• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
The movement and feel of 5 is definitely top of its class and I love Warzone FF. I hope they keep that going forward and give me a campaign I want to reply with Infinite.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
60fps, all new gameplay stuff like running, iron sight , power charge , climbing ....its great.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
i liked halo 4 campaign,i think it is a worthy entry to the franchise. I only disliked the airship segments

Nov 7, 2019
Halo 4's entire story/campaign, I also really enjoyed the multiplayer. Halo 5's gameplay/multiplayer I also enjoyed some aspects of the campaign.

Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn movie, the Greg Bear Forerunner trilogy, a slew of other books and of course the Master Chief Collection.

343 has made mistakes, and of course they aren't perfect but I think they've done a good job handling the IP.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I like thrust as well as the move to 60fps. Those are just off the top of my head, but there is more as well.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
60fps
sprint where you don't regenerate shield while running.
gun balance and even starts
no loadouts
clamber

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
60fps and bringing more story into the main games. Though I do think they haven't found the balance of have EU events influencing the games.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Clamber was alright but the thrusters were really dope. The gunplay itself is also really tight in 5.

Everything else though...

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The warthog seat change is one I forgot to give credit for.

I also need to give kudos them for getting Forge on PC.

I'll still maintain that sprint has never worked and never will... but I guess H5s implementation is less terrible than the 2 previous installments. But thrusters and stabilizers have promise.

I doubt they'll ditch Spartan Abilities, but They'd earn my undying respect if the launched Infinite with a Spartan Ability Arena, and a classic Arena that tweaked player attributes such that those same maps could be navigated w/o sprint and clamber

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Weapon balancing. Every weapon feels different and fun, but still viable. By the time they released Reach, Bungie weapons were a mess. The AR and needler were complete trash. 343i made them useful again. I love the Promethean weapons.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
60fps only.

Everything else ruined Halo, and ironically, with the devs chasing the in-vogue mechanics of other FPS games for relevance, they ended up stripping Halo of its identity and made it irrelevant.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I really liked Halo 4. Graphics were a big step up and still look great today. The music was not Marty but I still found it to be superb and emotional. The story gave Chief a personal story and done more for his character than other titles.

I love what they have done with the MCC. And whilst Halo 5's campaign really felt quite boring and uninteresting, I have a lot of confidence in the talent of that studio.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
60 FPS and Atriox. Awesome character and a really smart way to bring Aliens back into the narrative.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
60FPS
Mechanics(please don't roll anything back)
Warzone
Warzone Firefight
Forge updates
Weapon feel and sounds

Bad: Warden

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The descriptions dont really even fit what was shown. Granted his eyes are in the shadow but i think its safe to say that hos eyes are dark in h5 when they were supposed to be blue. Anyway thats not the point.
Didnt he get alien-augmented in the game at some point or something (Halo 4)? I honestly forget what that was all about.

But anyway its such a dirty retcon of what Master Chief REALLY looks like:
hqdefault.jpg

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People bringing up ADS as if the guns didn't shoot straight prior to Halo 5.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Putting Greg Bear in charge of the forerunner and flood backstory. His three books is like having Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos dropped into the ancient Halo Universe. His work elevated the series so much from where it were after Halo 3 and Reach. People also don't appreciate nearly enough how fateful his books are to the earlier Bungie source material, whatever he added or changed were purely for the better.

The writing in Halo 4 between the Chief and Cortana. The Bungie games did not, for the most part, have good writing. I love Halo CE:s story but that's mostly because of the general pacing, mystery and atmosphere of it all, and a lot of that is due to the music and level design of that game, not due to the writing in itself.

Last edited:

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Crouch while moving is good low key one. Both my brother and I have been replaying the games recently and we thought not being able to do so was a bug or something at first.
It's pretty easy to notice when going back, yeah. CE is the worst since you leave crouch if the stick is fully pushed.