• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 10 years since we dropped into hell. This is still one of my favorite Halo campaigns and also contains one of the best ever soundtracks in videogames, period.

halo_3_odst.jpg

Firefight was also a fun mode and it allowed us to complete the final vidmaster challenges to unlock Recon for Halo 3.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
My mind immediately went to the soundtrack. It's so nice as you're exploring the city, alone in the middle of the night. Really liked how you piece together the story too. It's funny because I hated everything about ODST except firefight when it first came out but now I appreciate just how different it is than a normal Halo game.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 years to the date that me and my group got the "Endure" achievement then. That afternoon ranks pretty high on our list of Halo moments.

hjEj5pi.png

The couple second wait for the achievement to pop was wonderfully tense.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I replayed this earlier this year. Still brilliant, I almost want to play it again right now.

We need another Halo that plays like this. They could make two different Halo series, one with Master chief and another like this. A bit like they do with Forza series

Deleted member 5519

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To mimic what others have said, this was an awesome experience that was different from the typical Halo fare. The music was on another level. The firefight ties with Gears 2 horde for me as my favorite horde type mode of all time.

I also hold the endure achievement. There are harder achievements out there but this is the hardest one I've achieved in Halo.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Hey what are the odds, I just started playing it for the first time 2 days ago. Such a weird shift in direction compared to Halo 1-3 but I kinda like it.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
I want another Halo game to focus on the struggles of a human world being invaded by the Covenant. I felt that ODST touched this theme even more so than Reach did. It felt more personal, and personally, more interesting. I also adored Sadie's story arch.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The music and atmosphere were really something... I miss Marty's style in Destiny 2 :(

And of course, the first time the sax kicks in on this one...

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 years to the date that me and my group got the "Endure" achievement then. That afternoon ranks pretty high on our list of Halo moments.

hjEj5pi.png

Damn, I also remember doing this. So errors how vivid the memory is, it was hard as hell but so fun. Remember having to tell my parents I just had to do it lol.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Best Halo campaign outside of 1. We absolutely need another one, the human element made it a lot more relatable, these were the grunts who took care of shit until MC showed up and stole all their glory.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Best campaign (with Reach) and probably best soundtrack in the series. Amazing game

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Everyone celebrate by playing some Firefight. MS should hold anniversary events for games like this and give participators special rewards or something.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wrong quote lol. Meant to say I would've gotten the endure achievement if it were solo. Was able to break 1 million solo on Chasm Ten heroic, and it was absolute mayhem in those last rounds. Took roughly 3.5+ hours.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic game. I need to finish off my playthrough of this on the X.

Wish 343 would experiment with smaller scope Halo games such as this which will be perfect now what with Gamepass and all.

Jan 4, 2018
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ODST has such a great atmosphere, especially the Data Hive mission. I want so much a sequel taking place during the events and plotholes of Halo 3 (the new Chieftain of the Brutes, the forerunner Dreadnought, 000 Tragic Solitude...). This has so much potential and Mendicant Bias could easily be used in the same way as the Super Intendant, monitoring every of your movements and acting as the puppet master. You could even bring back Johnson and Truth... Please 343 :(

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Great companion game to Halo 3, and probably the last Halo game I really loved (outside of Halo Wars, like those a lot).

I really need to give ODST another playthrough, it's one of the games I've played the least (maybe only twice all the way through,and that was close to when it launched).

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
ODST is a beautiful aberration. The game only exists because Bungie was obliged to produce two more Halo games after Halo 3, and for whatever reason they diverted some of their most talented senior designers from Reach to this glorified expansion pack. Staten and O'Donnell in particular lend the game a sense of authorship that no other Halo game possesses. They just decided to make a noir detective semi-open world retelling of Dante's Inferno because... no one said they couldn't?

I can only dream of the current regime at 343 affording that level of freedom to any team for any reason.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
ODST is still my go-to comfy-cozy late night gaming experience. The smooth sci-fi jazz, exploring the city, hunting for skulls and audio logs. It's really nice. Can't wait for the PC version.

343 gimme firefight in MCC plz

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly the best Halo campaign, shame its innovations didn't come back in the sequels or Reach. Also too bad they absolutely half-assed the multiplayer by literally throwing in a Halo 3 disc and a low effort horde mode.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Is it weird that ODST & Reach are my favorite Halos? Love how they did something new and cool with the IP.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
this really felt like a "best of" halo campaign. loved it. oh, and firefight was amazing fun that the series has yet to recapture

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Successfully pulling off the 'Endure' achievement was one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that ODST & Reach are my favorite Halos? Love how they did something new and cool with the IP.
I'm right there with you. I'm much more immersed in the Halo universe when I'm not playing Master Chief. Playing a Helljumper in ODST, and Noble 6 on a Spartan team in Reach have been my favorite Halo campaigns. I think I'm just more invested when I'm playing on a team as part of the story. The lore feels richer too, or maybe I'm just pulled in more.

Don't get me wrong, playing MC is a blast, but he's an unstoppable badass, and typically a lone wolf.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Underrated AF! Great game, great Halo game as well.

Hopefully this does come to PC next year.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

hjEj5pi.png

I remember this achievement, and it was tense. No more lives, the team wiped and it was just me versus a hammer. I think ammo was also low too. In those close quarters, some how he died and it was amazing. Random group too, even more impressive.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The peak of Halo. Told a personal and satisfying story, campaign was all killer no filler. The multiplayer was just Halo 3 plus the Halo 3 DLC I never bought beforehand which was amazing.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Love the game! Probably my favorite campaign out of the entire series. Also has the BEST version of FIrefight out of all of them, disappointed they didn't bring that back when they remastered it for the MCC.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this achievement, and it was tense. No more lives, the team wiped and it was just me versus a hammer. I think ammo was also low too. In those close quarters, some how he died and it was amazing. Random group too, even more impressive.

Huge props to anyone who was able to do this online. My group tried off and on for years but it wasn't until we all brought our consoles together and played locally that we overcame random lag spikes and breath holding "reconnecting" issues.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I want another Halo game to focus on the struggles of a human world being invaded by the Covenant. I felt that ODST touched this theme even more so than Reach did. It felt more personal, and personally, more interesting. I also adored Sadie's story arch.

Hell, it'd be nice to have a spin off Halo game that focuses on the insurrection post-Covenant.

UNSC ain't exactly well liked by lots of people

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
man, that we are odst trailer is one of the best trailers for any game or movie iver ever seen.

how the hell halo didn't end up in competent enough hands to make a good movie is fucking beyond me

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
What's the best way to play this in 2019? I've still got my copy from 09, but haven't set up my 360 for about five years. My gaming time is split 90/10 PC/PS4 and I don't own an Xbox One. Should I resurrect my 360 from mothballs? Or is it coming as part of the MC Collection on PC? I'm unbelievably excited for that.