• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Yoooo that looks dope! Maybe I'll finally get out to the burbs and visit a Dave & Busters...

Good on them for throwing it back to Halo: CE; not sure I'd care if it were a more "modern" Halo.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
...Why?

I mean, looks fun and all, but what's the purpose? Brand recognition? Anyone who owns an Xbox owns at least one Halo game already.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
Sure when your drunk with 4 friends and want to co-op this should be fun. but it looks like a 4 player on-rails shooter that once you play once you experienced it. I don't think cinematics and graphics or story are what sells arcade games but fun gameplay. I mean why are people going to keep putting quarters in this halo shooter? They have halo at home, and it's not on-rails, once they experience this cool story why ever play it again? Not many care about high scores in on-rail shooters.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
f1ab580b543ca9b858f73ac1081e3a11.jpg

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's official guys, close all the arcades. Resetera says they are meaningless.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily the first Dave and Busters ever in my state just opened up days ago.

Kind of strange that there wasn't a specific release date announced, if it's coming out within a few months.

Will availability depend on location, or do other Dave and Buster "exclusives" come to all of them?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, this is pretty cool I suppose, though I doubt I'll ever get to play it in my city here in the UK. Hopefully this wasn't the rumoured side project thing, as I'd prefer something I can actually play. Unless of course they end up releasing this on the console.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing a Halo game that only will be really playable in NA is ironic and even there it is not widespread? Especially because the concept sounds cool

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, this is pretty cool I suppose, though I doubt I'll ever get to play it in my city here in the UK. Hopefully this wasn't the rumoured side project thing, as I'd prefer something I can actually play. Unless of course they end up releasing this on the console.

Of course they will, it's perfect game pass fodder too

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course they will, it's perfect game pass fodder too

You kind of do need the gun for it to be more fun though. Otherwise it's basically a dumbed down, overly simplistic take on an FPS.

Something like this would actually be a great fit for VR and a motion control gun adapter.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Sure when your drunk with 4 friends and want to co-op this should be fun. but it looks like a 4 player on-rails shooter that once you play once you experienced it. I don't think cinematics and graphics or story are what sells arcade games but fun gameplay. I mean why are people going to keep putting quarters in this halo shooter? They have halo at home, and it's not on-rails, once they experience this cool story why ever play it again? Not many care about high scores in on-rail shooters.

Graphics used to be a selling point for arcade games, when they were generations ahead of consoles and home computers. Aside from that, what you said is true for all arcade games. Most people will only play for a few quarters, some will get good and finish the game and a few will go for highscores. I don't see the problem with that.

The game looks fun, I wish arcades weren't dead here :(

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool. Some of you handle these types of announcements in a very odd manner.

I want companies like Microsoft and Nintendo to do more cool stuff like this, not less.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
They are getting briefed that Halo is a weapon, but Cortana and Chief don't know that until halfway through Halo CE.

343 gonna 343.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything I habe played from Raw Thrills so far has sucked.

Not sure why MS would not cooperate with a better arcade developer.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It's official guys, close all the arcades. Resetera says they are meaningless.

There are literally 100 Dave and Busters in existence.. I think people are more upset they'll never get to play it, let alone the fact that the first 1st party exclusive announced in years ends up not even being available on the console.

Thats disappointing on all kinds of levels.

Oct 29, 2017
Would have been much more interested in this if the guns were Halo Assault rifles and were attached on cables (a bit like Ghost Squad) rather than a fixed turret.

Free weapons are much more fun.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
There are literally 100 Dave and Busters in existence.. I think people are more upset they'll never get to play it, let alone the fact that the first 1st party exclusive announced in years ends up not even being available on the console.
It's coming to other locations as was stated in this thread.

It's not a 1st party exclusive. Another company clearly developed this. It's to spread the brand. I'm personally not very into it, but I would play it if I was at a D&B for sure.

There's gonna be a Halo at E3 guaranteed.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You kind of do need the gun for it to be more fun though. Otherwise it's basically a dumbed down, overly simplistic take on an FPS.

Something like this would actually be a great fit for VR and a motion control gun adapter.

I enjoyed Confidential Mission and the such on a Pad, it'd be fine.
Everybody else is complaining they will never gets to play it, not that it's a typical looking arcade shooter that is best played in an arcade

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
They are getting briefed that Halo is a weapon, but Cortana and Chief don't know that until halfway through Halo CE.

343 gonna 343.

Tbf, we don't know when that briefing takes place.

But then again, he mentions captain Keyes is putting the Autumn on combat alert, but it had be crashed for awhile by the time Cortana learned what the Halo really was.

It's probably a liberty taken to get arcade goers who haven't place CE up to speed on why they are shooting at things.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Arcade still exist in US?
They have evolved.

Some are bars/ cade hybrids.
Others are full blown restaurants with a very specific collection of games some of which are exclusively made for arcades and simply won't be sold on pc or console.

Then there are the experiences venues. These are places with complex AR setups in addition to arcades.

A place simply being an arcade is very rare.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all are acting like you've never seen a popular console franchise get an exclusive arcade game.

opDGAnl.jpg

2N7MtHB.jpg

I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Oct 27, 2017

Thats disappointing on all kinds of levels.
It's not exclusive to Dave and busters. Just timed essentially. It'll come to other places after a period of time

Also they licensed it out. They didn't actually make this themselves

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Very cool. Some of you handle these types of announcements in a very odd manner.

I want companies like Microsoft and Nintendo to do more cool stuff like this, not less.

Nintendo IP's have been busy in the arcades over recent years.

Luigi's Mansion Arcade
Mario Kart Arcade Edition Deluxe
Cruisin' Blast
Mario Party Challenge
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics
Pokken Tournament
New Super Mario Bros Medal Edition
Donkey Kong Banana Kingdom

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Don't know why this is bad news to some.. game looks fuckin awesome. And you know that shits coming to Xbox one day, but it's an arcade game for now.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Oh wow, not really interested in halo in general but this looks like so much fun to play with a friend or wife.
Loved time crisis as a teenager, so many coins wasted. This looks like it might scratch that itch.

Edit: I wonder if it will ever hit the arcades in my country. They all basically stopped in time, still running the usual virtua fighter, virtua tennis, sega rally racer, taxi driver, etc. Really old stuff.