• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
look at this!!!!

wJvpWwP.jpg

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ran around in a Spartan Ops and around some maps offline and damn, the game is smooth just as Halo 3 is with the graphics of H2A.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
i am really really excited. it also runs smoothly at 120hz so far. no issues that i have noticed. and such a beauty...

lrOOHZy.jpg

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked framerate works beautifully. I'm not even sure that the plasma pistol bolts have issues, it's really that smooth. Halo 4 still looks phenomenal, like almost as good as Halo 5 tbh. Playing this flight at 1440p144 certainly beats Halo 5's basically 720p60 on my Xbone S.

SleazyHyena

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone else who's had a chance to play, does the input window for toggle zoom feel too long when you're trying to quickly hold to zoom? I feel like I'm getting way more zoom toggles than in the other games when I'm just trying to quickly zoom in and out.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Hmm. I haven't played Halo in a while. Having a hard time figuring out what good look acceleration would be.
I usually play at like 9 sens in destiny

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to be negative but playing Requiem was unsatisfying. The music took a massive hit, there wasn't any music playing while shooting through the hallway. Don't get me started with the Elites and Grunts.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on news for PC splitscreen :(

It's a good thing I have an xbox one for when gf comes over but she's only got a PC and I'd love to play that with her at her place.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Halo 4 in many ways looked better than Halo 5 at the time. 343 know their shit when it comes to visual fidelity, which is why the Halo Infinite demo was so weird.
Not weird if you consider halo 4 looking better than halo 5... They focus a lot on cut scene visual fidelity in h4, the characters models and face still look great to this day where bungie still can't manage well. Halo 5 was a blurry mess because they are going for a solid 60fps gameplay so resolution often drops below 1080p and the lack of TAA hurts it too. If there's any indication, the cut scene graphics

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Can't wait to replay this campaign. Is not the best gameplay wise (it's pretty good anyway) but it's the one with the better story together with 2, and the ending is amazing.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Halo 4 (Requiem level) for the first time and it just doesn't feel anywhere near as smooth as past entries. Everything from the default movement speed, melee animation/arm length and grenade throws to enemy reaction behaviours appear either off or weak.

I guess Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer (on MCC PC) was a sign of expectations for Halo 4's gameplay, but so far 4 plays like a let-down no matter the visual strengths.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I wish input based MM actually meant you're only matched with same input opponents.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
btw imo Halo 4 multiplayer is genuinely one of the best ones in terms of weapon sandbox, all the COD perks and progression system, random weapon drops and ordnance it launched with rightfully soured a lot of people on the game but that stuff got toned way down over time, and modes were added with it completely removed, and if you play those it feels super smooth and good. I really hope people will give it a second chance with this release becasue it's definitely not as bad as you remember (the maps are kinda weak though)

True. Halo 4 mp is super underrated. There are some great maps (Haven in particular) but a lot of the best ones are for Big Team Battle.

Big Team Battle is great fun in H4

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
What's up with bloom and lens flares? My eyes are bleeding.
PS - and of course that stupid visor from h3 which you cannot (?) disable.

20201021113815_1.jpg

20201021120717_1.jpg