• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
reach launching with severe audio issues ruined it for me. especially after hyping up how they wouldn't release the PC version until it's ready, but releasing with a glaring problem like that anyway. playing my 360 copy vs the PC version is night and day. muffled gunshots, crackling...etc. i was sorely disappointed with the release. obviously not a xb1 MCC level disaster but it shows that they haven't learned their lesson.

even in their latest blog addressing it, they still don't have an ETA for when they'll fix the audio problems.

Is this what people are talking about when they say audio issues? Jesus Christ that's horrible, I can understand why people are mad.

I beat the game with no issues though, could be due to my headset? Wonder if these issues are only on speakers.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what people are talking about when they say audio issues? Jesus Christ that's horrible, I can understand why people are mad.

I beat the game with no issues though, could be due to my headset? Wonder if these issues are only on speakers.

It seems to be random, there are other audio oddities but nowhere near as severe. Halo 1 though is not impacted by this issue though.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
My audio isn't like that, it is just quiet, like the mix is bad but it never glitched like that.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got removed from a matchmaking search due a member of my party idling. Ok, I was just waiting for the last spot of 8 to fill all on my own, was taking minutes to find an OBJ match. I guess I have to twiddle the thumbsticks constantly instead of doing something on the other screen. Silly process there 343.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Another before and after, i just notice how ugly CEA pistol looks, i need a mod to use CE..
halocebmjw1.jpg

haloceag2kn6.jpg
The whole game is ugly as sin, it does a terrible job at transferring over the artstyle.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

I didn't experience that for a second but the audio levels were all messed up for me. The gun sounds and game effects were almost muted compared to the dialogue and music audio. Combat lacked impact and I forced myself to finish the game. Wasn't an ideal way to play the game but that crackling issue is unbearable in that video.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
So wait, is it only the classic version that's running poorly? I have a 7700k machine and a 2500k machine, and I'm trying to benchmark both to see if it affects me too.

For people having FPS issues do you have your power mode set to "high performance"? Not saying this will fix it, but i'm just curious because i'm not having any issues in either mode.

It affects some people. I tried max performance mode, but it only made the issue occur less often.

I just ended up adding hella reshade shaders and enabling 2xDSR during multiplayer since I have the headroom :/

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got removed from a matchmaking search due a member of my party idling. Ok, I was just waiting for the last spot of 8 to fill all on my own, was taking minutes to find an OBJ match. I guess I have to twiddle the thumbsticks constantly instead of doing something on the other screen. Silly process there 343.

And again same goes for searching BTB + CE + OBJ only. I'm not idle, I'm waiting for the game I want, update please.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Don't think I've ever crashed when playing Reach but every once in a while I get a fatal error when playing both single and multiplayer CEA.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I know they said they are gonna fix the audio issues, but are they ever going to fix this fucking smiley on Noble Six's chest plate?

6ydqTrU.jpg

I did not choose this emblem and I wasn't the only one with this glitch in their campaign. There wasn't a way to remove it at launch and I just checked and it's still there.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking this in an industry full of Cod and Battlefields.

Once again you are being childish. An audio bug caused by how the Xbox 360 output audio is an at most inconvenience compared to the issues that plagued the MCC at launch in 2014. If they didn't learn from that then the MCC on Xbox would not only still be broken but they wouldn't be having open dialogue with the community or holding these test flights.

The audio issue is an absolute game breaking issue to many including myself to the point they refuse to play Reach until it's fixed. I refund MCC and they won't see a dime until it's fixed.

Just because you apparently don't give a shit about audio in games don't assume others feel like same.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
I know they said they are gonna fix the audio issues, but are they ever going to fix this fucking smiley on Noble Six's chest plate?

6ydqTrU.jpg

I did not choose this emblem and I wasn't the only one with this glitch in their campaign. There wasn't a way to remove it at launch and I just checked and it's still there.
This irks me to no end. Especially considering fan rebalances of Reach remove the Smiley face.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The audio issue is an absolute game breaking issue to many including myself to the point they refuse to play Reach until it's fixed. I refund MCC and they won't see a dime until it's fixed.

Just because you apparently don't give a shit about audio in games don't assume others feel like same.
Never said I didn't care about audio, I just don't give a shit about people making a mountain of an anthill and continue to shitpost by ignoring/disregarding official statements from 343i. Armchair developers are the worst.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Is this what people are talking about when they say audio issues?
Having the audio totally glitched out like that is rare. Most people are referring to the differences in mixing and filtering that apply to everybody, due to the sound system being rebuilt from the ground up: it's mostly functional, but when you're used to the 360 version, it's comparatively extremely poor.

3 and ODST also feature inaccurate audio ports, although it's far less bad.

I only have the XB1 version on MCC, so I can't speak to the status of Halo 1's classic sounds. 343i claims that the XB1 version of MCC supports classic sounds in campaign, but as far as I can tell the toggle still only affects the music, just like when CEA first released in 2011.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having the audio totally glitched out like that is rare. Most people are referring to the differences in mixing and filtering that apply to everybody, due to the sound system being rebuilt from the ground up: it's mostly functional, but when you're used to the 360 version, it's comparatively extremely poor.

3 and ODST also feature inaccurate audio ports, although it's far less bad.

I only have the XB1 version on MCC, so I can't speak to the status of Halo 1's classic sounds. 343i claims that the XB1 version of MCC supports classic sounds in campaign, but as far as I can tell the toggle still only affects the music, just like when CEA first released in 2011.

I think you are mistaking it for H2A.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
I think you are mistaking it for H2A.
I am not. From the February MCC Development Update:
One of the top requested features from our community for Halo: CE that we wanted to investigate is the following: "Classic MP audio is not used in MP." This option for Campaign audio was one that already existed in MCC on Xbox as shown below, but players only had the option for the updated audio for Halo: CE Anniversary in Multiplayer.
The image below this text shows the toggle for classic versus remastered CE campaign audio.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
The whole game is ugly as sin, it does a terrible job at transferring over the artstyle.
So much of it just uses repurposed assets from Reach. It feels so out of place. Halo 2 Anniversary did such a better job it's like night and day. Applying a different game's art style to a remake of one of the biggest games of all time just feels so wrong to me.

It's unlikely anytime in the near future, but I'd love to see them take another shot at remastering it. I just really want a Blur cinematic of that Flood reveal too.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
I think they simply meant classic music.
If Postums simply meant classic music, then the comparison to the MP sound mode selection makes no sense. CE MP has never had any music, and the sound selection being added to the game is for the non-music sound effects. To say that the same toggle exists for campaign is simply wrong.

the update isn't out for console yet i don't think
Obviously not. But Postums is claiming that it is a feature that has already been supported.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
Never said I didn't care about audio, I just don't give a shit about people making a mountain of an anthill and continue to shitpost by ignoring/disregarding official statements from 343i. Armchair developers are the worst.
Ignore this guy
He's the one who made thread about Journey port being garbage because of some sound problem

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
Yup the sound mixing being completely broken in Journey and Reach sure are minor issues. Oh wait NO THEY FUCKING AREN'T.

They aren't minor. but they aren't major either. They don't completely break the game, but you can still enjoy the game with the audio mixing issues. You're blowing it way out of proportion.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
They aren't minor. but they aren't major either. They don't completely break the game, but you can still enjoy the game with the audio mixing issues. You're blowing it way out of proportion.
Agreed, it is an issue, but not nearly as bad of one as he keeps trying to make it out to be. All hes doing is just coming across as extremely whiny without actually trying to convince people its more of an issue

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Backseat modding much?

Halo Reach is also a part of MCC. People can easily talk about it because it was the prior release to Halo CE.

Shocking I know.
So aggressive..
Opinions and stating facts is backseat modding know oke. Reach has its own OT. This is about Halo CE releasing on PC and yet we need to skim to posts and posts about Reach to find a conversation about the actual topic at hand wich is Halo CE.

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
So, what do people mostly recommend, new enhanced graphics or original? Considering that this is my first time playing Halo and I have no problem playing it the OG way, what would ERA recommend as a first time experience?

Also, what's the difference between classic and enhanced audio for single player? Have they rerecorded the voices again?

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
So, what do people mostly recommend, new enhanced graphics or original? Considering that this is my first time playing Halo and I have no problem playing it the OG way, what would ERA recommend as a first time experience?
If you didn't play the original I would say the newer graphics are good. Old graphics mode is more for nostalgia sake imo

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Also, what's the difference between classic and enhanced audio for single player? Have they rerecorded the voices again?
I recommend the original first if this is your first time playing. I prefer the artstyle over the enhanced graphics though enhanced isn't half bad either.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

For graphics it's up to you. I think the remaster graphics are hit or miss and miss some of what I like most about the original game's art direction, but if you've never experienced it you might not feel the same nostalgia. The main difference is that the original graphics have a very clean, simple look and the new graphics are a lot busier.

For audio, stick to the original. The re-orchestrated soundtrack is baaad, and was completely unnecessary. Halo CE is one of the best OSTs of all time and the anniversary changes butcher it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The voices are original.

Everything else has been redone - Weapons, vehicles, music, and I'm pretty sure environments.

The remastered audio is actually pretty good and I don't mind playing with it - The redone music is the same pieces re-recorded at Skywalker Ranch IIRC, so there's less synthy sounding instruments. The weapons are mostly pretty true to the original, but pack a way bigger punch and a more modern sound. Playing with old graphics and new audio might be a little strange.

I like both, but if you want to experience CE at its "truest", then definitely go with the old audio.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i wanna play halo games, never played em., but reach sound mixing is so bad that i decided to wait till they fix it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll post some comparison tracks if people would like to listen to the differences in the music. I think overall I prefer the classic style, but I really do enjoy using the new audio and new graphics from time to time. It definitely felt like a new experience when it first came out despite playing exactly the same.

i wanna play halo games, never played em., but reach sound mixing is so bad that i decided to wait till they fix it.

If it's any consolation, you really shouldn't play Reach as your first Halo game anyway.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Same! It's a long time that i am waiting the classic sounds for CEA in campaign so I was really confused by Postum post mentioning it was already supported in mcc x1. I went to check to be sure and it's as usual only the music unfortunately.

So i don't know what is happening there, will this feature come with the CEA season update on xbox one?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really? Is it not released in chronological order., story wise ? I played first halo when it was released , but thats it

Story-wise, sure. It's a bit like watching Rogue One before watching the original Star Wars, for whatever that's worth.

But everything gameplay wise starts with the first game of course. It has probably the best weapon and enemy sandbox. Halo: Reach has a lot of clutter going on. I know a good amount of people love it, but I find it a mediocre shooter when played solo, whereas Combat Evolved literally changed console shooters forever and set the ground rules for a lot of things, even outside of Halo.

So I guess it depends on your priorities.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Story-wise, sure. It's a bit like watching Rogue One before watching the original Star Wars, for whatever that's worth.

But everything gameplay wise starts with the first game of course. It has probably the best weapon and enemy sandbox. Halo: Reach has a lot of clutter going on. I know a good amount of people love it, but I find it a mediocre shooter when played solo, whereas Combat Evolved literally changed console shooters forever and set the ground rules for a lot of things, even outside of Halo.

So I guess it depends on your priorities.
oh yeah, i guess youre right . Release order is how people played those game too ,lol. So i probably should play first one lol

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So I played Halo Reach with Unlimited framerate and it felt really bad. Has it always been this bad?

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I'll wonder why is to friggin difficult to add some simple graphical effect in a 2020 port of a 2001 game. Why every single port of this game has botched this small detail??

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are. This is something very sad as the fps unlocking mod for Halo CE on PC allows them to run uncapped with no problems I am aware of, among other advantages.
Well, let's just hope that 343 fixes it someday, or some modders can make it happen with the MCC version.

Is the DF crew going to be doing a video on this port?