• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ I had to watch so many of these this week at my parents house fuck this thread is giving me nam flashbacks FUCK

(Graceland Christmas wasn't terrible)

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Switch For Christmas...

The "little town" is Littleton, Colorado, which is literally a suburb of Denver, and this movie talks about it like it's some rural mountain town in the middle of nowhere.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if this was a die-hard knock off and DJ had to fight off thieves while trapped in the store overnight...

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if this was a die-hard knock off and DJ had to fight off thieves while trapped in the store overnight...

That would be amazing!

The angel lady (Jean Smith) looks really familiar. I just looked up her roles in imdb though, and nothing really sticks out to me. I guess I recognize her as an amalgamation of all the minor roles she's been in throughout her career.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing!

The angel lady (Jean Smith) looks really familiar. I just looked up her roles in imdb though, and nothing really sticks out to me. I guess I recognize her as an amalgamation of all the minor roles she's been in throughout her career.

Martha Logan from 24 is what I remember her from

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay so I've only watched TWO of these movies (well, on and a half, one of them was much too shitty).

How many of these films have some white old fuck that serves as a "pseudo father christmas" that goes "WELL Y'KNOW CHRISTMAS WISHES TEND TO COME TRUE AROUND THIS TIME O' YEAR." Gag me.

Oh, also there's a group of very bad carolers who might all be friends of director's.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just watched the twins switching movie and it was pretty vapid. The leading males acted like magnets to each of the twins from the moment they were introduced and the entire conflict of the movie felt manufactured. At a certain point it became clear that the only people they were hiding the switch from that mattered were the two male leads who they could have just easily told.

Under even minor scrutiny the plot of the whole movie collapses. At least The Princess Switch movie on Netflix had enough humor even if some of it was unintentional to keep my attention away from how silly it all was.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How was the hall of fame movie? Better than the rest of the new crop?

It was better than the rest of the new movies, but still nothing amazing. There was a death and a mystery person, which I guess is different enough from the standard cookie cutter stories. But the annoying thing about this movie is they did the typical "city life is bad" thing through guilt tripping the main character non-stop. Every 5 minutes the topic of the main character not being there for her dead sister was brought up somehow.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This weekend's offerings....

Saturday:
r3o03gb.jpg

"Mingle All the Way" is a new networking app designed to pair busy professionals together for upcoming events, without long-term romance. Molly, founder of the app, is determined to prove to her family that it is a success. Therefore, she joins the app, and meets another busy professional, Jeff. When Molly and Jeff are matched, they are both horrified to realize they've already had not one, but two disastrous previous encounters. Nevertheless, they agree to stay matched for all their respective upcoming holiday engagements. As the pair gets closer, perhaps their business arrangement might turn into something more this holiday season. Stars Jen Lilley, Brant Daugherty and Lindsay Wagner.

Sunday:
rAtAY7a.jpg

Christmas in the charming town of Briar Falls will be bittersweet this year when architect Nell goes back to her hometown having been given the job of turning the historic Majestic Playhouse into a modern multiplex, much to the town's objections. This job is Nell's first promotion, and one she wishes she hadn't been chosen for, especially when she meets the new owner of the theater, Connor, whose vision and ideas clash with Nell's. Since Connor hasn't had much experience celebrating Christmas, Nell hopes that if she can give him a crash course in Christmas during the town's Twelve Day Festival, that he might just change his mind about modernizing the Majestic. Starring Jerrika Hinton and Christian Vincent.

Also, not Official Hallmark Garbage, but made in the spirit of Hallmark Garbage, Netflix has dropped the Christmas Prince sequel.

gfVeiOj.jpg

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This weekend's offerings....

Saturday:
r3o03gb.jpg

Sunday:
rAtAY7a.jpg

Also, not Official Hallmark Garbage, but made in the spirit of Hallmark Garbage, Netflix has dropped the Christmas Prince sequel.

gfVeiOj.jpg

The first one seems interesting. Two people hooking up via a Tinder knock off. I appreciate the second one having having non-white lead roles too, but it sucks that it's another one of those city girl falls in love with the country stories. I don't know how many more of those I can take.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Liking the Lifetime movies a bit more this year.

Anyways Mingle all the Way and A Godwink Christmas were both the best of the Hallmark bunch I saw this weekend.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Four new offerings this weekend on the two Hallmark channels...

Saturday:

DZ43h91.jpg

After stepping down as CEO of her dream job, Maddie (Loughlin) heads home for the holidays to gain perspective. She finds herself running into her old high school sweetheart Carter (Webster), and tensions quickly arise. When forced to put together a Christmas dance for the local high school, Carter and Maddie find themselves putting their differences aside and rediscover what made them fall in love all those years ago.

9730YBM.jpg

Noelle (Milian) was raised by the queen of Christmas. When she inherits her late mother's house, she finds out that her mother had been hiring someone to decorate it — Dave (Taylor). The deal is off, but Dave convinces Noelle to let him carry on the tradition. As the display goes up, Noelle's defenses start to come down. She embraces the town's Christmas gala that was her mother's legacy, finds unexpected love, and develops a joy for the holidays that she never thought possible.

Sunday:

3IILeUB.jpg

Resort developer Madison Lane (Finnigan) is tasked with finding a location for a new ski resort. While she's prepared to recommend the resort be placed in Mountain Park, her boss tells her to take a trip to Christmas, Colo., to consider the location and the incentive package they're offering. On her way into town to meet with the mayor, Madison has a minor fender-bender with the town's welcome sign. Town Sheriff Gage McBride (Mabius) gives Madison a ride into town so she can attend the meeting while the car is towed and repaired. Little does Madison know that the town is on a mission to convince Madison that Christmas is the best place for the new ski resort. While stranded, Madison grows to love the community and the spirit of Christmas that runs throughout. Is a resort really the right move for Christmas? Or would the town be better off keeping its charm and traditions intact?

HDRMhsK.jpg

Based on the song by Blake Shelton and the book by Dorothy Shakleford and Travis Thrasher. It's the last Friday before Christmas in New York City and a massive storm is brewing. Small-town business woman Cara Hill is meeting with her banker while country music star Heath Sawyer is playing Madison Square Garden. When the flight to Tulsa they're both booked on is canceled, this unlikely pair of strangers winds up traveling together. Each has a secret — Heath hasn't written a song since his father died, and Cara's mother recently passed and her family's jam business is failing. Will Christmas provide a miracle — and a chance at love?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This weekends offerings include the other sister from Full House, and someone from that one show I can't remember...

SATURDAY:

wPh8DuO.jpg

Liz is a cookbook author, crafting expert, and television personality whose name is synonymous with perfection. As she contemplates retirement, her daughter Candace (Jodie Sweetin) is poised to become the new face of the Livingston brand. The only trouble is, she can't cook. Or sew. Or do any of the signature things her mother is known for. When a young girl posts a video online requesting Liz help welcome her deployed father home for Christmas, Candace is sent in her place in an effort to prove herself a worthy successor to the board of directors and win the job. As Candace does her best to make a good impression, she gets more than she bargained for. Starring Jodie Sweetin and Brendan Fehr.

hyrezbi.jpg

When pilot Zoey Hathaway inherits her uncle's ranch in Alaska, plans to sell the place and buy her own plane go out the window after she meets the handsome ranch hand, Alec Wynn, along with the place's resident reindeer, Holly and Palmer. Starring Ashley Williams and Corey Sevier.

SUNDAY:

kEWsU10.jpg

With Christmas just weeks away, the architecture firm Taylor works for enters her in a contest in which the teams will design and build life sized gingerbread houses. After the contest, Taylor will likely be getting a promotion to a position in another city. The firm teams her up with Annabelle, a renowned French pastry chef with whom Taylor instantly locks horns. When Annabelle backs out, Taylor stumbles into a local bakery and meets Adam, a baker and single dad. In an act of desperation, Taylor convinces Adam to partner with her for the contest, arguing that winning would give the bakery and his designs much needed exposure. For years Taylor has been resistant to call anywhere "home" for fear it will only be temporary. But the time she spends with Adam and his daughter Brook in their cozy home, decorating for Christmas, and exploring Philadelphia at Christmas, fills her with a longing for a place to call home. Starring Tia Mowry-Hardrict and Duane Henry.

ADYHLXk.jpg

Nell's last stop on a nationwide book tour takes her to the town of Springdale, the hometown of Emmett Turner, a young man she met over five years ago while both were junior copy editors at a New York publishing company. Nell was hurt when Emmett stood her up for a dinner date and then disappeared from New York without any explanation. Back then, Emmett's colorful, nostalgic anecdotes about Springdale inspired her to write the book that is shaping her life and especially her holiday season. Starring Kristoffer Polaha and Ashley Newbrough.

The guy from Entertaining Christmas has one incredibly punchable face....

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Watched this one, sadly there isn't much to say.

I only really watched it because the lead actress had a small part on Imposters that left an actual impression on me(certainly big enough that I recognized her just from that image above) and she was great here as well(well, as great as the writing allows people to be). There is just something about there it instantly appealing to me.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Entertaining Christmas was dull, and I wonder if they wanted the other Full House sister, as the character's name was Candace.

Also, the guy with the punchable face was in Guardians of the Galaxy, and even Starlord was disgusted with him.

nJIzTrk.jpg

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I watched most of these, and they weren't all bad. This is after Christmas now, and they're STILL airing these? I think they stop mid January iirc.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I always fail to watch the ones near Christmas, because near Christmas is the time for good movies.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's over.

"Northern Lights at Christmas", and "Shoe Addict's Christmas" were my "top" picks.

Don't forget to cancel those subscription add-ons.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
fliping through channel. Halmark has Christmas in July... watch your Christmas favs from now through the 28...

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
fliping through channel. Halmark has Christmas in July... watch your Christmas favs from now through the 28...

Seriously, fuck Hallmark Channel. They celebrate Christmas every goddamn month essentially with the same rotating cast of factory-produced C-listers.

EDIT: I'm only bitter because completely butchered episodes of The Golden Girls are on hiatus again because of this crap.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously, fuck Hallmark Channel. They celebrate Christmas every goddamn month essentially with the same rotating cast of factory-produced C-listers.

EDIT: I'm only bitter because completely butchered episodes of The Golden Girls are on hiatus again because of this crap.
lol, i left it on for white noise. i swear i saw the same theme reworked last holiday. Corporate guy buys mom pop shop christmas store building in the big city. They fall in love, save building, the end lol. i swear its the same building in every movie

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I was disappointed last year with a lot of their releases but this year has been so much better. A Godwink Christmas Meant for Love is perhaps their best Christmas movie in years.