• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
0zWiiN6.png

As we've established by majority vote, the best part of Halo is when you get to ride in the car with everyone. The Elephant lets you ride with your entire team at once. Ergo, Halo 3 is clearly the best Halo game.

La69yv6.jpg

Every so often I get a game of Sandtrap on the MCC and it's impossible not to chuckle at the goofiness of these things. Like, there's not much point to drive it around, but it's just so fun, you know? I think in CTF and Assault it might move your capture point, and it does move your team spawns, so maybe there is some neat strategy to it. But really, I want to give the designers a pat on the back for such goofy, fun idea. And give some side-eye to every future Halo game for not trying to 1-up this.

efVnbno.png

Either way, wake me up when Halo is this brave again. Has there been anything this zany since? Anything else any other game has tried that is as kind of... pointless but fun?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Best game for when it comes to memories for me. But best game objectively? I prefer playing CE over H3.

Oct 25, 2017
All things considered, I agree it's the most well rounded. I personally enjoy 2 more though

Best game for when it comes to memories for me. But best game objectively? I prefer playing CE over H3.
CE is fun as shit when you're playing with good friends. Shotguns only on Prisoner is some of the most fun I've had with a Halo game

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 is weird 'cus it's one of the most fun I've ever had with a shooter and now that I'm an old crusty man without any friends, it'll probably remain that. At the time it was completely perfect but then MCC came out, and you played it back to back with things like Halo 1, 2 and 4, and you realize how janky and floaty everything felt. It lacks the crispness, for lack of better words, that all the other Halo games have.

Like, Halo 3 with AR starts is oof.

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Halo 3 is weird 'cus it's one of the most fun I've ever had with a shooter and now that I'm an old crusty man without any friends, it'll probably remain that. At the time it was completely perfect but then MCC came out, and you played it back to back with things like Halo 1, 2 and 4, and you realize how janky and floaty everything felt. It lacks the crispness, for lack of better words, that all the other Halo games have.

The Elephant is maximum crispiness and minimum jankiness and has zero floatyness though, I dunno what you're talking about.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Definitely hard disagree on this one, but I'm really just comparing the campaigns, in which case Halo 3 is my least favorite by far (I haven't played Halo 5 yet).

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not sure I agree, but at the same time I have nothing to come back at Stopdoor with. This might be one of the strongest OP's ever seen in ResetERA history. The man makes a damn fine argument.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CE is my favorite due to campaign. Multiplayer was probably H2, but nothing beats CE's campaign in my heart. Reach comes close, but no cigar.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is, if not mostly for the custom games. If that wasn't as good as it was due to forge, it would still be behind the likes of Halo 2 due to that awful bullet spread.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer wise Halo 2 is still untouched. Best gameplay mechanics, overwhelmingly had the best selection of maps for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, FFA and Big Team game modes and the gameplay was fluid. Halo 3 suffered from poor maps and slow gameplay.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yea it feels terrible now. Like Halo 2 aged well enough but Halo 3? ugh.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know back in its day I would have agreed with you. But playing it alongside 1 and 2, nah not even close. They nerfed the BR into the ground and makes the game play way too slow. Its still better than Reach, 4 and 5, but I wouldn't rank it over 1 and 2.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
halo 3 was the best for the social aspects. prefer 5's gameplay (mp) much more. wasnt really playing online for CE and 2

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I could see it. Halo 2 is the one I probably played the most online, but Halo 3 was easily second. Halo 4 and Halo 5...well...I liked them well enough, but I didn't play a ton of multiplayer in either. In regards to 5, I think that had more to do with my personal life than the quality of it.

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
CE is my favorite due to campaign. Multiplayer was probably H2, but nothing beats CE's campaign in my heart. Reach comes close, but no cigar.
It is, if not mostly for the custom games. If that wasn't as good as it was due to forge, it would still be behind the likes of Halo 2 due to that awful bullet spread.
Multiplayer wise Halo 2 is still untouched. Best gameplay mechanics, overwhelmingly had the best selection of maps for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, FFA and Big Team game modes and the gameplay was fluid. Halo 3 suffered from poor maps and slow gameplay.

It's like I'm invisible, you guys don't even bother to refute my point. Bullet spread is irrelevant and this game has Sandtrap, so that's the opposite of poor maps. Slow gameplay is why the Elephant is so masterful. C'mon people.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
It certainly is for me, but mainly for the campaign. I'll never forget playing that campaign with my friends, it was like one amazing set piece after the other.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Halo 3's weapons kill it for me. Anything below power weapon tier feels really weak. The BR and the Carbine have awful bullet spread, and nearly all of the full auto weapons feel like pea shooters. Bubble shields and regenerators are also pretty annoying. Not really a fan of the boxy map design coming off Halo 2's more circular arenas like Midship, Sanctuary and Warlock either.

but it has the best campaign missions at least.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's like I'm invisible, you guys don't even bother to refute my point. Bullet spread is irrelevant and this game has Sandtrap, so that's the opposite of poor maps. Slow gameplay is why the Elephant is so masterful. C'mon people.

That's not custom games. Albeit, it can add to it in certain modes.

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Multiplayer maybe

Single player though? It peaked with 1 and it was a downward slope from there.

Well at least you agree the Elephant is where it peaked.

Halo 3's weapons kill it for me. Anything below power weapon tier feels really weak. The BR and the Carbine have awful bullet spread, and nearly all of the full auto weapons feel like pea shooters. Bubble shields and regenerators are also pretty annoying. Not really a fan of the boxy map design coming off Halo 2's more circular arenas like Midship, Sanctuary and Warlock either.

but it has the best campaign missions at least.

and BEST VEHICLE

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other members
Meh. I don't take joke/silly threads seriously. Your title is "Halo 3 is the best Halo game" and then your OP is some nonsense about a multiplayer vehicle. I don't even know why I bothered to post.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed OP. Also I don't know a single person who didn't do the grav lift glitch to send that thing flying. Fun times.