DLC that 343 did for Halo Reach, so that plus the IGN review had me beyond hyped for Halo 4. I remember playing it and feeling so let down. It's not a bad game, just mediocre, but compared to the Bungie Halo games, it was such a significant step back.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Dig the setting! But dang, hope we at least get one or two symmetrical maps at launch…
Well you have Behemoth already, and I expect there will be more... the MP designer in the video mentions that CTF game modes are best on symmetrical maps, so I'm sure they will have some to fit that need

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Had a feeling IGN are doing a First for Halo ever since Ryan mentioned he had been away and couldn't talk about it.

The map looks very clean.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, does this map look stunning both from a fidelity standpoint and with its small detail.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Going through the video at the moment but right off the bat, I LOVE the art, it looks amazing and so very... golden era Halo. The Halo I love.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Really like the look of this map, reminds me of the Halo 5 map Plaza a bit, but with a subjectively more appealing art style. Love the fact that Infinite maps seem to be more interesting visually and design wise - glad we won't be stuck with forge maps at launch

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Skybox of the space elevator and city is nice. I like the holo dog ad lol. Lighting and reflectivity looks nice, but everything still looks readable in this nighttime setting. Also, is it just me or do the rockets send the bodies absolutely flying now?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it looks good as a general FPS map, but it doesn't look like a Halo map. It looks like it could be any random FPS map from COD to Counter-Strike.

I wish we could get more maps that actually feel like they belong in the Halo universe. Behemoth was great, but 343 doesn't seem very interested in giving us more outdoor, open maps with Forerunner or Covenant archecture. It's all urban/city/industrial themed maps.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Well you have Behemoth already, and I expect there will be more... the MP designer in the video mentions that CTF game modes are best on symmetrical maps, so I'm sure they will have some to fit that need
Yes… that's true. I enjoy that map but it's not quite what I'm after for 4v4 comp. But I take your point and also heard what the designer said, so fingers crossed!

I will say he also mentioned trying to limit sight lines to certain engagements with trees and such… Bazaar could really use some of that IMO because there is zero visual break-up of the long sight lines in the middle.