• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I haven't played the MCC yet. Did Halo 3 received a big graphical upgrade similar to the first two games, or only a resolution bump?

They pushed out draw distance for props so there's less pop-in on the Enhanced setting, upped the resolution, but you need to turn on 16x AF in your graphics panel because proper Anisotropic Filtering that was too much to ask for lol

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Was expecting this to unlock at 6pm GMT and only being able to play tomorrow with my internet download speed. Pleasantly surprised!

EDIT: 8GB total on Steam

Last edited:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 2 got some new stuff, this is accessed via mods right now but weird they added shit from the Halo 2 BETA to this

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
YES, BEST ARMOR AVAILABLE FROM THE START
hbedlH0.jpg

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Downloaded around 7GB at a fast speed and now it's going at... 300kbs. I guess I'll leave my computer on all night.

O, back to 10MB/s. Im confused.

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, the armor is unlocked from the start? That's a bummer... I wanted to grind for some things.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, great, fantastic

BUT DID THEY FIX THAT GODDAMN SMILEY EMBLEM?!
I just checked and they still haven't

Why the fuck do they leave this bug in lol?

is it spite at this point?

just stubbornness?

343i: "You're playing with the fucking smiley emblem, get used to it!"

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never played this game, but looking at how it looks on Xbone X, visuals seem pretty rough. How is it looking on PC and is it worth a short for the campaign alone? Cheers

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
Halo 3 is the first one to feel amazing with 240hz. Crazy to think that reach still has that jank over 60fps

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
Played a few matches of 3, the audio is vastly improved compared to the flight. The weapons no longer sound super quiet. Then hopped into winter contingency to check out Reach's audio. Damn. Its like night and day. Its great that the audio is perfect for those 2 now.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I think 3 was always the point MCC would find its legs. Hopefully people come and stay now it's available.
Now finding matches for Halo 1 will be all but impossible though :(

Yeah the spawns suck and the pistol is OP but goddam the sheer chaos is amazingly fun
Wait, the armor is unlocked from the start? That's a bummer... I wanted to grind for some things.
There's a whole new season of brand-new unlocks for Halo 1 skins and armour you can grind for.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be a tactical nuke to my nostalgia center. Will pick it up later in the day.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
So is it just me or is the install process for each new Halo game a bit meh? Last night I went to make sure the Halo 3 DLC option was checked in Steam so that the game would install overnight. When I woke up this morning the box was unchecked in DLC, and I had a 1.5GB download to do.

When that 1.5GB download finished, another 6.5GB download started.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
So is it just me or is the install process for each new Halo game a bit meh? Last night I went to make sure the Halo 3 DLC option was checked in Steam so that the game would install overnight. When I woke up this morning the box was unchecked in DLC, and I had a 1.5GB download to do.

When that 1.5GB download finished, another 6.5GB download started.
1.5GB is a patch for the entire collection with fixes for MCC wholesale. The 6.5GB + 2.8GB download are for Halo 3 campaign and multiplayer respectively.

Makes sense to split the download as some people pick and choose which titles they want.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, so it's available as standalone also - not only as part of MCC?

I found it on Xbox app in Game Pass and it's 100 GB, lol. Is it downloading the whole collection or what?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so it's available as standalone also - not only as part of MCC?

I found it on Xbox app in Game Pass and it's 100 GB, lol. Is it downloading the whole collection or what?
No and yes.

It's part of the MCC (though you can buy the MCC by pieces), and the Game Pass version has all the games already (well, the PC available ones, it's missing ODST and 4 yet)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Aw man, no daily challenges. Come on. Oh well, weekly challenges are something, at least.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
I waited so long for this, ever since Halo 2 Vista. Over a decade of periodically googling for news and rumors. Can't believe it finally happened.

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
i still can not fucking believe we actually have HALO on steam now.
microsoft going all out and i love it

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Booting up now. This and Infinite reveal in a little over a week. 343 have been putting in the work.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
About halfway done on the campaign. Maybe is nostalgia + hype kicking in, but i feel the campaign has aged really well so far.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get into a BTB game at all lol. It's honestly a bit amazing to me how their matchmaking keeps breaking so consistently and predictably. Guess I'll play something else for a bit.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Can't get into a BTB game at all lol. It's honestly a bit amazing to me how their matchmaking keeps breaking so consistently and predictably. Guess I'll play something else for a bit.

I wouldn't really expect to find bigger games quickly right now. It's early morning in most of EU and in the middle of the night in US on a Tuesday. The game dropped earlier than expected and most people haven't downloaded it yet.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
It's so fuckin good. Played through to Floodgate and goddamn is it beautiful above 60fps. These are seriously some of the best encounters Bungie ever did.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
So if I thought the Halo CE and 2 campaigns didn't hold up but could forgive them for being old, but also thought that Reach was tedious and boring, can I expect to feel different for 3? Gamepass and "for the sake of gaming history" tell me to still give it a shot.

Also, does this one have captions during gameplay?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't really expect to find bigger games quickly right now. It's early morning in most of EU and in the middle of the night in US on a Tuesday. The game dropped earlier than expected and most people haven't downloaded it yet.

Fair point.

I did find a few, though, and holy fuck I suck lol.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if I thought the Halo CE and 2 campaigns didn't hold up but could forgive them for being old, but also thought that Reach was tedious and boring, can I expect to feel different for 3? Gamepass and "for the sake of gaming history" tell me to still give it a shot.
3 is widely regarded as the best title of the franchise, both MP and SP.

Also, does this one have captions during gameplay?
It doesn't