• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol what movie theatres will this release in? There wont be any next october? They should have just put it out on vod this year, its gonna end up
On vod anyway, what a stupid delay

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I was in a discord that got nuked from orbit. The leaked script had been floating around, and if it's true this movie is going to make H18 look like small potatoes
Yerp. If people dig around Reddit it actually might still be up. My buddy shot me a whole google doc on Twitter where someone broke down the test screening in exceptional detail. Used to have it saved on my phone but I deleted it. Check my twitter to see if I could find it from my buddy but he is like me. Wanted to try to forget it after reading it and seemingly deleted the tweet lol

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be very vague but
Another Pumpkin opening, 1978 Halloween is very important, a character from Halloween(2018) may be alive, brutal, a element from Halloween 4 is in it. Nobody is safe and Tony Moran is in it .
Between your post and the teaser, I'm beyond pumped for the movie. I'm really hoping they went all in and the stakes are high.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Does anyone have a link anywhere for the leak? I would love to read it.

Of course send via PM so we don't spoil anything in the thread.

Thanks.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
By coincidence just saw H2018 today for first time and really disliked it. Peak dumb filmmaking that was all over the place. Jamie Lee C still great though.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Same here.

Seeing Tommy with the bat ready to deal some vigilante justice on Michael's ass with the bar patrons got me hyped. Too bad it isn't going to go well for them.
Mega spoilers below don't read if you don't already know
I'm honestly surprised they killed Tommy, but I'd be damned if I said I can't wait for Michael to massacre an entire fucking mob. Pleasantly surprised the sheriff from H18 ended up being alive. Good guy Cameron, right? I hope the CGI Loomis is good, gonna make or break the '78 opening.

Nov 26, 2017
By coincidence just saw H2018 today for first time and really disliked it. Peak dumb filmmaking that was all over the place. Jamie Lee C still great though.
The thing about 2018, it was originally a two movie film, and they cut it down to one film. And than they got Kills and Ends and they listen to the feedback. And going by the leak plot they really did listen.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Mega spoilers below don't read if you don't already know
I'm honestly surprised they killed Tommy, but I'd be damned if I said I can't wait for Michael to massacre an entire fucking mob. Pleasantly surprised the sheriff from H18 ended up being alive. Good guy Cameron, right? I hope the CGI Loomis is good, gonna make or break the '78 opening.

I actually...

Didn't understand that he died in the leaked stuff I read, but that was due to how poorly it was written. I figured he did. I don't remember what happens with Cameron; the only things that vividly stuck out was CG Loomis, the mob fight, the return of a thought deceased character, and the death of you-know-who.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
What was the original ending?

Just in case...

"In the leaked script pages, the original ending paints a different picture for how the final showdown ends between Laurie and Michael. When Laurie runs out of ammunition, she confronts Michael with a knife, but the Shape is also brandishing a blade of his own. In their struggle, Michael manages to plunge his knife into Laurie's chest, twisting the blade before pulling it out. Moments later, Laurie's daughter uses a crossbow to shoot Michael in the chest with an arrow, causing him to wander off. An exhausted and possibly-dying Michael ends up collapsing outside next to the outdoor mannequins, while Laurie is placed in the back of the truck while bleeding profusely."

Now I've read a couple of different versions...one had Laurie dying and had Michael sitting on a stump, wheezing and having trouble breathing basically and that's where it ends.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case...

"In the leaked script pages, the original ending paints a different picture for how the final showdown ends between Laurie and Michael. When Laurie runs out of ammunition, she confronts Michael with a knife, but the Shape is also brandishing a blade of his own. In their struggle, Michael manages to plunge his knife into Laurie's chest, twisting the blade before pulling it out. Moments later, Laurie's daughter uses a crossbow to shoot Michael in the chest with an arrow, causing him to wander off. An exhausted and possibly-dying Michael ends up collapsing outside next to the outdoor mannequins, while Laurie is placed in the back of the truck while bleeding profusely."

Now I've read a couple of different versions...one had Laurie dying and had Michael sitting on a stump, wheezing and having trouble breathing basically and that's where it ends.

Eh, this just feels super anti-climactic. Not so much the Laurie stuff but the way Michael is handled. I definitely prefer what we got.

Speaking of Halloween 2018: I rewatched it last weekend and is anyone else bothered by the way they kind of unceremoniously offed Allyson's dad? And I don't mean "bothered" like it was poorly done or anything. It's just the guy seemed like a such cool, laid back dad, gets killed by Michael, and his death is never really acknowledged by Allyson or Karen. Allyson lost her dad, Karen her husband, but it never really explicitly lands for them. Makes it feel like the dad kind of didn't matter and I just find that profoundly sad. The movie was fairly merciless about killing off anyone (including a young kid) but that's the one that stuck with me the most.

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, this just feels super anti-climactic. Not so much the Laurie stuff but the way Michael is handled. I definitely prefer what we got.

Speaking of Halloween 2018: I rewatched it last weekend and is anyone else bothered by the way they kind of unceremoniously offed Allyson's dad? And I don't mean "bothered" like it was poorly done or anything. It's just the guy seemed like a such cool, laid back dad, gets killed by Michael, and his death is never really acknowledged by Allyson or Karen. Allyson lost her dad, Karen her husband, but it never really explicitly lands for them. Makes it feel like the dad kind of didn't matter and I just find that profoundly sad. The movie was fairly merciless about killing off anyone (including a young kid) but that's the one that stuck with me the most.
No, the dad's death is one of the most memorable in the movie for me. I've mentioned this a few times around the forum regarding this movie, but I feel like Halloween 2018 thematically is a metaphor for latent yet re-emerging white supremacy in American culture.

Michael Myers represents the latent lurking threat of white supremacy/fascist cultural forces.

Laurie Strode represents the "hysterical" alarm-pullers who get alienated/ostracized from their communities for being "alarmist" for rightly recognizing, preparing for, and attempting to alert people to the threat most people dismiss as "it happened in the past, it's not relevant now".

Laurie's son-in-law represents suburban white men who just want to pretend that the danger isn't real, let alone nearby and tangible, and who just wants to get back to what's important to him: playtime (with his yo-yo in his case).

Then you have Michael's psychiatrist whose morbid curiosity/fanaticism of "let's see what happens" is the cause of a bunch of people getting killed.

There's probably more, and I'd love to see a more detailed take on this. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else propose this interpretation of the film and possible themes.

Oct 31, 2017
I probably worded it poorly but I agree with you- it was the most memorable to me. It bothered me because it just seemed profoundly sad.
I agree that for being the son-in-law he's kind of just tossed to the wayside, but so many things happen so fast there at the end, it's reasonable that in that kind of moment there'd not be enough time to process what happened and the grief/sadness that'd properly accompany it. They were all just trying not to die to Michael after all.

It's sad, but he was pretty much marked for death from the beginning with his aloofness/carefree nature.

Hopefully his death will be touched upon in the sequel.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I actually...

Didn't understand that he died in the leaked stuff I read, but that was due to how poorly it was written. I figured he did. I don't remember what happens with Cameron; the only things that vividly stuck out was CG Loomis, the mob fight, the return of a thought deceased character, and the death of you-know-who.
the leaked stuff I read didn't say Tommy died explicitly but apparently Micheal stabs him in the chest and beats him with his own baseball bat. I guess if Officer Hawkins could survive Tommy could too but it seemed like a total massacre. Lindsey survives though, there is an epic chase scene with her and Michael. Cameron kinda redeems himself this movie. He is the one who finds Officer Hawkins and resuscitates him towards the beginning