• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Releasing a Halo game that only will be really playable in NA is ironic and even there it is not widespread? Especially because the concept sounds cool

They said in the video they're starting the rollout at Dave and Buster's in the US and Canada, then launching worldwide.

It's not like these things are probably easy to ship or manufacture.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They said in the video they're starting the rollout at Dave and Buster's in the US and Canada, then launching worldwide.

It's not like these things are probably easy to ship or manufacture.

I learned a lot about (deluxe, bespoke) coin-op manufacture, shipping and even how they create the re-assembly instructions for the arcade owners. A huge amount of engineering goes into creating systems that can be assembled or taken apart easily. Also, this machine is MASSIVE - and something really cool happens physically, when you complete the game.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Well it's certainly is a Halo platform exclusive... a D&B exclusive. :/

I do like when its set and its concept though and there is a D&B nearby so.. yeah I'd play it.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think this looks really awesome and it's cool that 'arcades' are getting stuff like this and not just blown up phone games which is what I often see.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
VR arcades are the new shiz, 343. Make a VR arcade Halo game then slowly fall into my plan of making a true VR Halo game that changes VR multiplayer games forever!

This looks fun enough for a go.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
You have to wonder what goes on in 343 sometimes, they mess up MCC but redeem themselves somewhat by going back and fixing it.

They royally screw up 4 and especially 5, My God 5 sucks, and I'm a massive Halo guy, probably in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time and Halo: CE is my all time fave game, but come on there are plenty of things fans are crying out for and you go waste money on an Arcade Machine which I can probably guess most people on here are never gonna play or even see.

Makes me worried about Halo 6.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I'll make a trip out to D&B to play this with my kid. Last time we went there was to try out the Star Wars battle pod, which was pretty cool.

Oct 27, 2017
You have to wonder what goes on in 343 sometimes, they mess up MCC but redeem themselves somewhat by going back and fixing it.

They royally screw up 4 and especially 5, My God 5 sucks, and I'm a massive Halo guy, probably in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time and Halo: CE is my all time fave game, but come on there are plenty of things fans are crying out for and you go waste money on an Arcade Machine which I can probably guess most people on here are never gonna play or even see.

You don't read much do you. Nice contribution

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I learned a lot about (deluxe, bespoke) coin-op manufacture, shipping and even how they create the re-assembly instructions for the arcade owners. A huge amount of engineering goes into creating systems that can be assembled or taken apart easily. Also, this machine is MASSIVE - and something really cool happens physically, when you complete the game.

Frankie are there plans to expand it to Mexico in the future? I would love to play it I also know on which popular malls it would become a great hit

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Thanks for clearing that up

Of course. I'm tired of the vitriol and whining going on in these threads. Deal with enough of it from some of my students (7th graders), so wanted to help clear things up.

What's been your favorite part of the process? My wife and I love arcades, especially pinball, so to get an inside peek at the whole process must be fascinating.

Except 343i didn't make it. The arcade machine manufacturer developed the game. 343 just provided oversight and assets...

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry TheDave but you're fundamentally misunderstanding how this or any other franchise works. What you're complaining about here is akin to telling JJ Abramson he's ruining Star Wars because you can buy a die cast x wing fighter.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A brand new 4 player arcade game in 2018 and you're disappointed?

Fuck you guys.

Bless you Eugene.

Bleugene.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
We don't have distribution details yet but it's going to end up anywhere there's demand - and Halo us remarkably big in MX

All right Frankie thank you for your answer when the time comes if you need help with the locations etc you know you can count with me :) P.S missed you on the Mexico city LAN this past march, next time you come we could hang out we did it with Uny Tashi Stongside Mike etc it was very cool

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely be checking this out. I feel like Raw Thrills produces 99% of new arcade realeases.

What the hell is wrong with this forum that there is such negativity surrounding a new light gun shooter arcade machine, from the team behind many of the classics? I thought this was a gaming enthusiast forum!

Yeah I'm whining.
That was your mistake, this is primarily a console enthusiast forum.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll definitely be checking this out. I feel like Raw Thrills produces 99% of new arcade realeases.

That was your mistake, this is primarily a console enthusiast forum.

Actually, you're mistaken, this is primarily a offline narrative-focused linear single-player AAA adventure game (with no loot boxes!!!!!!!!!!!) enthusiast forum.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Sounds good to me, I have a dave and busters 20mins away. Galloping Ghost in Chicago will probably get one. I'll check it out when it shows up, the ghostbusters, lugi's mansion, spiderman, and tomb raider games have all been fun event arcade games.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Was so disappointed reading Halo is back on a railshooter arcade game... But I have to say this trailer really sold me on this and I would love to try it out with friends.

I remember back in the days I wanted to send a letter to 343 Industries for support. Reading some comments about Halo again there makes me think I should have.

I get the frustration but I can't imagine why people have to claim they are true Halo fans and Halo 4 and 5 stinks, stating this as a fact. It really saddens me because it's obvious 343 are full of talents and they love their franchise.

What they pulled off within two games, taking over a well known franchise that had been worked on for a decade and sold gangbusters. Kudos. And I love what they did and can't wait to see some more.

I want 343 Industries' Halo, not Bungies. I had plenty of games from them and thanks to Microsoft I can play every past Halo games on my Xbox for nostalgia.

And yeah I am a massive Halo fan, bought every games and played a bunch of MP (especially 3 and 5), so, to each their own truth.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
You don't read much do you. Nice contribution

Except 343i didn't make it. The arcade machine manufacturer developed the game. 343 just provided oversight and assets...

Sorry TheDave but you're fundamentally misunderstanding how this or any other franchise works. What you're complaining about here is akin to telling JJ Abramson he's ruining Star Wars because you can buy a die cast x wing fighter.

Yep my bad, just reread it, this time I wasn't watching TV whilst doing so, I take my comment back about 343i making this, I suppose it should be aimed more at MS then.

As for my comments on MCC, Halo 4 and 5 they still stand, also a lot less worried now about Halo 6 now that I realised the error of my ways about Halo Fireteam Raven being developed by 343i, and by error of my ways I mean put in my place.

My bad.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
We video gamers can all be a cynical and sad bunch at times. I am just enjoying this for what it is, a fun surprise that my 3 boys and I will play together at Dave and Buster's this summer. We will no doubt have a blast as we love Halo. Halo 6 will come when it does, this is just more Halo gaming fun variety.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep my bad, just reread it, this time I wasn't watching TV whilst doing so, I take my comment back about 343i making this, I suppose it should be aimed more at MS then.

As for my comments on MCC, Halo 4 and 5 they still stand, also a lot less worried now about Halo 6 now that I realised the error of my ways about Halo Fireteam Raven being developed by 343i, and by error of my ways I mean put in my place.

My bad.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this reply. And you're entitled to like or dislike anything you want. And MCC launched into a big mess, a fact I have never shied away from.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this reply. And you're entitled to like or dislike anything you want. And MCC launched into a big mess, a fact I have never shied away from.

Hey when I'm blatantly wrong then I need to own up to it, as for the MCC comment, no you haven't and neither has anyone at 343i which is highly commendable considering the amount of developers out there that release a game in a rough state and do 1 or 2 patches and they think that's fine when infact the game Is still a mess, so yes I'll always have love for 343i for the way they have reacted with MCC.

The opinions on Halo 4 and 5 tho are my own but they are also widespread, but I remember an interview with a 343i employee a while back that said they've taken on the feedback and didn't realise how integral Chief was to the whole franchise and will be sorting many issues out and bringing back that sense of scale, that isn't direct quotes or anything, so some of that could be wrong, it was over a year ago.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo fans and Halo devs getting along, isn't this nice. Faith in Halo 6 reconfirmed!

;)

Man I hope this cabinet makes it to Aus, I'll bang some cash in to see the end game action.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Always wanted to see a Halo arcade game. Skimmed through the playthrough and it looks like they did a great job too!

Hope I can play this one day.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's so weird how all those outsourced spin-offs keep using Bungie's designs. This looks more like Halo than the last two numbered games. So much so that it feels somehow wrong that they're even allowed to ignore 343's house style.
Not that I'm complaining, it's always nice to see Grunts that look like Grunts, it's just so weird.

Username checks out.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's so weird how all those outsourced spin-offs keep using Bungie's designs. This looks more like Halo than the last two numbered games. So much so that it feels somehow wrong that they're even allowed to ignore 343's house style.
Not that I'm complaining, it's always nice to see Grunts that look like Grunts, it's just so weird.

All 2 of those Outsourced games came after the last 343i game. The latest trailer for a 343i games looks much closer to the outsourced games...

343i oversees those games, so I don't think it's a case of them ignoring anyone, but instead a conscious decision to shift away from Halo 4/5's art style.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
All 2 of those Outsourced games came after the last 343i game. The latest trailer for a 343i games looks much closer to the outsourced games...

343i oversees those games, so I don't think it's a case of them ignoring anyone, but instead a conscious decision to shift away from Halo 4/5's art style.
I specifically mentioned the last two numbered sequels, Infinite isn't one of those.

The two mobile Spartan games came out before Halo 5, which is when it would have made most sense to ensure that the franchise has a cohesive look if they're going to turn it upside-down for the main series, book covers, animation and Ready Player One cameos - basically everything except the video game spin-offs. We're still getting at least two more novels with pre-Infinite Spartan designs on the cover (and a yet another brand new Master Chief redesign), so I'm not convinced that the arcade game's art style has much to do with their art team's sudden change of heart.

Username checks out.
I like gruntles.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

i think most people are aware of what style of halo, and which games resonates best with fans, and it isn't 343's games. i agree it's a bit odd to see seemingly no effort being made to make these spins offs consistent with what halo currently is. but i can't say i blame them...hell, even 343 looks like they're going back to the bungie style most people prefer. at least based on that tech demo they showed at E3.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I specifically mentioned the last two numbered sequels, Infinite isn't one of those.

The two mobile Spartan games came out before Halo 5, which is when it would have made most sense to ensure that the franchise has a cohesive look if they're going to turn it upside-down for the main series, book covers, animation and Ready Player One cameos - basically everything except the video game spin-offs. We're still getting at least two more novels with pre-Infinite Spartan designs on the cover (and a yet another brand new Master Chief redesign), so I'm not convinced that the arcade game's art style has much to do with their art team's sudden change of heart.

I thought you were specifically referring to Halo Wars 2 and this game as the 2 outsourced Spinoffs, they both use a chunkier more stylized set of characters, similar look to the Halo Infinite trailer we saw.

Halo Wars 2 title screen

I actually thought that Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike used designs fairly in line with Halo 4/5
halo-spartan-bundle-542x312-05e0b6ee2d6748d39a7d6bcccf927b20.jpg

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this shows in Round1's as well. 4-Player is rare in these big arcade games. Usually just 2.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
My random ass local arcade had it. It was awesome. Made my summer. I'm like why do I have to go to the arcade I haven't been here in 10 years and then bam...HALO!